Login

russian armor

super clown car

11 Aug 2013, 10:41 AM

put guards and pios in the M5 and you have a super clown car destroyed a bunker,a halftrack and pushed the whole army of my opponent of the map.I think almost every soviet player underestimates the M5.

How do you use the m5 ? Is it worth to buy the upgrade ?(tried it once and it did not really kill or supress inf)
11 Aug 2013, 13:16 PM

Permanently Banned
as i know the AC wont kill alone the m5 so useless to put guards in and guards wont kill tanks in m5.
12 Aug 2013, 09:57 AM

put guards and pios in the M5 and you have a super clown car

*engi
12 Aug 2013, 10:39 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Aug 2013, 13:16 PMakosi
as i know the AC wont kill alone the m5 so useless to put guards in and guards wont kill tanks in m5.

but they can kill half tracks
12 Aug 2013, 10:44 AM

The upgunned SC will kill an M5. Maaaaybe not if it has the Quad upgrade although I still feel it will.

The M5 isn't supposed to be used as an impact unit like the T-34 and T-70 from the same tier. It's not supposed to come out and rout the enemy army.

What it is supposed to do is be extremely useful constantly throughout the game. It can reinforce troops and AT guns all over the battlefield, shut down enemy infantry attacks by kiting and suppressing the infantry, shoot down aircraft call ins from your opponent, and it only costs 30 fuel.

It's a great unit but not a game winner by itself.
7 Feb 2014, 15:47 PM

I tried using m5 as a clowncar but my units seem to do worse than in the m3. I thought that putting two of my conscripts with ppsh would just run over my opponenents infantry. Any reasons why this isnt working so good - Does the m5 have to stand still for my inf to shoot? Does both units shoot? Is it bugged? Why isnt this a viable strat?

7 Feb 2014, 16:20 PM

Permanently Banned
mabye they get reduced accuracy.
8 Feb 2014, 06:23 AM

Putting two squads of infantry into M5 would be powerful if it came out earlier, I feel . As it stand now M5 plays strictly a support role - Unlike German flamer halftrack.

Has anyone have any replays where clown M5 was used to good extent? I usually just go ahead and upgrade it without second thought.
8 Feb 2014, 10:33 AM
Honorary Member Badge

What is a Super Clown Car going to do that a T34/76 is not going to do cheaper?

Well one thing, it will die a lot easier

I don't get why anyone thinks this is or should be a good idea, please enlighten me

Engineers 240 mp

Guards 360 mp

M5 120 mp / 30 fuel

Total:

720 mp / 30 fuel

If you have that much manpower, maybe build a fuel cache or two and then get a T34

8 Feb 2014, 18:25 PM

What is a Super Clown Car going to do that a T34/76 is not going to do cheaper?

Well one thing, it will die a lot easier

I don't get why anyone thinks this is or should be a good idea, please enlighten me

Engineers 240 mp

Guards 360 mp

M5 120 mp / 30 fuel

Total:

720 mp / 30 fuel

If you have that much manpower, maybe build a fuel cache or two and then get a T34

Well that argument is a little bit lopsided, you do not pay that for super clown car. It's not like the half track consumes the units that are inside it :D

It gives the units more mobility and defense, when M5 takes allot of damege, pop the units out and drive away the M5. Assuming you did not get engine damage and Germans do not have P4 or something to chase and kill it.

Also, as a side note - upgunned scout car can kill upgraded M5 with no problem.
8 Feb 2014, 20:24 PM

imo its better to buy quad upgrade and use your engineers and guards somewhere else.

its fun to put 2 snipers inside =)
8 Feb 2014, 22:32 PM

Permanently Banned
imo its better to buy quad upgrade and use your engineers and guards somewhere else.

its fun to put 2 snipers inside =)

i sometimes do this in 2v2 with windustry, 3 sniper start then t3 m5 then 4th sniper m5, t83..
9 Feb 2014, 08:36 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Hmm doesnt M5 have only 6-8 slots to fire from? Same thing with M3 with only 4.
9 Feb 2014, 11:27 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Well that argument is a little bit lopsided, you do not pay that for super clown car. It's not like the half track consumes the units that are inside it

Well, that's what this tactic costs to employ. Yes you can move units in and out, but without units in it it is a vanilla M5.

It seems a lot to tie up on something that costs more than a T34, will do less damage and is a lot more vulnerable.

That's using up a big chunk of your pop cap as well.

By the time you get this on the field there are gonna be a lot of things out there that can kill it quickly

PAKs, Schrecks, Armour...
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 56
Russian Federation 33

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak