Login

russian armor

Prevent weapon to be overridden by slot item

29 Nov 2017, 20:34 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Just like the title says: Is it possible to disable a weapon to be overridden by a slotitem? I want an specific model to only have a pistol, no matter which other slotitems are in the squad. I tried to add the pistol as slotitem, but one random squad member will get it after reinforcing.

Does anyone have an idea to solve this?
30 Nov 2017, 05:58 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Just like the title says: Is it possible to disable a weapon to be overridden by a slotitem? I want an specific model to only have a pistol, no matter which other slotitems are in the squad. I tried to add the pistol as slotitem, but one random squad member will get it after reinforcing.

Does anyone have an idea to solve this?

This would help the USF captain and lieutenant model as well. In the weapon file under behavior, there is a option for "can be substituted." Not sure if this is the answer, but it could be a start.
30 Nov 2017, 18:56 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Aye, you would have to give the unit you dont want to use other weapons a dummy slot weapon.
1 Dec 2017, 18:23 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

This would help the USF captain and lieutenant model as well. In the weapon file under behavior, there is a option for "can be substituted." Not sure if this is the answer, but it could be a start.

I changed the value, but it seems that the value of "can be substituted" has no effect.

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Nov 2017, 18:56 PMLugie
Aye, you would have to give the unit you dont want to use other weapons a dummy slot weapon.

This works when the squad spawn for the first time, but after I reinforce the model with the pistol, He adds the slot item to a random squad member. I did place the add_slotitem action in ebps of this specific model, but still adds it to the squad.
1 Dec 2017, 18:52 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

This works when the squad spawn for the first time, but after I reinforce the model with the pistol, He adds the slot item to a random squad member. I did place the add_slotitem action in ebps of this specific model, but still adds it to the squad.

This is just me spit balling an idea. Upon death of the model you could remove the slot item and add a requirement action to re-add the slot item that would automatically triggered when this model is reinforced giving his weapon back?
1 Dec 2017, 21:20 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

This is just me spit balling an idea. Upon death of the model you could remove the slot item and add a requirement action to re-add the slot item that would automatically triggered when this model is reinforced giving his weapon back?

I already tried that, but it still adds it on a random squadmember while the action is in ebps. The issue is that slotitems are owned by the squad. I will try this with an upgrade, that can be owned by a single entity.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★