Login

russian armor

[DBP] 155mm artillery/ Mortar Halftrack

1 Dec 2017, 06:11 AM

I honestly enjoyed the new additions to the patch, but the 155mm removal seemed extremely out of place and honestly outright bad.

Removing the 155mm out of the mechanized commander leaves it with few munition abilities, and 4 call-ins, pretty much assuring the player can't easily make full use of the commander due to lack of manpower/fuel and giving them an unnecessary abundance of munitions.

155mm was one of the better call-in abilities (it was often the main reason for taking it) and there seems like no reason to take it out and none is given in the notes, all to add a duplicate ability. It was one of the few USF abilities capable of taking out enemy artillery that most other factions have (costs 210 with major recon so it was balanced) and did good damage against bunkers, okw bases, and punishing unwarry players giving it a good role.

This just generally seems like a really bad change and I think it should be removed.
1 Dec 2017, 08:12 AM

I have the same feeling about the 155mm, removing it leaves USF without any interesting artillery commander.

I need to test the doctrine and see more in details.
1 Dec 2017, 13:14 PM

Agreed, I mean fuck recon I can scout out for myself or ask my teammates, the United States Army was well known in the war for it's Artillery and Air support anyhow, leaving a commander with no Arty would not only break immersion but leave you with pretty bad indirect fire options as well, plus you'd have 4 overalapping units, Mortar, Mortar HT, 75mm pack gun and then there's the Scott which basically uses the same gun. I mean who even still uses pack guns?
1 Dec 2017, 15:02 PM

You can't have a doctrine with stellar early game, strong mid game and also expect it to cover all bases for you in the late-game. That's almost like asking for the next Lightning War doctrine.

The doctrine is, instead, designed around giving you a lot of choices throughout the game (e.g., mortarHT, m3, or both? Bulldozer, 76mm, or both?, etc).

Live version artillery call-in is necessary in live version because the doctrine is meh at everything except for scaring away kubels.

We're probably going to reintroduce this artillery as part of the dodge unit. This means that you can't plop it anywhere you want it, but you can still use the ability if the dodge truck is nearby.
3 Dec 2017, 17:27 PM

Removing the 155mm out of the mechanized commander leaves it with few munition abilities, and 4 call-ins, pretty much assuring the player can't easily make full use of the commander due to lack of manpower/fuel and giving them an unnecessary abundance of munitions.

I personally don't like the removal of the artillery, but there's tons of munition abilities within the units. The WC51 has the .50 cal upgrade, the M3 HT has health packs, the Ass Engies have flamethrowers and mines, and the Shermans have bulldozer upgrades. I'm actually afraid that Mechanized will be too munition starved for Weapon Racks.

With that said, I still think Mechanized needs some kind of off-map ability.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 33
South Africa 1
Russian Federation 40
Germany 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %