Login

russian armor

USF [1v1] build orders

7 Dec 2017, 20:09 PM

So basically just what the title says what are people doing for there build orders against OST/OKW do people prefer Captain or LT or both. And what's the commander of choice for people in 1s atm.

thanks in advance!
7 Dec 2017, 20:33 PM

Hi, my recomendation is to go Lieutenant + M20 into Captain (+ Stuart).

You dont need to tech for major afterwards, Armor Company vehicles will do just as fine (M10s and Dozer). Hence, thats why it is the mate right now.

I think that this guide sums up current meta pretty much. Hopefully you will enjoy reading it ;)

Armor Company Guide
7 Dec 2017, 20:59 PM

Hi, my recomendationArmor Company Guide

Thanks for the help Hector and great guide!
7 Dec 2017, 21:12 PM

Thanks for the help Hector and great guide!

You're welcome ;)
7 Dec 2017, 21:45 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Agree with Hector. An alternative is pershing. My prefered build is 3x rifle -> LT -> M20/50cal -> M20/50cal whichever was not chosen. From there I go major and rush sherman for HE rounds or if I feel far enough ahead i'll start massing easy 8s.

I rely on the m20 for AT mines, as well as zooks on REs when threatened by enemy armor. Otherwise 2x BARs on all rifles and LT.
7 Dec 2017, 22:04 PM

Agree with Hector
alright sounds good thanks
7 Dec 2017, 23:13 PM
Senior Editor Badge

I typically go RE Rifle Rifle Rifle Officer.

After the third rifle, the officer depends on the game. If I'm equal with a slight advantage, I'll go LT AAHT Weaponracks. Against OKW I'll try and get three zooks to deter the Luchs or (rarely) if they went med truck I'll get maybe one or two to deal with a Kubel then get BARs. Then an ambulance. I'll usually go Captain for the ATG and then rely on a pershing or even armor company for AT.

With captain, It's usually Captain AT gun Stuart Weaponrack ambulance. I'll skip the ATG if there's a med truck or if the Luchs isn't coming for a while/I have high fuel (winning, basically).

With the new patch, getting a second RE may be ideal because of smoke grenades being moved and also their buffs. It may be easier to get captain and lieutenant because the captain will have smoke.

Basically, mid game, you want to have 4 frontline fighting squads, a weapon team, a light vehicle, and at least two sources of AT. The frontline squads are the rifleman + an officer but they can also be Rangers or paratroopers or a Pathfinder squad (from airborne). the weapon team is usually an ATG or the M2HB. You can have both. You may want to consider, depending on the map, getting indirect fire, either the mortar, the mortar HT from Infantry Company, or the pack howitzer.

With the DBP, every USF commander may be viable with an appropriate build order. the M8 Greyhound could replace the need for a Stuart, allowing you to go for a LT ---> Major build or the new air-dropped combat group could allow you to skip Captain with the AT gun and the paratroopers with the lower-cost bazooka upgrade. This could allow a Rear Echelon squad to have BARs and use the volley fire ability!

I hope this is helpful and not just a mess of words :p
8 Dec 2017, 07:34 AM

I hope this is helpful and not just a mess of words :p

great stuff thanks brother!
11 Dec 2017, 13:38 PM

You have already gotten great advice here, but I think it is also important to note that the optimal strategy for USF, or any faction for that matter, is also very dependant on your personal ranking with that particular faction and as such also the general level of opponents you are meeting.

If you are lvl 10 or below and don't have plans to go for armor company, I would argue that the Captain is generally the better choice vs. OKW while the LT. might be better against Ostheer.

The reason for this is mainly centered around the current OKW meta of a quick luchs. The LT option will give you much more Anti-infantry power and give you the tools to efficiently counter most of OSTheer t1 and t2 units without much issue. On the other hand this approach might make you struggle if you are facing a luchs and lack the micro to efficiently counter it with the 50 cal and AA-halftrack. Therefore the captain into the stuart and even potential AT-gun is to be prefered in this scenario, as the stuart is also more likely to survive an ambush from a raketen.

Mind you that this advice is mainly usefull for opponents below level 10 (which is my specialty to advice on). If you are ranked higher than this, then it is an entirely other debate.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 10

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight