Login

russian armor

Is OP conscipt smg blobs the new meta?

26 Dec 2017, 09:12 AM

Permanently Banned

1 - thats working, but you will have not MP for AT and you probaly lost when T-34 come.
2 - First luchs come a 2-3 min before first T-34, Sov probably will have advantage in the map control, so he can just stay on base and w8 for a T-34 easilly.
3 - dont work, because 2cons>1PG and HMGs cant be everywhere and cant suppress cons with hit the dirt. So you lost in the map control and lost, when T-34 come.

As all axis factions you need bunkers (1, maybe 2) with HMG to blocking most important passages (includes your fuel point) and w8ing for a P4. Thats only one way to win.

Whut ? luchs come arrive before first t-34 a 2-3 min ? :snfPeter:
26 Dec 2017, 09:14 AM

My issue isn't with the con spam per say, it's with the indirect fire the soviets get - and the fact that early cons spam forces you to make weapons crews or at least play defensively, in which you have no offensive strike that can really knock out the mortars/rockets/onmaps because your luch's has been crippled and you're sort of forced to invest in some sort of defensive fortification.

I just played a game where my opponent lost 3 squads to not retreating, lost 3 tanks by driving them into my pak emplacement, lost a mortar to not retreating, and still almost won because he was able to sit with artillery and just blow stuff up from afar. It's the muta-ling of CoH2.

Soviet support weapons/squads do feel stronger this patch. Nobody has dealt with maxim spam yet I see. Even regular soviet mortars seem effective. I'm doing fine with Ostheer vs PPsH cons, but as OKW it's either rush for p4 and camp a fuel with volks into mg34, or go for double flak emplacements with luftwaffe/fortifications doc to hold off the con hordes until 120 arrives and then try to get obers or more support units to try and counter. Panzerfusilier spam is another alternative but is weaker since you don't have units that can actually counter support weapons effectively at range. ISG somewhat helps but it's mostly used for smoke spam to get past mgs or try and reach 120s, but it doesn't do enough dmg since it's easy to move and re-position soviet mortars. In terms of countering artillery you can try building your own howi or pick a doc that can drop arty to counter their arty. Simply send in a kubel or inf squad and go Feuersturm or Scavenge Doc and use the arty from those doctrines. I'd recommend building your own howi as it is cheaper and more effective, while also forcing the enemy to try and remove it first, instead of your own inf squads.
26 Dec 2017, 10:37 AM

Whut ? luchs come arrive before first t-34 a 2-3 min ? :snfPeter:

Sov have advantage in the map control, so - yes, its true. Just play a few games on open maps and you will see it.
You can make a first T-34 on 10-12 min, luchs will come on 7-8.
26 Dec 2017, 11:08 AM

It's not problem of conscripts but a problem of 120mm which is currently OP because it has no counterpart.

I don't know why but they nerfed leigh range so it cannot fire at so long range but they left Soviet 120mm mortar as is.

Actually I don't know how can one counter those mortars because nothing can reach them. And it gets even worse be a useful the moment you ambush them they just pop retreat and survive because of 6 crewman and consistency (1 member and still alive)

Honestly, I don't know how to counter 120mm mortars (doesn't matter if they are coupled by cons blob or guards or t70 or anything).

Only idea I've got about it is volks spam coupled with Luchs spam. Noting traditional will fail, you simply must outblob outpower him and push him out of the map the moment he starts spamming those 120mm mortars else you're gone.

I have never faced this strategy so I went for a more traditional build and failed horribly.
26 Dec 2017, 12:16 PM

Leigh nerf because UKF 3" mortar pit range nerf too

mean 120 mm mortar Range nerf soon ?
26 Dec 2017, 12:27 PM

Soon ? 6 months later or more MVGame.

IMO since SU mortar got vet0 flare they are mor accurate now.
Its not only mortars seems have more impact, even Zis barrage is useful now (gonna be spamable LUL).
26 Dec 2017, 12:41 PM

It's not problem of conscripts but a problem of 120mm which is currently OP because it has no counterpart.

Honestly, I don't know how to counter 120mm mortars (doesn't matter if they are coupled by cons blob or guards or t70 or anything).

Nothing counters 120 except artillery or maybe stupidity on your opponents behalf. The fact is unless the allied player leaves it isolated and/or allows its health to get exceptionally low, then it can simply retreat before it can be killed.

It should have retreat removed at the very least so as to allow counterplay.
26 Dec 2017, 13:02 PM

btw is the 120mm still survive even have only one crew left ? its so damn annoying to catch them, even try to use infiltrate units to counter them.
26 Dec 2017, 16:55 PM

The whack a mole balancing strategy is as effective as ever I see...

Seriously though, are we back to soviet 120mm being the flavor of the patch complaints? I'm having dejavu.

And yes, 120mm still survives and retreats with 1 crew.
26 Dec 2017, 17:28 PM

And yes, 120mm still survives and retreats with 1 crew.

Merely a feature
6 Jan 2018, 13:58 PM

A lot of people (such as myself) do con spam to get around all the mortars and machine guns that I constantly face in matches. OST players (in my experience) bring out 1-2 machine guns first, I can't really assault a machine gun with a maxim and usually they also pull out a mortar to seal the deal while you're pinned by MGs. The OST mortar rapes my SU mortar, so I usually say fuck it and either go all Penals or all Cons and just outflank, molotov, and counter his very static play with my very mobile play.

If you want to address Con spam, not only do you need to look at addressing how powerful the unit is, by why people do it in the first place. If we're going to be facing walls of machine guns and mortars, why would I take a more inferior mg or mortar to fight them with? I'd rather flank that shit and force it off. Steal that MG or mortar because it's better than mine anyways!

When I play OST, I actually just built 1 MG, and immediately build 3 Grenadiers and go hunting. I get my LMG's ASAP (or G43) and then start building bunkers. I riflenade my way through any real problems and just keybind the 3 squads to 2, 3, 4 so I can keep them spaced and avoid blobbing. As the late game goes in I'll start to build a Pak40, a mortar, maybe an MG. But I race for PZ4 because its AI and AT capabilities are versatile, I never make a Ostwind, and I usually dont need Tier 4 cause if I want AT I'll just spam STUGS. I apply so much pressure that I feel I dont need Tier 4.. or rather it seems too expensive to justify it because of how good my STUG's are at countering allied armor? Pz4 just cleans up the infantry... some day I'll make you ostwind, some day.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Korea, Republic Of 5
unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment