Login

russian armor

Did the patch change the lethality of retreating squads?

21 Dec 2017, 10:10 AM

Hey guys,

yesterday I had a test game with the new patch, playing as OKW and I am pretty sure that my troops died in more cases than they should have.
Of course I did not play the best I could have, I in fact played a steaming turd of crap, because I wanted to try out the new Feuersturm, but still I got the feeling that my retreating squads were melting like butter somehow.

I retreated some Volks squads (not at once but over the game) with at least 2 to 3 guys left that were running throught two penal crews (overall probably 10 men). And at two or three times the whole squad was eliminated.

Is this just imagination, did Penals become better somehow or did Volks receive a lethality buff? I'm just wondering because I lost a lot of squads consistently this match when retreating them at the 'usual' time I would have retreated them in the last patch as well.
21 Dec 2017, 10:21 AM

I cannot comment post patch as i have not played vs penals, however pre patch I would often loose pgrens( full health too ) if they retreated past penals. It happen so often that I really though there was some modifier involved for pgrens, but I suspect it was one of those weird coincidences.

They were meant to be changed in the patch so that they were less effective at chasing squads. Only a mod can answer that for you correctly.
21 Dec 2017, 10:27 AM

To be fair I'm the complete opposite I always find retreating units don't take enough damage. I guess its how you are tilting at the time :)
21 Dec 2017, 10:29 AM

as we all know, 1 game is perfectly enough for profound statistical examinations
21 Dec 2017, 10:57 AM

as we all know, 1 game is perfectly enough for profound statistical examinations

Sarcasm level at 9000+ :romeoPls:
21 Dec 2017, 11:01 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Dec 2017, 10:57 AMSwift

Sarcasm level at 9000+ :romeoPls:

TBH some people just don't have the time for more and I don't see why posting a question here is forbidden. So if I can play 4-5 games per week max, I should wait 2 weeks before I am allowed to ask something?

I'm no expert in stats but some people here are and there are way dumber and more biased topics on this board, so what?
21 Dec 2017, 11:31 AM

I haven't noticed any changes.
Yesterday I thought the incendiary round on the sniper was changed so it wasn't a guarantied wipe on retreat, but after testing it I concluded I must have missed the hotkey and only issued a normal attack
21 Dec 2017, 14:19 PM

I only know when Trigger FRP all infantry Reforce time +75%
21 Dec 2017, 14:31 PM

I have always felt this way about Ostheer infantry. Perhaps it was just me :snfPeter:
21 Dec 2017, 16:05 PM

Penals got nerfed, so chances are it was just really unfortunate RNG.
23 Dec 2017, 11:47 AM
Donator 11

Hey guys,

yesterday I had a test game with the new patch, playing as OKW and I am pretty sure that my troops died in more cases than they should have.
Of course I did not play the best I could have, I in fact played a steaming turd of crap, because I wanted to try out the new Feuersturm, but still I got the feeling that my retreating squads were melting like butter somehow.

I retreated some Volks squads (not at once but over the game) with at least 2 to 3 guys left that were running throught two penal crews (overall probably 10 men). And at two or three times the whole squad was eliminated.

Is this just imagination, did Penals become better somehow or did Volks receive a lethality buff? I'm just wondering because I lost a lot of squads consistently this match when retreating them at the 'usual' time I would have retreated them in the last patch as well.

The same happened to me, only with cons
23 Dec 2017, 22:27 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

The only squad that should be significantly different is conscripts, that might actually hit retreating units now.
24 Dec 2017, 03:09 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Dec 2017, 22:27 PMTobis
The only squad that should be significantly different is conscripts, that might actually hit retreating units now.

*units in general
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS