Login

russian armor

Questions about new patch - thinking of coming back

22 Dec 2017, 17:02 PM

First of all I really want to thank the community for this great patch. My gaming group (5 players) played since the first hour of COH2 but left CoH2 nearly a year ago. We only played AT games 2vs2 to 4vs4 and couldn't bear the imbalance and abusing of cheese in this gamemodes anymore. Now we are thinking about coming back because there is so much fixed we are talking about since years. We were lost behind hope already but hey, maybe we were wrong.

Lets say it again: Really great changes! Its far too much to higlight all this good changes.

Still I have some questions about some things that got adressed but as it looks not for all units/abilities. Please correct me if I'm wrong:

1) Infiltration units: Great changes here, cooldown for abilities does mean that Partisans and alike don't jump out of every house anhilating your artillery vehicles with AT-grenade followed by Shrek. But as it seems OKW Falls are not on that list of infiltration units. Does that mean that a Faust followed by some small arms fire of the Falls still destroys the badly armoured Katiushas? Please change this too, otherwise soviets will loose part of their partisan AT-power (was overdue) but their Katiushas still got destroyed as usual (this is overdue).

2) Targeting of base sector: This doesn't seem to got a change. As we left it was still possible to target base sector with some offmap abilities. Lolbomb was only one example for this. Does this got changed? If not please do it for all offmap artillery/plane abilities.

3) Binding tank call-ins to tier: We always thought either adapt fuel income across all maps and gamemodes or bind all call-ins to tech. this way the don't come too early in 1vs1 and not too late in all other gamemodes. Looking at the list of units that got adresses I do think that still not all units got adressed. The Sherman Dozer springs to my mind for example, which is curious because the M10 in the same commander got adressed. I would say do this for all tanks off all factions with the exception of the super heavies (I do think that it is a good thing that they do come later in big game modes)

So did I overlooked this? I can't imagine that this is intended, because otherwise this patch is so awesome. Thanks.
22 Dec 2017, 18:07 PM

One thing : there is nothing community about this patch when most request gets ignored even top players and casters and even contrary to winrates of recent tournaments

only hey patch is great from usual people with certain post history towards one faction
22 Dec 2017, 20:27 PM

Normally off map arty don't work in base sector anymore now.
Welcome back, we have done the same !

Cheers !
23 Dec 2017, 00:52 AM

One thing : there is nothing community about this patch when most request gets ignored even top players and casters and even contrary to winrates of recent tournaments

only hey patch is great from usual people with certain post history towards one faction

Okay community or not. There are alot of global changes that don't favour one faction but will help multiplayer games (global changes to FRP / tech-binding of call-ins / ... ). So if they listen or not, this are good changes.

Normally off map arty don't work in base sector anymore now.
Welcome back, we have done the same !

Cheers !

Thanks, you are welcome. I'll think we'll give it a try, just installed the game again.

Anybody knows an answer to my other two questions? Is this already changed and I simply overlooked it or will it be changed in the near future?
23 Dec 2017, 00:58 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

1) Infiltration units: Great changes here, cooldown for abilities does mean that Partisans and alike don't jump out of every house anhilating your artillery vehicles with AT-grenade followed by Shrek. But as it seems OKW Falls are not on that list of infiltration units. Does that mean that a Faust followed by some small arms fire of the Falls still destroys the badly armoured Katiushas? Please change this too, otherwise soviets will loose part of their partisan AT-power (was overdue) but their Katiushas still got destroyed as usual (this is overdue).

Falls got changed to a paradrop unit. They no longer infiltrate from buildings, but work like USF Paratroopers.
23 Dec 2017, 01:59 AM

Falls got changed to a paradrop unit. They no longer infiltrate from buildings, but work like USF Paratroopers.

Oh yeah, thanks. I overlooked that, too long patch notes. Yes, now it makes sense :)
23 Dec 2017, 14:17 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

2) Targeting of base sector: This doesn't seem to got a change. As we left it was still possible to target base sector with some offmap abilities. Lolbomb was only one example for this. Does this got changed? If not please do it for all offmap artillery/plane abilities.

3) Binding tank call-ins to tier: We always thought either adapt fuel income across all maps and gamemodes or bind all call-ins to tech. this way the don't come too early in 1vs1 and not too late in all other gamemodes. Looking at the list of units that got adresses I do think that still not all units got adressed. The Sherman Dozer springs to my mind for example, which is curious because the M10 in the same commander got adressed. I would say do this for all tanks off all factions with the exception of the super heavies (I do think that it is a good thing that they do come later in big game modes)

I do believe all off maps now are now unable to target base sector. There have might been a couple oversights.

All mediums are now tailored to tech since they benefit the most from the call in meta. Initials and lights are not since their command points are appropriate. Heavy's are not but they usually are tailored to in game performance from all players before they are called in.

24 Dec 2017, 02:15 AM

I do believe all off maps now are now unable to target base sector. There have might been a couple oversights.

All mediums are now tailored to tech since they benefit the most from the call in meta. Initials and lights are not since their command points are appropriate. Heavy's are not but they usually are tailored to in game performance from all players before they are called in.

Thanks, nontargetable base sectors are really a good thing and give FRP that additional risk vs reward. Good change.

About call-ins. Okay, so Sherman dozer is a heavy one? His stats say otherwise XD
24 Dec 2017, 03:01 AM

Thanks, nontargetable base sectors are really a good thing and give FRP that additional risk vs reward. Good change.

About call-ins. Okay, so Sherman dozer is a heavy one? His stats say otherwise XD

Regardless have fun trying to abuse call in cheese with dozers lmao. I'm not sure of the reasoning behind not locking it to tech but no one who wants to win would stall till 11 cost without major and (the formerly) abusable m10s to get sherman bulldozers.
24 Dec 2017, 04:55 AM

OKW`s flaks look weird when they not performing their basic role. So maybe let them upgrade for some price to normal condition? Btw why USF and UKF have additional two bunkers each?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★