Login

russian armor

Ask the Strategist!

PAGES (38)down
4 Nov 2013, 09:58 AM

What are the priorities of the unit routing? Time or distance? Or an algamate of those?

I sometimes find it hard to predicte the retreat routes and in the many cases where there is no time to try out manual moves, it would be nice to have a better understanding of what routes are being prioritised.
4 Nov 2013, 10:22 AM
Benefactor 115

What are the priorities of the unit routing? Time or distance? Or an algamate of those?

I think it's time since they avoid cutting through deep snow
4 Nov 2013, 10:24 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Nov 2013, 10:22 AMtuvok

I think it's time since they avoid cutting through deep snow

Yes, it's time only
5 Nov 2013, 09:16 AM

Tool-tip on loading screen says you can use demolitions to clear Deep snow.

I never tried it because that sounds like an awfully expensive solution.

But when would you recommend clearing deep snow and by which Means?
5 Nov 2013, 09:27 AM

Tool-tip on loading screen says you can use demolitions to clear Deep snow.

I never tried it because that sounds like an awfully expensive solution.

But when would you recommend clearing deep snow and by which Means?

Hey SgtBulldog,

Yes, this is bit of an unknown fact but any area of effect explosion weaponary will remove heavy snow. This includes mortars, mines and arty. It takes a lot of arty though to make it into a truly smooth normal speed movement path.

I do not really set out to destroy the heavy snow with my artillery to increase my movement speed but I will always keep it in mind whether routes are now faster to take due to the lack of heavy snow. Katuysha and panzerrwefers are the best unit for achieveing this I find. Using your arty to kill key support units or provide smoke cover is always a better option than purposely removing the heavy snow.

6 Nov 2013, 14:22 PM

Sorry for spamming questions here, but to me there are many things to be uncovered.

How exactly is ice and snow formed/reformed? Ice is rebuild over time AFAIK in as well a blizzard as without it.

But does ice not reform quicker during blizzard? And how much quicker?

Likewise, does snow not rebuild during blizzards? How fast? And where does it rebuild? Same positions as default? Or would any kind of player actions (destroyed Building for example) influence on where snow rebuilds?
13 Nov 2013, 07:42 AM

HOW DO I INTO SOVIET PARTISANS TACTICS.

BUILDORDERS. TIPS. ETC.

please help me out with this commander, it seems usless ATM.

i don't want it to be a waste of 4 australian dollarydoos
13 Nov 2013, 17:32 PM

Can Guards damage heavy tanks? And how good are they against medium tanks? Like time/ damage required to kill P4 or Ostwind?
23 Nov 2013, 00:25 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

Does mark target stack? I just played a game where me and my partner both used mark target and my vet3 su85 just minced the tiger ace
23 Nov 2013, 11:17 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

Dear strategists,
I have a couple of questions about the new Luftwaffe commander.
1) Can you give an explanation of how the airdropped medkits work? Do they only heal the unit that picks them up or do they heal any units that get the resulting defensive buff? Also, what is the defensive buff?
2) What bonuses do the supply drops give? I just saw on the tooltip that it gives either 150 munitions or 50 fuel.

xoxoxoxoxoxo
computerheat
23 Nov 2013, 13:31 PM

Nobody answers here anymore....
24 Nov 2013, 21:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Nov 2013, 13:31 PMtokarev
Nobody answers here anymore....

sorry, ive been busy, ill try to check here more.

Dear strategists,
I have a couple of questions about the new Luftwaffe commander.
1) Can you give an explanation of how the airdropped medkits work? Do they only heal the unit that picks them up or do they heal any units that get the resulting defensive buff? Also, what is the defensive buff?
2) What bonuses do the supply drops give? I just saw on the tooltip that it gives either 150 munitions or 50 fuel.

xoxoxoxoxoxo
computerheat

it affects all friendly units in a 25m radius, though enemies can pick them up too if youre not careful (same with the supply drops). each med kit gives +17% accuracy, +17% armor and +27 hp. the total effect of all 4 is 51% accuracy, 51% armor and 81 hp (full hp).

like you said, its 150 munitions or 50 fuel. relic values munitions at 1.6 mp and fuel at 5 mp, so both are worth roughly 250 mp, for a net gain of 50 mp each time you use the ability. this is dropped in 5 crates of 30 muni or 10 fuel.

Does mark target stack? I just played a game where me and my partner both used mark target and my vet3 su85 just minced the tiger ace

im not really sure. i would have to test this. but this leads me to believe it could stack: "exclusive: false"

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Nov 2013, 17:32 PMtokarev
Can Guards damage heavy tanks? And how good are they against medium tanks? Like time/ damage required to kill P4 or Ostwind?

guards can damage heavy tanks, they just dont pen very frequently due to 85 penetration. i wrote up this sheet on PTRS a while back. i have these for almost all AT weapons. unfortunately, writing a formula for time to kill with PTRS is fairly complicated since it doesnt reload after each shot.

PTRS

all vehicles and AT guns

from that second link, you can click on the name most vehicles/AT guns to find more info on things like time to kill. sorry i havent added KV2 to them yet.
27 Nov 2013, 23:38 PM

Wooof, thank you so much for this valuable info!!! But according to this tab PM-41 and HM-36 mortars have same damage, and I thought 120mm mortar can inflict bigger damage due its caliber. I've never seen 82mm mortar wiping out the whole squad like HM-36 does.
Also, is it true that grens and panzergrenadiers have same hit points and armor? I thought panzergrenadiers are a lot harder to kill.

Thanks!!!
28 Nov 2013, 08:26 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Nov 2013, 23:38 PMtokarev
Wooof, thank you so much for this valuable info!!! But according to this tab PM-41 and HM-36 mortars have same damage, and I thought 120mm mortar can inflict bigger damage due its caliber. I've never seen 82mm mortar wiping out the whole squad like HM-36 does.
Also, is it true that grens and panzergrenadiers have same hit points and armor? I thought panzergrenadiers are a lot harder to kill.

Thanks!!!

both mortars have the same damage. what youre seeing is the different AOE.

weapons with AOE dont do the same damage across the entire diameter of the circle. there are 3 areas within the AOE circle. there is a near radius, a far radius, and an AOE radius. units inside the near radius take the full damage. units between the near and far radius take damage that scales linearly from full damage down to 25% damage. any unit at far radius out to AOE radius takes only 25% damage.

near radius is usually 1/4 of the AOE radius. far radius is typically 1/2 of the AOE. so the larger the AOE radius, the more units that will take the full 80 damage. thats why 120mm wipes squads more frequently. to complicate things more, theres also accuracy which is applied on that AOE circle as well. mortars can actually miss units depending on how far they are from the center of the AOE.

i may not have explained that very well, its a little hard to put into words. i could draw up a diagram if its still not clear. also, grens and pgrens have identical hp and armor.
30 Dec 2013, 13:54 PM

Well this is a really helpful thread, nice!

I have a question about buildings... whenever I put an MG squad inside a building, they seem to choose the wrong side of the building to set up the MG. It looks like I can't influence the direction they're facing.

To me it seems like the only option is to wait until enemy troops show up, and then the MG will automatically reposition inside the building, so they can fire through the right windows... but of course that takes way too much time.

So I normally just place them in cover outside of the building, because I have more control there. Am I doing something wrong here?

And in general, what units do you think benefit the most from taking cover inside a building?
30 Dec 2013, 14:57 PM

Well this is a really helpful thread, nice!

I have a question about buildings... whenever I put an MG squad inside a building, they seem to choose the wrong side of the building to set up the MG. It looks like I can't influence the direction they're facing.

To me it seems like the only option is to wait until enemy troops show up, and then the MG will automatically reposition inside the building, so they can fire through the right windows... but of course that takes way too much time.

So I normally just place them in cover outside of the building, because I have more control there. Am I doing something wrong here?

And in general, what units do you think benefit the most from taking cover inside a building?

Hey Nyctalus,

I do the same as you by placing my HMG outside of buildings so I know exactly where my fire lines will be. The only time I leave HMG in buildings for a significant portion of time is if it is near their cut-off or if I have no infantry support to scout for my HMG.

I feel the units which gain the greatest benefit for using buildings includes flamethrowers, guards and panzershreck equiped units. These units get a significant accuracy improvement and great vision maximize damage output. Constantly popping infantry squads in and out of buildings is a great way to build up your map awareness for where your opponents troops are located.
30 Dec 2013, 17:46 PM

Hey Stephenn, I am still not quite familiar with the current patch change vs few months ago.

1. Is it worth to "pay2win" up my AC / flamethrower HT? I don't see much difference between vet 0 and vet 3
2. Micro of assgren, treat them like MP40 Volks? Or run and spray like PG?
3. Is it really no way to detect your famous demo?
4. Recrew with Pio, or Grens? Does it matter? Excluding reinforcement cost.
5. Is it really true that after 10 mins of summoning Tiger Ace, resource come back online?
6. Is StuG III worth to build now? Last time while I play they were trash and free exp for the Reds.
31 Dec 2013, 01:47 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Dec 2013, 17:46 PMPorygon
Hey Stephenn, I am still not quite familiar with the current patch change vs few months ago.

1. Is it worth to "pay2win" up my AC / flamethrower HT? I don't see much difference between vet 0 and vet 3
2. Micro of assgren, treat them like MP40 Volks? Or run and spray like PG?
3. Is it really no way to detect your famous demo?
4. Recrew with Pio, or Grens? Does it matter? Excluding reinforcement cost.
5. Is it really true that after 10 mins of summoning Tiger Ace, resource come back online?
6. Is StuG III worth to build now? Last time while I play they were trash and free exp for the Reds.

Hey Porygon,

1. I don't know what you mean by "pay2win" units like AC/FHT, but if you mean upgun them then yes it is still worth it provided the situation calls for it.
Upgun AC when there are M3 scout cars present or you need a form of AA in the event you can not get T3 up in time.
Upgun FHT when there is Soviet infantry which will be relatively unprotected from such light AI.
As these units gain veteranancy, they get minor benefits to their combat roles but large scale benefits to the units in support of the AC/FHT. Balance wise I think it is now fair incomparison to the vet2/3 AC/FHT that used to become OP killing machines.

2. I use Assgrens similiar to MP40 volks, by supporting MG42/snipers in the event my opponent wishes to be aggressive against these units.

3. You can detect demos and then shoot them. Just get a sweeper and keep your distance to shoot them.

4. Recrewing with grens is better because the crew will hold the higher armour value in comparison to pioneers. Obviously there is that trade off with cost though.

5. Yes, resources begin again after 10 mins.

6. Stug is a great tank, especially on more open maps where your opponent goes T3. It is probably also the best non-doctrinal counter to IS-2 and KV8 which are now common tanks used due to their low CP count.
31 Dec 2013, 05:25 AM

For #1 I think he means use elite commander and vet3 them.
31 Dec 2013, 05:31 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Dec 2013, 05:25 AMMVwhine
For #1 I think he means use elite commander and vet3 them.

Exactly :)
PAGES (38)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 38
unknown 22
Poland 9
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W