27%
Total votes: 56
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
5 Dec 2017, 02:06 AM

Which one would you like to see? I actually prefer new commanders and maps
5 Dec 2017, 02:50 AM

I want CoH3 to have strong bones.

The kind of bones you can build a franchise on. :romeoPls:

I would only want commanders and maps if it advances this goal, not competes with it.
5 Dec 2017, 08:35 AM

New Commanders and Updates for CoH2 is useless, as the community is so small that it would not be feasible.

Also, as ZombiFrancis said, better make a GOOD CoH3 that works and is solid.
The way Iron Harvest already looks and feels makes me think that it will be the game CoH2 should have been at the first place.
5 Dec 2017, 10:35 AM

New Commanders and Updates for CoH2 is useless, as the community is so small that it would not be feasible.

The way Iron Harvest already looks and feels makes me think that it will be the game CoH2 should have been at the first place.

Really? A fantasy-themed mech game is what COH2 should have been?

Kindly take your fantasy theme and 'plunge elegantly into a lake' with it.

COH has important historical lessons to teach and perpetuate. The franchise has done OK with this so far and should be encouraged to do more; in diverse locations and settings for example.
5 Dec 2017, 10:39 AM

Really? A fantasy-themed mech game is what COH2 should have been?

Kindly take your fantasy theme and 'plunge elegantly into a lake' with it.

COH has important historical lessons to teach and perpetuate. The franchise has done OK with this so far and should be encouraged to do more; in diverse locations and settings for example.

Not the setting itself, but the engine and the details. The essenge engine is a wreck. High End PCs won't get more than 50fps because the backend is a burning piece of crap. I think Relic should Rework most if not all aspects of their engine before they start doing anything else.

And looking at Iron Harvest is what I think would be a good point. Detailed destruction, nice smoke effects, great camera. And that from a game that is far away from an Alpha and is about to be released end 2018.
5 Dec 2017, 10:57 AM

Who the fuck votes for new commanders/maps?...
5 Dec 2017, 12:12 PM

I'd like to see a CoH3 that combines all the good things from both vCoH and CoH2. The classic asymmetric Wehr vs US matchup (or a smiliar one because the era etc. don't really matter to me) and good gameplay mechanics like tiered resource points, proper front, rear AND side armour etc. from vCoH and all the quality of life advances that have been made in CoH2 (like group selection reinforce, unit bar on the top left etc.).
Add to that all the good stuff from the community mod projects like slapping a premium on call in vehicles when certain levels of tech have not been reached, the cloak changes, the change of infiltration mechanics like spawning with abilities on cooldown etc.
Capping circles vs classic unit capping is a design decision just as the tiered territory points, but I favor the units capping method and tiered resources, because they add more nuance and add to the ebb and flow type of gameplay, where you need to stage well articulated attacks/defences as opposed to the more stale and more "spammy/just do stuff fast" type of gameplay that CoH2 diverted a little bit too much into.
The most important aspect would be the release of proper mod tools at a certain and hopfully rather early stage of the game's lifespan.
This would help with another problem which is polish polish polish.
I just hope for a polished, well designed game which combines the best of what the franchise can offer, coupled with better community integration in terms of mapping, balance feedback and modding (which also would help the relic team to do their job).

Just my 2 cents.
5 Dec 2017, 13:12 PM

I would prefer a new material for Coh 2: Factions, Commanders, Maps.
5 Dec 2017, 13:15 PM

I want CoH3 to have strong bones.

The kind of bones you can build a franchise on. :romeoPls:

I would only want commanders and maps if it advances this goal, not competes with it.

The problem is, relic tends to screw up new games. DoW3 is a good example. I'd see them taking a safer approach.
5 Dec 2017, 13:21 PM

I would love to see COH3 with WW1 template actually.

Close range infantry shooting with guns seems so arcade.

Let's bring new mechanics and welcome to knife fight at close range.
5 Dec 2017, 13:41 PM

you have no idea about this game, there is no gameplay, no image of the UI, no information, NONE

i hate this kind of stupid hype. look at steel division when it was hyped here in the same way

Also the infantry animation look like shit, stupid clonetroopers and robots

5 Dec 2017, 13:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Dec 2017, 13:21 PMProCoh
I would love to see COH3 with WW1 template actually.

Close range infantry shooting with guns seems so arcade.

Let's bring new mechanics and welcome to knife fight at close range.

This is ludicrous.
5 Dec 2017, 14:03 PM

Anything world war 2 related would be literally a coh2 add-on/dlc.

Tho I would prefer a ww2 europe over Pacific.
And ww2 over ww1 anyday.

Either way I think people want a well coded game, a smooth stable feel to it.
-A game that doesn't require computers that are not yet invented to run properly.
-Multi graphics card ready
-No input Lag for months
-A small window to reconnect
-not to have In game luxurys that come months/years down the road that should have been in game since release aka chat.
-and don't let the individuals who "tested and released" The British DLC. Because clearly they had no idea what they were doing.
But most importantly, a well CODED game that run smoothly. Balance can always be changed and increased in time. But not a game that crashes or goes into a huge Lag if you decide to TAB out
5 Dec 2017, 14:11 PM

you have no idea about this game, there is no gameplay, no image of the UI, no information, NONE

i hate this kind of stupid hype. look at steel division and all its followers

Also the infantry animation look like shit, stupid clonetroopers and robots

I totally agree with you. We don't really know what is actually in that game.

They released a picture for UI on facebook. It looks a bit weird. Seems their UI is designed for a really small amount of units.

Steel division is just not a good game. I'd rather play wargame red dragoon.

Also I am a bit skeptical about the developers. They haven't make any RTS games before.
5 Dec 2017, 22:43 PM

Looking at DoW 3 I seriously have no hope for AoE4 or CoH 3 but eh, I wanna see them try at least.

Maybe some modder with actual time on his hands can turn those games around if they're failures.
6 Dec 2017, 02:13 AM

I'm ready for COH3 at this point, but on the condition that it's actually good, stays true to its gameplay roots, and isn't a technical mess. I.e., I don't want DOW3, or even COH2 at launch. I'd love to see a new setting; I think COH could work very well in a Cold War-era or modern setting.
6 Dec 2017, 02:38 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Most likely A CoH3 will be 3 to 4 years from now. They are working on AoE4. Being released Oct. 19, 2018 then add time for DLC/Expansions. Then add the time and development of CoH3. It would be hard to screw up a AoE game seeing it is generally one of the more basic RTS. Resource gathering, liner teching, and combat based on mass production. The cards in AoE3, while similar to customizable doctrines, it more boosted a certain play style rather than adding something new to use.
6 Dec 2017, 02:49 AM

Coms/maps/expansion/etc.

It took us 3-4 years to get CoH2 into a good place, and we're just now fixing most of the last expansions problems over 2 years after it came out.

Getting CoH3 would likely put us back at square one. In addition, since it would be a new game and appeal to a very wide audience (new game player base > current player base), its likely the community would have very little influence over balance and design decisions. I'd rather work with what we have (and a smaller playerbase) and perfect it instead of jumping from a pretty good game to one that will likely take a while to get to the same level of quality.

I hope they take the blizzard route and just support CoH2 for another ~5 years, with small expansions (similar to SC2's covert ops, co-op stuff, etc.) and other add-ons.

6 Dec 2017, 03:03 AM

I would love to see the same mechanics used on coh2 in a Vietnam War period game, it could continue without naval wars, but it would be great to see helicopters having the same impact on gameplay as the tanks on coh2. You just need to improve the light, texture and physical effects a bit more and have more options for the player to create a commander for example, or customize the troops. It would be a GOY in the category without doubt

6 Dec 2017, 12:46 PM

Coms/maps/expansion/etc.

It took us 3-4 years to get CoH2 into a good place, and we're just now fixing most of the last expansions problems over 2 years after it came out.

Getting CoH3 would likely put us back at square one. In addition, since it would be a new game and appeal to a very wide audience (new game player base > current player base), its likely the community would have very little influence over balance and design decisions. I'd rather work with what we have (and a smaller playerbase) and perfect it instead of jumping from a pretty good game to one that will likely take a while to get to the same level of quality.

I hope they take the blizzard route and just support CoH2 for another ~5 years, with small expansions (similar to SC2's covert ops, co-op stuff, etc.) and other add-ons.

exactly
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Peru 21
unknown 7
unknown 7

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %