Login

russian armor

Ask the Strategist!

PAGES (38)down
21 Sep 2015, 17:47 PM

This app allows you to create your own hotkeys by automatically creating an autohotkey script for you
http://www.coh2.org/topic/18454/celo--company-of-elo

If you dont know how to use autohotkey I can explain it further

For the tacmap, well it depends on what button you want it to be, I dont think CELO itself allows you to set the tacmap.

Here are some examples though,you can put these into the autohotkey script and itll change the tacmap to the button you want(unless you want it on the mouse,then thats more complicated)

ButtonYouWant:ButtonYoureReplacing(Tacmap Numpad0)

Tab:Numpad0
Shift:Numpad0
Space:Numpad0

Just kidding I just checked,CELO lets you set the tacmap too :snfPeter:

Thanks so much looking forward to giving that a go when I'm home no excuses for me now.

21 Sep 2015, 19:44 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Thanks so much looking forward to giving that a go when I'm home no excuses for me now.

Glad I could help kamerad
23 Sep 2015, 17:31 PM

Quick question on sub machine gun infantry optimization: in COH1 the Volks with mp40s had 50% penalty for firing on move. Therefore once you reached short range of target it was imperative you stop moving. However Assault PE PG squads while suffering from a small accuracy bonus to firing on the move they also received a burst multiplier to their fire rate such that their overall DPS was better if they kept moving even at short range.
My question is does that burst mechanism still exist and what are the effects of DPS for shock troops, PPSH cons, and assault gren's if you stand still while at short range vs continuing to move. If continuing to move provides little or no penalty than it would make sense to always try to rush past the unit so when they retreat they have to pass through you to get to the base and they are exposed to more lethal short range fire than if you had stopped moving once you reached short range.
23 Sep 2015, 19:41 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Quick question on sub machine gun infantry optimization: in COH1 the Volks with mp40s had 50% penalty for firing on move. Therefore once you reached short range of target it was imperative you stop moving. However Assault PE PG squads while suffering from a small accuracy bonus to firing on the move they also received a burst multiplier to their fire rate such that their overall DPS was better if they kept moving even at short range.
My question is does that burst mechanism still exist and what are the effects of DPS for shock troops, PPSH cons, and assault gren's if you stand still while at short range vs continuing to move. If continuing to move provides little or no penalty than it would make sense to always try to rush past the unit so when they retreat they have to pass through you to get to the base and they are exposed to more lethal short range fire than if you had stopped moving once you reached short range.

There are accuracy penalties(-25% which is the standard,or more which ill talk about more below) while moving for MOST smgs,which means you should stop moving for more DPS once you've closed distance.
This is true for all squads(Including the AssGrens you asked about) except the ones im about to mention

The ones that dont have penalties(Which means you should stay moving,they have 100% accuracy while moving) are

Royal engineer sten
Obersoldaten STGs

The ones that have close to no penalties(Which mens you should stay moving if possible)
SHocks PPSH and
Assault Guard PPSH,both have -20% accuracy while moving

Conscripts PPSH are -25% accuracy on move to answer your question

The ones that have HORRIBLE penalties:

Vehicle crew SMG have -70% accuracy while moving
Paras AND commandos have -35% accuracy with their SMG while moving
*Edit Pioneers have -40% accuracy hwile moving as well**

*** (but note that Paras have that ability that increases their accuracy in Tactical Movement,so you can offset this. Same with commandos and an Airlanding officer's Charge ability!*Except you cant fire on the move with the latter*)

23 Sep 2015, 20:03 PM

There are accuracy penalties(-25% or more) while moving for MOST smgs,which means you should stop moving for more DPS once you've closed distance.
This is true for all squads(Including the AssGrens you asked about) except the ones im about to mention

The ones that dont have penalties(Which means you should stay moving,they have 100% accurayc while moving) are

Royal engineer sten
Obersoldaten STGs

The ones that have close to no penalties(Which mens you should stay moving if possible)
SHocks PPSH and
Assault Guard PPSH,both have -20% accuracy while moving

Conscripts PPSH are -25% accuracy on move to answer your question

The ones that have HORRIBLE penalties:

Vehicle crew SMG have -70% accuracy while moving
Paras AND commandos have -35% accuracy with their SMG while moving
*Edit Pioneers have -40% accuracy hwile moving as well**

*** (but note that Paras have that ability that increases their accuracy in Tactical Movement,so you can offset this. Same with commandos and an Airlanding officer's Charge ability!*Except you cant fire on the move with the latter*)

Muy, muy helpful C'nC. :)
23 Sep 2015, 20:07 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Muy, muy helpful C'nC. :)

Glad i could be of assistance :thumb:
29 Sep 2015, 10:35 AM

hello, ive just got the game but i know coh 1 really well. ive had a lot of trouble in 2vs2 axis at with a friend. Allied infantry just rush in close to my infantry and destroy them. my paks miss a lot compared to coh 1 and also get wiped out my allied indirect fire which seems a lot stronger than axis indirect fire. i open with 3 volks into medic station then i make an infantry support gun and pak. i usually get swamped with this army and never can save up the fuel to compete with allied armour which comes in at around 30 minutes.

what im asking you is what would u normally do in a 2vs2 vs americans and brits as obk if the american inf spams? what would u try to achieve in ur build order?
29 Sep 2015, 11:29 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Sep 2015, 10:35 AMteroja
hello, ive just got the game but i know coh 1 really well. ive had a lot of trouble in 2vs2 axis at with a friend. Allied infantry just rush in close to my infantry and destroy them. my paks miss a lot compared to coh 1 and also get wiped out my allied indirect fire which seems a lot stronger than axis indirect fire. i open with 3 volks into medic station then i make an infantry support gun and pak. i usually get swamped with this army and never can save up the fuel to compete with allied armour which comes in at around 30 minutes.

what im asking you is what would u normally do in a 2vs2 vs americans and brits as obk if the american inf spams? what would u try to achieve in ur build order?

First of all, a replay(s) is higly demanded :)
It's hard to say anything special, except some general rules, why?
Becasue we don't have a replay.
Maybe you just walk with 3 Volks in the red cover to close the gap between you and Rifles behind green cover? See my point? That is why replay would help a lot.

As for the general tips, on some maps you can use Kubel to keep at bay infantry. You can also try with HMG34. Make use from Volks' sandbags, don't rush with Volks to Rifles - they will rip you apart - keep them at distance. Stay close with your teammate so you can help each-other if something, maybe 251/17 can help? It's hard to say what do you need because we don't know why do you lose. Micro, bad choices etc etc.

If you see mass blob of infantry, you definetly need a machine gun, while you can provide leigs to snipe and suppress at the same time. Don't be too greedy, try to hold them back etc etc.

But that's just general. We need a replay to take a better look why you have such big problems agasint allies :)

_____
I see you uploaded a replay yesterday, Is that the match you are talking about? I will take a look on it in a few hours.
29 Sep 2015, 11:55 AM

First of all, a replay(s) is higly demanded :)
It's hard to say anything special, except some general rules, why?
Becasue we don't have a replay.
Maybe you just walk with 3 Volks in the red cover to close the gap between you and Rifles behind green cover? See my point? That is why replay would help a lot.

As for the general tips, on some maps you can use Kubel to keep at bay infantry. You can also try with HMG34. Make use from Volks' sandbags, don't rush with Volks to Rifles - they will rip you apart - keep them at distance. Stay close with your teammate so you can help each-other if something, maybe 251/17 can help? It's hard to say what do you need because we don't know why do you lose. Micro, bad choices etc etc.

If you see mass blob of infantry, you definetly need a machine gun, while you can provide leigs to snipe and suppress at the same time. Don't be too greedy, try to hold them back etc etc.

But that's just general. We need a replay to take a better look why you have such big problems agasint allies :)

_____
I see you uploaded a replay yesterday, Is that the match you are talking about? I will take a look on it in a few hours.

i appologise for no replay. ill play a few games today and show u why i fail :)
29 Sep 2015, 13:20 PM

okay i have a replay here, typical of most of the games. early dominance then eventually 10 infantry charges down the middle under smoke and wrecks havok on all support equipment. trying to recover from that doesnt do too much and the game is stalemated until allied armour arrives. i dont have much fuel all game. what can i do better? is my medic truck placement very bad? what about jagdpanther as a unit choice? these damm allied infantry wreck me because of automatic weopons. my infantry doesnt stand a chance.
29 Sep 2015, 14:34 PM

How do you make sure a squad leave an house from the door(side) you want. I thought I was doing it right till soon, but in fact no. Something the doesn't want to leave the house from the side I want. (according there is a door of course)
29 Sep 2015, 15:11 PM

That's what I do... do you click before or after pushing "d" button (to leave the house)
30 Sep 2015, 09:31 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Sep 2015, 13:20 PMteroja
okay i have a replay here, typical of most of the games. early dominance then eventually 10 infantry charges down the middle under smoke and wrecks havok on all support equipment. trying to recover from that doesnt do too much and the game is stalemated until allied armour arrives. i dont have much fuel all game. what can i do better? is my medic truck placement very bad? what about jagdpanther as a unit choice? these damm allied infantry wreck me because of automatic weopons. my infantry doesnt stand a chance.

So, as for the general things, you fight very often out of cover. Just in first few minutes SP vs Rifles and 2 Volks vs 2 Rifles.

You were out of cover (neutral) while they were behind cover. Only Kubel saved you from losing first engagements.

Second thing, you did not act as a team.
There was a moment when your teammate attacked AA with 2 222 but your Raketen was sitting far behind in cloak. You should help him with your raketen.

I belive, your Schwerer was built to far away.
They did not have anything to kill it in fact and if you placed it in front of fuel point, you'd gain very huge advantage and maybe push them back.

You were floating tons of MP, yet no Forward Retreat Point, why?

Jadgpanzer and Panther - pure AT vehicles, while you were fighting agasint 1 AA and 1 Centaur while rest part of the army was infantry + Tank Destroyers. Firefly or Jackson won't kill your inf.
Centaur can but you could keep it away with at last 2 Raketens (again, you were floating like hell so could easily get 2-3 of them, cloak -> shoot -> retreat to med truck.

They were constantly blobbing and then full retreat.
Stuka zu fuss could rip them apart in 1 good volley.
Same for 251/17 if you have good micro.

Panzer 4 was not best choice I belive.
There was already Jackson and AT Gun. In the end Pz4 killed almost nothing. When you are in such defensive situation, spending fuel for teching and Pz4 is really risky. It can pay off or it can be nail in the coffin. Sometimes it's better to hold and get a Tiger for example.

Why Lufftwafe support?

So in the end:
Lack of good comunication between you and your teammate.
Lack of good micro (fighting out of cover very often)
Schwerer put too deep.
No AI vehicle.
No FRP upgrade.
Lack of good mid-close range infantry.
30 Sep 2015, 13:37 PM

So, as for the general things, you fight very often out of cover. Just in first few minutes SP vs Rifles and 2 Volks vs 2 Rifles.

You were out of cover (neutral) while they were behind cover. Only Kubel saved you from losing first engagements.

Second thing, you did not act as a team.
There was a moment when your teammate attacked AA with 2 222 but your Raketen was sitting far behind in cloak. You should help him with your raketen.

I belive, your Schwerer was built to far away.
They did not have anything to kill it in fact and if you placed it in front of fuel point, you'd gain very huge advantage and maybe push them back.

You were floating tons of MP, yet no Forward Retreat Point, why?

Jadgpanzer and Panther - pure AT vehicles, while you were fighting agasint 1 AA and 1 Centaur while rest part of the army was infantry + Tank Destroyers. Firefly or Jackson won't kill your inf.
Centaur can but you could keep it away with at last 2 Raketens (again, you were floating like hell so could easily get 2-3 of them, cloak -> shoot -> retreat to med truck.

They were constantly blobbing and then full retreat.
Stuka zu fuss could rip them apart in 1 good volley.
Same for 251/17 if you have good micro.

Panzer 4 was not best choice I belive.
There was already Jackson and AT Gun. In the end Pz4 killed almost nothing. When you are in such defensive situation, spending fuel for teching and Pz4 is really risky. It can pay off or it can be nail in the coffin. Sometimes it's better to hold and get a Tiger for example.

Why Lufftwafe support?

So in the end:
Lack of good comunication between you and your teammate.
Lack of good micro (fighting out of cover very often)
Schwerer put too deep.
No AI vehicle.
No FRP upgrade.
Lack of good mid-close range infantry.

thanks ill have a few games and try to think morea bout the units my opponant has on the field.
30 Sep 2015, 16:48 PM

I have a question. How can ostheer survive agains USA that go 3 rifles , liehtenaunt , m20 , medics , flamer engineer , captain , sutart and thne armor company vehicle meta (the m10 crush is used of course) sometimes he upgrades bars and sometimes he just spam mines and demos like no tomorow ?
How can i stop this USA train as ostheer.

I want more build orders and general tips , like map hoding , what houses to hold whitc maps to veto.

I have relatively good micro so i think problem is more in build orders.

Can you please help me (im talking from 1 vs 1 perspective)
30 Sep 2015, 17:57 PM
Patrion 14

I have a question. How can ostheer survive agains USA that go 3 rifles , lieutenant , m20 , medics , flamer engineer , captain , sutart and thne armor company vehicle meta (the m10 crush is used of course) sometimes he upgrades bars and sometimes he just spam mines and demos like no tomorow ?
How can i stop this USA train as ostheer.

I want more build orders and general tips , like map hoding , what houses to hold whitc maps to veto.

I have relatively good micro so i think problem is more in build orders.

Can you please help me (im talking from 1 vs 1 perspective)

Map Vetoes:

Ostheer favors a long ranged approach that allows them to make full usage of their support weapons and lmgs. This means that typically urban maps and overly "large" maps are to be vetoed. Personally, I find Ostheer has a hard time on maps like semoisky, la gleize, semoisky winter, road to kharkov, etc. Minsk pocket may also be something you want to veto simply because of how hard it is to spread out enough to capture the munitions points.

Build:

If you are expecting to be fighting a quick LT M20, the best counter you have is the 222. It has the same fuel cost as an M20, and costs less mp, sso is a very efficient counter to it. Furthermore, laying down an early teller mine on your retreat path is always a good idea. If an enemy is quick teching M20, they need to save up their munitions. The MG42 is also a very efficient soft counter, which becomes a hard counter with its vet 1 incendiary rounds.

Build Order:

mg, gren, gren, gren, tech, 222, pgren/ gren etc. With this start, you will have plenty of capping power early game, as well as a very good counter to riflemen in the mg42. If your opponent is rushing an M20, he won't have the fuel or the munitions for grenades. Your extra squad also allow you to outcap him whilst the grens can keep his M20 at bay while you wait for your 222.
30 Sep 2015, 19:17 PM

Map Vetoes:

Ostheer favors a long ranged approach that allows them to make full usage of their support weapons and lmgs. This means that typically urban maps and overly "large" maps are to be vetoed. Personally, I find Ostheer has a hard time on maps like semoisky, la gleize, semoisky winter, road to kharkov, etc. Minsk pocket may also be something you want to veto simply because of how hard it is to spread out enough to capture the munitions points.

Build:

If you are expecting to be fighting a quick LT M20, the best counter you have is the 222. It has the same fuel cost as an M20, and costs less mp, sso is a very efficient counter to it. Furthermore, laying down an early teller mine on your retreat path is always a good idea. If an enemy is quick teching M20, they need to save up their munitions. The MG42 is also a very efficient soft counter, which becomes a hard counter with its vet 1 incendiary rounds.

Build Order:

mg, gren, gren, gren, tech, 222, pgren/ gren etc. With this start, you will have plenty of capping power early game, as well as a very good counter to riflemen in the mg42. If your opponent is rushing an M20, he won't have the fuel or the munitions for grenades. Your extra squad also allow you to outcap him whilst the grens can keep his M20 at bay while you wait for your 222.

And can i also add there halftruck becuase of reinforcement ? I can easily win with it engangements (if i use g 43 grens 2 grouped with it) Also i dont think it set me back too much.

And can you also help me then agains the later stuar captain combo and later on m10 + dozer rampage + vet 3 rifles. Also dont forget mines so quick counterpushes with my tanks isnt all that great idead. Is good to go then for double pak wall and then for oswind/p4 and then for tiger ?

Or you have something better for me ?
PAGES (38)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight