Login

russian armor

Ask the Strategist!

PAGES (38)down
21 Oct 2013, 21:24 PM

If all ressources on a balanced map were equally divided between the two factions, who would have a comparative advantage in early, mid and late game?

This isn't really an issue in CoH2. In vCoH the american and wehrmacht were specifically designed to give one a small edge in early game, and one in late game. In CoH2 both factions earn their veterancy in the same way and they also both have multiple super tanks to their disposal. So in CoH2 it comes just down to whoever has the best unit preservation.

Am I missing out on not using the tactical map?
I find at the beginning yo can just give orders on the small minimap and later in the game it seems so cluttered.

It's a personal preference. I assume you saw players (including me) using it on their stream. For me it's just a vCoH habit that is still useful in CoH2, others might just have picked it up and prefer it over using their mouse.

@Computerheat/Wooof/Milka: I always like to use a sniper vs this, especially since Shocks are 45mp per entity to reinforce, so you can get a nice manpower drain going this way. But I'd advice above all to try and make a good combination of t1 and t2 units (a flamer HT is often a good addition) and maybe call in a mortar halftrack. Schreks and a pak can keep the enemy's tanks at bay, while your combined arms should be about equally matched with his infantry force.
21 Oct 2013, 22:07 PM

I'm trying to get the achievement for guards that need to kill 15 ostwind with guards. Question: Can m5 with 2 guards inside the m5 stand against the ostwind, for example if you go t1 and t3 but have no fuel for t34 yet, only for at nades and m5. Can it survive some shots from ostwind, maybe with 5% armor bulletin? I've flanked and destroyed a stug with this weird thing pretty quickly, I think guards aim quicker while inside of the truck, maybe if ostwind's engine is damaged I can destroy it with 2 guards inside the ht or at least damage it heavily, and then jump out of the ht and then finish it because otherwise it just devastates guards
21 Oct 2013, 23:27 PM

I'm trying to get the achievement for guards that need to kill 15 ostwind with guards. Question: Can m5 with 2 guards inside the m5 stand against the ostwind, for example if you go t1 and t3 but have no fuel for t34 yet, only for at nades and m5. Can it survive some shots from ostwind, maybe with 5% armor bulletin? I've flanked and destroyed a stug with this weird thing pretty quickly, I think guards aim quicker while inside of the truck, maybe if ostwind's engine is damaged I can destroy it with 2 guards inside the ht or at least damage it heavily, and then jump out of the ht and then finish it because otherwise it just devastates guards

the armor bulletin will have no effect on the m5. tanks weapon penetration is so high, 5% will never make a difference. 2 guards would probably be able to kill an ostwind. the ptrs has an 81% chance to penetrate the front of an ostwind, which is already really good, but this chance goes up to 100% if you can get behind it.

your m5 will only survive about 15 seconds. you should be able to kill an ostwind with 2 guards in roughly 20 seconds. if you use button, it should definitely die.
22 Oct 2013, 08:12 AM

This isn't really an issue in CoH2. In vCoH the american and wehrmacht were specifically designed to give one a small edge in early game, and one in late game. In CoH2 both factions earn their veterancy in the same way and they also both have multiple super tanks to their disposal. So in CoH2 it comes just down to whoever has the best unit preservation.

Really?

But the teching and Building costs are so different for germans and soviets, that I'd assume one or the other has the advantage in some stages of the game.

German teching and Building is quite cheap in fuel for example, so I had the impression that this was designed to give germans an early advantage in tech.
22 Oct 2013, 09:09 AM

Hi,

3 Questions (Q2 has smaller parts):

1. Does the sniper (german) have longer re-camo time if it shoots consecutively? I remember in vCOH, each successive shot caused recamo time to be longer.

2. How long do detected mines by minesweeper remain visible? Are detected mines trigger-able? What is the trigger radius of mines (eg soviet mine), I wish to know how easy it is for infantry to cross a soviet mine and set it off?

3. What's the radius of the infantry awareness ability?
23 Oct 2013, 16:13 PM

Does friendly AI (god forbid) always start with the same build order or is this dependent on map/difficulty settings? To my frustration the Soviet AI seems to always start out with building instead of capping..
23 Oct 2013, 16:19 PM

Hi strategists!
i was wondering if the "Sniper Hunter" Bulletin for sdKzf 222 (armour 5% increase) what does it affect? do the infantry take more time to kill it? or its just useless?
23 Oct 2013, 16:43 PM
Donator 33

Hi strategists!
i was wondering if the "Sniper Hunter" Bulletin for sdKzf 222 (armour 5% increase) what does it affect? do the infantry take more time to kill it? or its just useless?

The 222 has 11 front and 5.5 rear armor. This means infantry small arms fire with a penetration value of 1 (rifles, machine guns) will deal damage about 1/11 of the time from the front and 1/5.5 from the rear. With a 5% increase it becomes 1/11.55 and 1/5.775. Because all tank guns, at mines and infantry anti-tank weapons have penetration values well over 11.55, the bulletin is only effective against infantry small arms fire.
23 Oct 2013, 19:46 PM

Hi,

3 Questions (Q2 has smaller parts):

1. Does the sniper (german) have longer re-camo time if it shoots consecutively? I remember in vCOH, each successive shot caused recamo time to be longer.

2. How long do detected mines by minesweeper remain visible? Are detected mines trigger-able? What is the trigger radius of mines (eg soviet mine), I wish to know how easy it is for infantry to cross a soviet mine and set it off?

3. What's the radius of the infantry awareness ability?

1. i tested this and i dont think they do. firing multiple shots in a row, sometimes the sniper re-cloaks between shots, sometimes he doesnt. however, many weapons have some variation in how fast they can shoot. so if the successive shot is quick, he wont re-cloak in time, if its slow, he seems to be able to re-cloak no matter what. i even tested this with a vet 3 sniper with increased rate of fire. he has still able to re-cloak between shots after shooting 10+ times.

EDIT: verified by devs. they do not cloak slower.

2. detected mines seem to stay visible for roughly 10 seconds after they are out of detection range. as long as they are visible, they wont trigger (they can still be set off by shooting them), once they become invisible again, they can be triggered again. the trigger radius is very small, you have to pretty much touch the mine.

3. i cant find the stat for this, but from in game, it seems to be slightly larger than the scout cars sight radius. scout car can see 50m, so im guessing 60m.

Does friendly AI (god forbid) always start with the same build order or is this dependent on map/difficulty settings? To my frustration the Soviet AI seems to always start out with building instead of capping..

i dont think its always the same build order, but the AI does have some patterns. for example, i find the AI frequently builds penals, especially at the start of the game. t2 seems to be less common. also, the AI builds lots of scout cars and halftracks, even late in the game.
24 Oct 2013, 07:28 AM

Hi

Is there a damage modifier for flamethrowers against units in buildings?

Does it make a difference damagewise, from where the flamer is "shooting" into the building?
24 Oct 2013, 17:37 PM

Hi

Is there a damage modifier for flamethrowers against units in buildings?

Does it make a difference damagewise, from where the flamer is "shooting" into the building?

Code
| | | tp_garrison_cover: {
| | | | accuracy_multiplier: 1f;
| | | | damage_multiplier: 1f;
| | | | penetration_multiplier: 1f;
| | | | suppression_multiplier: 0f;

flamethrowers do not recieve any damage bonus or penalty against garrisoned units currently. im not sure if where the flamer is shooting matters. i assume it will have an effect, just like grenades, but unlike grenades, units automatically target entities inside the building. if two entities are standing close to each other, it should hit both of them.

you could test this on city 17. try attacking the tiny building by the right fuel point and compare that to one of the larger buildings. the squad in the smaller building should die much faster.
25 Oct 2013, 14:04 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

If I upgrade my grens with both LMG and g43, which weapon takes priority when they have only 1 or 2 men left.
If the G43 takes priority does this mean the LMG can drop when the 3rd dies already?
25 Oct 2013, 19:30 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

LMG is prioritized, it's still up to the RNG to decide your destiny.
30 Oct 2013, 19:46 PM

Do the armor-piercing rounds from German MGs more damage against infantry and infantry in buildings?
31 Oct 2013, 10:23 AM

What level of damage does exploding barrels of fuel actually do? It seems to be more than just an animation.
31 Oct 2013, 10:30 AM

Do the armor-piercing rounds from German MGs more damage against infantry and infantry in buildings?

Hey OrvilleTheCat,

The armour piercing rounds from a German MG's does do more damage against infantry on the field. If you see infantry coming your way from a distance, use the ability keeping in mind it takes a few seconds to fully activate with the reload animation. For buildings yes, it does increase the amount of damage to units inside and can effectively clear them out aswell.

What level of damage does exploding barrels of oil actually do? It seems to be more than just an animation.

Hey SgtBulldog,

The exploding barrels of oil do nothing I am pretty sure. It is a pure animation effect and there is no flame damage associated with the after burn effects.
31 Oct 2013, 14:32 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

Dear strategists,

Do you have any insight into how the German medkits work? How much health do they restore? If, for example, a Grenadier squad is down to three men, does each remaining man get more health restored than he would if the squad were a full four?
Also, do squads that are using the medkit ability stop fighting or take extra damage while bandaging their comrades? What about the squad being healed?
If you activate the medkits and then move the squads away from each other, does that cancel the ability/end it prematurely?

Got any other medkit tips? (I like medkits)

xoxoxoxoxoxo
computerheat
31 Oct 2013, 21:42 PM

Hello strategists,

My question is on Trip Wire ability. What if the flare goes off within the radius of my 120mm mortar, will the crew begin auto fire at the enemies revealed?
1 Nov 2013, 10:35 AM

Does the size of a building matter to how fast units enter, exit or reface in it?

It seems to me that MGs take a lot longer to do those actions in a small Building than a large.

However, it could be for the reason that smaller Buildings usually have fewer doors and Windows?
2 Nov 2013, 22:31 PM

Dear strategists,

Do you have any insight into how the German medkits work? How much health do they restore? If, for example, a Grenadier squad is down to three men, does each remaining man get more health restored than he would if the squad were a full four?
Also, do squads that are using the medkit ability stop fighting or take extra damage while bandaging their comrades? What about the squad being healed?
If you activate the medkits and then move the squads away from each other, does that cancel the ability/end it prematurely?

Got any other medkit tips? (I like medkits)

xoxoxoxoxoxo
computerheat

med kits restore 4hp/s for 10s per entity. this healing can only bring an entity to its max hp, so, for example, a 2 man squad can never be healed to have more than 160 hp. 1 entity that is using the medkit will stop fighting to use the ability, but the rest of the squad will fight like normal(just like a rifle nade or faust). the squad being healed will fight normally. once the ability activates and you see the healing icon, this ability wont be interrupted by moving.

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Oct 2013, 21:42 PMtokarev
Hello strategists,

My question is on Trip Wire ability. What if the flare goes off within the radius of my 120mm mortar, will the crew begin auto fire at the enemies revealed?

yes. as long as they dont have other higher priority targets, the 120mm will shoot at anything that is in vision, this includes those revealed by tripwires. they will only get 1 or 2 shots off before the ability ends though.

Does the size of a building matter to how fast units enter, exit or reface in it?

It seems to me that MGs take a lot longer to do those actions in a small Building than a large.

However, it could be for the reason that smaller Buildings usually have fewer doors and Windows?

i dont think it has any effect at all.
PAGES (38)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 25
Germany 1
Germany 635

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L