Login

russian armor

I & R arty counterplay?

27 Dec 2017, 17:11 PM

I am not sure whether the ability itself was changed as I don't recall people using it before the patch but nowadays everyone and their mother spams it like there is no tomorrow.

But yes, how exactly do you counter or react to IR pathfinders' ability as Ostheer? Is it possible? Your field presence always revolves around MG42 and/or Pak 40 and the rest of your army more or less only complements these weapons until later phases. The timing on the IR arty and the fact that it is a GPS guided munition that always land in the middle of the area it is supposed to hit means you lose the targeted weapon no matter what, unless the MG or Pak is already unpacked by the time the ability is called; in which case you can retreat if you react to red smoke and/or sound. It always destroys the house it is called on (MG will not make it out in time) and it always destroys not only the support weapon crew but also the weapon itself. Yes, it costs 140 muni, but that seems like a small price for driving Ost off the field by obliterating that one weapon integral in their army. Also, the IR team does not need to get anywhere close to the target as the range is big. Is there something I am missing?
27 Dec 2017, 17:17 PM

You rarly met before pathc it coz whole commander except arty of IR Pathfider was bad.
27 Dec 2017, 18:38 PM

Is there something I am missing?

Yes, the effectiveness of the ability vs vehicles. It does lots of damage, engine damage and can stun (crew shock).
28 Dec 2017, 16:06 PM

Would locking it behind Major do the trick? It seems fine as a lategame offmap but being hit by it as early as CP2 seems like a bit much.
28 Dec 2017, 16:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Dec 2017, 16:06 PMLago
Would locking it behind Major do the trick? It seems fine as a lategame offmap but being hit by it as early as CP2 seems like a bit much.

Units that can move while clocked should not be able to use devastating off-map and on-map attacks. The counter play is too hard compared to the play and response time is too sort.

That includes I&R, UKF sniper, cloaked PG/stormtroops, partisan, commandos....

Camo should be used for recon and ambush (static), not for cloaked hunting.
28 Dec 2017, 16:32 PM

Comon its not cheap ability and when someone use it early its means no blobbar
28 Dec 2017, 16:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Dec 2017, 16:20 PMVipper

Units that can move while clocked should not be able to use devastating off-map and on-map attacks. The counter play is too hard compared to the play and response time is too sort.

That includes I&R, UKF sniper, cloaked PG/stormtroops, partisan, commandos....

Camo should be used for recon and ambush (static), not for cloaked hunting.

Pathfinders in general seem like they have the best camo for this purpose(recon and ambush) they suck when moving, lose it if 1 guys out of cover and only have 4 guys with RA 1.

The artillery should be the same as on the WC51, locked behind major and on a global cooldown.

Aside from that Maybe delay it a couple seconds, but I think its nice that this and the mechanized artillery are actually useful vs vehicles, I would like them to retain that property.
28 Dec 2017, 16:59 PM

When did 140 muni become a small price to pay for killing one support weapon? That's more than 2 BARs/almost 3 zooks worth, so if you use it early-mid you can be taking a big risk.
28 Dec 2017, 18:27 PM

If you lose against this commander, it's l2p, sry to say that this way

provide replay for constructive help pls
28 Dec 2017, 18:43 PM

Please see the OT and rephrase your post, please. Nothing in your post is in any way relevant to it.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 55
unknown 1
Germany 42

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak