Ask the Strategist!

PAGES (38)down
aaa
2 Nov 2015, 17:23 PM

its not working offline. Sure i test it a lot
aaa
4 Nov 2015, 09:36 AM

g43 or lmg?
What are pros and cons of them compared to each other?
Difference in Range? Damage?
thank you
4 Nov 2015, 15:08 PM

G 43 can fire on the move while lmg42 cannot.

Their DPS (of squad)
On vet 0

G43 squad near/mid/far

33/15/9
its not exact number , it is rounded one , but rounded only if values were close.

lmg42 squad
24/18/16

As you can see lmg is better at long range and it fire only stationary while g43 is more short range and mobile oriented

4 Nov 2015, 16:35 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

also note the G43 has one of the lowest moving accuracy penalties in the game (only -20%) while most rifle/smg squads are up into -50% or worse.
4 Nov 2015, 16:39 PM

Permanently Banned
How do I deal with riflemen spam and flamer riflemen hordes as OKW on a clustered map such as Kholodny Ferma Summer?

I am getting beaten on every clustered map with a lot of sight blockers by USF rifle hordes, but on open maps, I can defeat them with ease.

Need help!
4 Nov 2015, 18:52 PM

How do I deal with riflemen spam and flamer riflemen hordes as OKW on a clustered map such as Kholodny Ferma Summer?

I am getting beaten on every clustered map with a lot of sight blockers by USF rifle hordes, but on open maps, I can defeat them with ease.

Need help!

I recommend 3 volks into 3 panzerfussilies followed by quick raketenwerfer and then jp4 from medictruck.

If they have g43 they can defeat rifles on most ranges unitl you use cover and they dont get bars.

Also kholodny is not all that clustered , until you dont use mg agains flam blobino you should be safe , you can engange them almost always at least on ifnatry mid range (15-20 m).

Now after isgg nerf i found that only counter to USA hordes it to make your own microed blob (it means many units in same location but they usecover , you can dogge nades etc.). I think this is one of few (if now only) how can now okw play agains USA.

Once agains have big army in same location if you need but dont blob.

Also neer forget jp4 and mines. Mines are great , after you equip your fussiliers with g43s plance mines and forgot agout shrecks , jp4 and later double jp4 can do this job fairly well.
Also forgot about something better than medictruck , you can outnumber and outrange them with elite but cheap 6 man (3 g43s) panzerfussiliese squad.

It is also not tre that they are light nor long range squad (they are mid range after they get g43 that help them highly on move + 6 men makes them highly durable - most durable axis squad unitl hight vet apper.).

Hope this helps you.

Also use houses ut only agains nonflamed rifles or you will get cooked
aaa
4 Nov 2015, 20:33 PM

P4 armor upgrade. How do I get it?
4 Nov 2015, 21:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Nov 2015, 20:33 PMaaa
P4 armor upgrade. How do I get it?

It's the vet 2 bonus of the Ostheer P4. OKW gets it without any upgrade.
26 Nov 2015, 08:46 AM

Permanently Banned
How the hell can we counter churchill roll out ?
they start rolling ans stop only when they detroy my base.

Game is really alanced. bot only for those who pay money for OP britisihe
26 Nov 2015, 08:58 AM

How do you know when you are over extending?

I know it is a general question, but I cant seem to get the feel for when I pushed far too deep into enemy territory, then I usually get rolled back quickly.
26 Nov 2015, 09:06 AM

How do you know when you are over extending?

I know it is a general question, but I cant seem to get the feel for when I pushed far too deep into enemy territory, then I usually get rolled back quickly.

You need some common sence. It also depends on game mode.

But in 1vs1 there apply some think when you should know its bad with you.

1. you know amoung of tanks that can pursue you will destroy your tank before you get it behind ATgun wall.
2. you dont have anything nearby to suport it (no some engine damaging source eg gren nearby, or mines no mines in your retreat path)
3. tank is too far from other forces (eg more than 30 meters)
4.tank have less than 33% of life.
5. depends on enemy AT tank based options - if he have only 2 paks you can overextend more with your sherman than when they have even p4 that can pursue him.

6. game sence- you need to learn it from playing playing and playing.

Some tips : try to keep tank with sweeper so you dont hit mine
try to support you tank with other units so even if you push too much you can still have him
ue out of jail card eg. smoke , blitz, stun turret round ...

Hope you was referring to this
26 Nov 2015, 09:14 AM

You need some common sence. It also depends on game mode.

But in 1vs1 there apply some think when you should know its bad with you.

1. you know amoung of tanks that can pursue you will destroy your tank before you get it behind ATgun wall.
2. you dont have anything nearby to suport it (no some engine damaging source eg gren nearby, or mines no mines in your retreat path)
3. tank is too far from other forces (eg more than 30 meters)
4.tank have less than 33% of life.
5. depends on enemy AT tank based options - if he have only 2 paks you can overextend more with your sherman than when they have even p4 that can pursue him.

6. game sence- you need to learn it from playing playing and playing.

Some tips : try to keep tank with sweeper so you dont hit mine
try to support you tank with other units so even if you push too much you can still have him
ue out of jail card eg. smoke , blitz, stun turret round ...

Hope you was referring to this

Pretty much this.

What about over extending with Infantry? I seem to overextend early game and bleed too much manpower (I use sturmpio mainly for early game, 2 sturm, kubel and some volks). This is for OKW, btw. Since volks seems to be unable to hold back anything unless outnumbering it 3 to 1...

26 Nov 2015, 09:18 AM
Donator 11

I got the Mechanized Assault Doctrine with war spoils. I used the StuG3e, which was even worse than I thought. It can't do much damage on whatever vehicles the allies come with. How should it be used to get the maximum potential of it?
aaa
26 Nov 2015, 09:30 AM

I recommend 3 volks into 3 panzerfussilies followed by quick raketenwerfer and then jp4 from medictruck.

If they have g43 they can defeat rifles on most ranges unitl you use cover and they dont get bars.

Also kholodny ...

1. same question when plaing OH. Maybe grens with g43 are OK vs rifles at medium to close range. No?

2. have problem vs brits
////////2.1 in late they destroy my tiger very quckly with atg anf firefly.
////////2.2 blow my units with demo. While cloaked comandos give them vision. And sure they kick away sweepers from possible demo location.

I got the Mechanized Assault Doctrine with war spoils. I used the StuG3e, which was even worse than I thought. It can't do much damage on whatever vehicles the allies come with. How should it be used to get the maximum potential of it?

stug e is AI and vs light vehicles a bit. OK unit.
26 Nov 2015, 09:53 AM

agains infantry on defence supported with at guns and other grens. It infantry support gun in the end
28 Nov 2015, 21:28 PM
Honorary Member Badge

It's an infantry killer, don't rely on it to fight any but the lightest vehicles

Might also want to point you at:

http://www.coh2.org/guides/29278/mechanised-assault-guide#1141
10 Dec 2015, 17:40 PM

How do I deal with the Maxim spam into Guards that recently got popular as OKW in 1v1. Properly executed i cant seem to get a good flank because how fast the maxims turn and when 2 or 3 are in one area. fast Luchs gets denied from the 2 Guards squads that come out at a similar time.
10 Dec 2015, 19:11 PM
Donator 11

How do I deal with the Maxim spam into Guards that recently got popular as OKW in 1v1. Properly executed i cant seem to get a good flank because how fast the maxims turn and when 2 or 3 are in one area. fast Luchs gets denied from the 2 Guards squads that come out at a similar time.

My favorite: attacking the same Maxim from several angles at once. With the full ammo income it's even easier (grenades).
Or: get an ISG.
10 Dec 2015, 19:37 PM

Do you have an replay of a match where that happenend? Guards are very popular because they are only 6 pop atm.
10 Dec 2015, 20:29 PM

Right now maxim is strong becuase of unintended bug - units in buildings take close to zero damamge from flakweapons (luchs).

Maxim is a bit tricky to play agains. You need to maintain control of your buildings and always attack faxim from 2 angles (+ with strumpio from behind to shot him when he retreat - you can get maxim because retreat tend to stop if gunner die).

I actually think luchs is great counter to guards. You just cannot yolorush him into guard concentration. You need to kite them to get minimun shots possible (luchs range > guard range).

Also replay would help.

Best doctrines : luftwaffe - falshrims can wipe maxim from buiding if you call them in
also mg34 if great guardcontrol tool

feuersturm - you can get his maxims out of houses without wasting too much ammo

scavenger / spc. ops - infiltration greandes means dead maxim.
JLI is somthing like fallshrimjager , oswind can counter everything except tier4 tanks and zais guns (maxims , guards ,t70 su76 if you flank)

spc. ops have wipemaxim greandes for 15 munny and also ober with infrared STg tend to wipe retreating maxim squads

Hope this helped you.

Buid order i reccomend :

Volk , volk ,volk , pio , mechanized , luchs , medics (good position not too forvard but not in base too) , raketen ,puma, flaktier to cover fuel / cut off,obers with STG if needed , P4 , tiger 2. If he went t34/85 spam go jagtpanzer before kingtiger. This build order works fairly well agains these builds. You can add mg or falls or JLI if you have good doctrine else go some obers if you ploat munny.

Also ISG is good as somebody pointed out before me
PAGES (38)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight