Login

russian armor

Ask the Strategist!

PAGES (38)down
15 Jan 2014, 17:36 PM

Permanently Banned
you will never know the answer for this,probably

Question: Can you extinguish the Fire barrage with smoke barrage? vica versa (destroy the smoke with fire barrage)

second question: +10 % expirience for tanks, apply for troop training too?
15 Jan 2014, 18:21 PM

Hey strategists I have two questions
1) how do you take out 2-3 Shock troops ?
2) What do you think about Soviet Industry 2 engineer start, they build 4 fuel caches and you get your first t3 vehicle in 4-6 mins depending on the map ( for 3v3 or 4v4)?

Thanks!!
15 Jan 2014, 20:45 PM

What are the effects when a squad is freezing? It says they fire their weapons slower and move slower.

i dont know of any effects for freezing. i dont know what loading screen tip youre referring to, but it may just be poorly written. units in blizzards do have negative effects. units in blizzards are typically freezing, but theyll have these negative effects even when next to a fire.

all units have 50% sight radius in blizzards.

mortars/howitzers/panzerwerfers/katyushas all have double scatter and their barrage abilities all recharge 50% slower.

vehicles have 75% of their max speed and rotation speed.

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jan 2014, 17:36 PMakosi

Question: Can you extinguish the Fire barrage with smoke barrage? vica versa (destroy the smoke with fire barrage)

no....

second question: +10 % expirience for tanks, apply for troop training too?

yes

1) how do you take out 2-3 Shock troops ?
2) What do you think about Soviet Industry 2 engineer start, they build 4 fuel caches and you get your first t3 vehicle in 4-6 mins depending on the map ( for 3v3 or 4v4)?

1. youll typically need 1-2 mgs to support your grens. a sniper is also great against shocks if you can micro them. after that, a flame ht if you have the munitions or a 221 if you dont. bunkers are also useful against shocks since they are more reliable than mgs, just make sure you protect it from zis.

2. i think its a bad idea. with industry, 1 or 2 caches is typically all you need. more than that isnt very useful as youre limited by your mp income, not your fuel. also, unless its a really easy game, youll probably lose map control by not helping your teammates for the first 5 minutes. some people really like taking advantage of the vehicle build times, so they build t1 for a penal car. personally, i like going t2 with 2 mgs right away. i think they scale better into the mid-late game. if the germans try to blob you with grens/pgrens, just bait them into your mg with the tanks.
16 Jan 2014, 00:47 AM

Permanently Banned
thanks wooof, well it isno counter strike.. :D

another question, worth using mortal accuracy bulletins? i could play without any bulletin but if i would used these would it be like the mortal have aimbot?
17 Jan 2014, 12:38 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jan 2014, 20:45 PMwooof

i dont know of any effects for freezing. i dont know what loading screen tip youre referring to, but it may just be poorly written. units in blizzards do have negative effects. units in blizzards are typically freezing, but theyll have these negative effects even when next to a fire.

all units have 50% sight radius in blizzards.

mortars/howitzers/panzerwerfers/katyushas all have double scatter and their barrage abilities all recharge 50% slower.

vehicles have 75% of their max speed and rotation speed.

This is what I mean:

17 Jan 2014, 13:48 PM

Hi, Strategists,

I have some questions. I have seen tons of replays. Why I cannot find one replay containing troop transportation by half track for quick deployment which is usually happening in motorized or panzer divisions? One can quickly deploy mg and grenedier even mortar behind lines to yield concentric attack. Was there a fundamental reason countering this idea? Is soviets using m5 and m3 with flamethrowers for mobile harassment a real tactics adopted during WWII?
21 Jan 2014, 11:29 AM
Donator 22

Hi strategists

I have problems with the sniper+guards combination.
Massive sniper spam and guards -_- mortar, mortar-halftrack?

edit:

thx hansi!
21 Jan 2014, 11:52 AM
Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Hi strategists

I have problems with the sniper+guards combination.
Massive sniper spam and guards -_- mortar, mortar-halftrack?

To counter snipers I suggest getting a scout car and have it ready to rush in behind the snipers once the guards have been occupied. Generally the sniper+guard combo is hard to crack but if you manage to get behind him with units then you are very likely to force his hand. A mortar halftrack isn't a bad idea either but as a general rule you don't really want to commit to a commander so early into the game unless you have a good strategy behind it.
21 Jan 2014, 12:09 PM
Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jan 2014, 13:48 PMz871014
Hi, Strategists,

I have some questions. I have seen tons of replays. Why I cannot find one replay containing troop transportation by half track for quick deployment which is usually happening in motorized or panzer divisions? One can quickly deploy mg and grenedier even mortar behind lines to yield concentric attack. Was there a fundamental reason countering this idea? Is soviets using m5 and m3 with flamethrowers for mobile harassment a real tactics adopted during WWII?

Ostheer players rarely use troop transportation as the recent meta was to skip tier 2 and make panzer 4's. I for one believe the half-track is invaluable and build it almost every game. Although primary for reinforcement than anything else. The only time I would use it as a troop carrier is to bypass maxims or bring troops from my base back onto the field faster if my half-track was already at my base. Generally though players do not risk this because it is very easy to get a damage engine from conscripts with at nades if they rush blindly into enemy territory. The situation is made worst my the OOraah! ability that conscripts posses as they can quickly close to the distance between vehicles in order to lob the at grenades. Furthermore most Ostheer players upgrade their half-track with flamethrowers that cancels out the transporting ability altogether. I hope this helped =).
22 Jan 2014, 21:39 PM

Permanently Banned
the Tiger Ace bulletin works for the vet3 tiger? because tooltip says it will be a Tiger Ace

it would be a good tactic if your partner use troop training on your normal Tiger and makes it vet3 + you will have increased sigh too.
25 Jan 2014, 17:55 PM

nope. tiger ace only.
26 Jan 2014, 09:51 AM

Hi guys , short question I hope nobody asked before.

Is it possible to interrupt the ramming-ability of a t-34 by using the smoke from panzer tactician (because t34 then no longer can see his target) ?
26 Jan 2014, 10:34 AM

Hi guys , short question I hope nobody asked before.

Is it possible to interrupt the ramming-ability of a t-34 by using the smoke from panzer tactician (because t34 then no longer can see his target) ?

No unfortunately not. But reversing in time and using blitzkrieg for extra speed does!
27 Jan 2014, 00:21 AM

What are the best ways to use the T-70, and in what window? I often consider building one, but then lose my nerve and just wait for the extra 30 fuel for a T-34, which is of course more durable and more useful against tanks.

When should I be getting a T-70 up and what are the best ways to maximise its potential?

Thanks!
27 Jan 2014, 10:56 AM

perhaps i will say evident things :

Hard counter
Counter FHT
Counter SC not upgrade
Counter Assault grenader
Counter snipe (even if there are other possibility)
Counter MG (not in house)
Counter mortar
Counter PG not upgraded (still risky if upgrade apprears suddently)

Ligth counter
Counter grenader if you stay out of range
Counter SC upgraded (but shoot first !)
Counter bunker (but it is long to kill it !)

But not to be do if any tank on the field ou PG upgraded (owned you very fast)

Can also be do to give vision (for KV2 for example) or to cap behind lines
28 Jan 2014, 17:26 PM

Hi, if anyone could lend a wee bit of advice that would be greatly appreciated!

I'm fairly confident with my Osteer play on most maps, except for Semosky (sp?) spring and winter versions. I used to go Gren heavy on these maps and skip to T3 as 5 Conscript builds were quite prevalent and Grens could compete. With the current patch and meta, i.e. Shock troopers and early PPSH's on Cons, I must admit i'm struggling.

All the shot blocks and true sight makes holding 40% of the map a struggle and I find it difficult to ever truly push a good soviet off the map and get a solid pin+cut off move before T-34's hit the field.

For what it's worth, I have been using a 2 gren, 2 MG42's into PGrens and Flamertrack in the current patch.

Any tips would be handy!
28 Jan 2014, 18:52 PM
Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jan 2014, 17:26 PMBryan
Hi, if anyone could lend a wee bit of advice that would be greatly appreciated!

I'm fairly confident with my Osteer play on most maps, except for Semosky (sp?) spring and winter versions. I used to go Gren heavy on these maps and skip to T3 as 5 Conscript builds were quite prevalent and Grens could compete. With the current patch and meta, i.e. Shock troopers and early PPSH's on Cons, I must admit i'm struggling.

All the shot blocks and true sight makes holding 40% of the map a struggle and I find it difficult to ever truly push a good soviet off the map and get a solid pin+cut off move before T-34's hit the field.

For what it's worth, I have been using a 2 gren, 2 MG42's into PGrens and Flamertrack in the current patch.

Any tips would be handy!

I also find Semoskiy very hard to play as Ostheer and I just always veto it when I auto. I got to say I agree with your comments and maybe something needs to change to make it balanced. I would be interesting to see the opinions of other strategists on this map. One idea I have tried in the past is to just focus one side.

IMO I think it's the fact that troops can now vault and German infantry mines are unpractical in COH2 that makes this map unbalanced. Also wiring off places is just not practical either.
29 Jan 2014, 01:01 AM

Permanently Banned
Semoiskey is Ostheer map, just go with everything middle, like the noobs- rush the VP, who control the middle will win the game, cuz u have still options to go left or right or cutoff.

edit: ok ,not with everything cuz u will be attacked from behind, watch that side where the retreat path to base is. Once u are in middle, i would secore half map which is the fartest side of the enemy. or in summer version, rush with pioneer and wire something bridge,cover etc which will give u adventage.
29 Jan 2014, 06:37 AM
Donator 22

If they choose shocktroops then starting with grens and mg42s then a fast T2 with a couple of upgunned scout cars would probably be effective.

3 Feb 2014, 05:47 AM

Permanently Banned
Strategist!
Can you cheat CP-s for you,i mean is it worth? i playd in beta i wanted that TA come before, so I spammed basebuildings to get that call in unit earlier? I guess you can get 1/4 CP for t1-t2 and maybe half CP for t3-t4 or correct me if i am wrong. ( btw it is only for if the call in dont need fuel-like new TA )
PAGES (38)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS