Login

russian armor

USF Commander Revamp

24 Nov 2017, 00:33 AM

Mechanized: Should be a light vehicle centric commander that specializes in sweeping attacks and aggression.

WC51: transport ability overlaps with M3 and M3A1, and is punishing for a short amount of time but useless later. Boost DPS, remove transport, and allow it to uncapture enemy territory.

Withdraw and Refit-fine.

Engineer call-in: Replace with Cavalry Rifles. Paratrooper carbines, Satchel Charges, and a Bazooka that can be toggled on and off like Rangers in the campaign. Health boost to M3, and vet similar to pzgrens with regards to being near vehicles. M3 Grease gun package (flavor) to turn them into an assault squad.

Recon Flight-Replace with Combined Arms: Combined Arms is literally what Mechanized Infantry does, so this should definitely be part of the Commander.

155mm Artillery: Should be a cheap, precise shot with a quick cooldown like the one in the campaign, something to decrew Paks with.

Recon Support: Should be Airborne, but with less offensive punch and more support and defense. (Hence the name.)

Rifle Observers: replace with Recon Package upgrade that grants 2 M1 carbines and a +5 sight boost.

I&R: the dummy barrage is fun, but replacing with a fast fighter run would be incredible. Would make the commander good for combating blobs in team games, and building sniping in 1v1.

Greyhound: Perfect, but replace canister with the T70 recon mode.

Recon Sweep: redundant. Replace with a supply drop ability that can boost income.

Combat Group: Good concept but too much. Remove AT Gun, and make Support Paratroopers focused on long range defense and fire support like Guards. Add rifle grenades as an ability, remove weapon upgrades, and allow them to construct defenses. Give them M1 Garands with a better long range damage profile. Give them 3 weapon slots. 370 Per squad, 2 squads for 620 MP. (Discount for bulk.)
24 Nov 2017, 03:11 AM

First and foremost the recon sweep should definitely be replaced entirely on both commanders (as you already said). Giving 5(?) cp recon to usf commanders is like giving an mg34 callin to ost commanders.

24 Nov 2017, 08:13 AM
Senior Referee Badge

Greyhound: Perfect, but replace canister with the T70 recon mode.

I'm sorry, it's just that this could be a very good meme ^^

I think the greyhound needs a bit more of everything. A bit more health, a bit more damage. If it becomes to good, just make it more expensive. If everybody then still uses it bcs it's a callin, then lock it behind teching a tier. In the end that's the only solution with all light vehicles-medium tanks that are op bcs of their callin :P
24 Nov 2017, 08:16 AM

usf need more late game commmanders so add sherman e8 to recon and pershing to mechanized :hansGASM:
25 Nov 2017, 15:04 PM

Mechanized should definitely have Armored Rifles instead of the Combat Engineers and some Tank call in, maybe an M4A3E2 Jumbo to act as meatshields for the Jacksons? Or an upgrade to the M4A3s to give them some more armor and a better 76mm gun? I think there is already a model for that so it shouldn't be that hard.

The upgraded M4A3 still won't be as good as the E8s of course but better that than a 75mm gun that doesn't excel at anything at all.
25 Nov 2017, 20:01 PM

I'm sorry, it's just that this could be a very good meme ^^

I think the greyhound needs a bit more of everything. A bit more health, a bit more damage. If it becomes to good, just make it more expensive. If everybody then still uses it bcs it's a callin, then lock it behind teching a tier. In the end that's the only solution with all light vehicles-medium tanks that are op bcs of their callin :P

DBP Greyhound is perfect.

@A. Soldier: I can live with it not having a tank call-in because the M3 Halftrack, Withdraw and Refit, WC51, and Assault Engineers all point to it being a light vehicle commander. IMO Combined Arms replaces a tank call-in as a lategame ability.

Armored Rifles would be pretty OP because they would have M1919s and Bazookas alongside M1 carbines if they were portrayed accurately. IMO just basically copying and pasting Cavalry Rifles from campaign would be good enough, but Satchels and Grease Guns would be really flavorful.

Speaking of Grease Guns.. RE's should really come stock with Grease Guns, and have to upgrade to Carbines that provide smoke and rifle grenades plus a DPS increase.
25 Nov 2017, 20:13 PM
Senior Referee Badge

Is that out yet? Didnt know.
26 Nov 2017, 00:50 AM

@A. Soldier: I can live with it not having a tank call-in because the M3 Halftrack, Withdraw and Refit, WC51, and Assault Engineers all point to it being a light vehicle commander. IMO Combined Arms replaces a tank call-in as a lategame ability.

Armored Rifles would be pretty OP because they would have M1919s and Bazookas alongside M1 carbines if they were portrayed accurately. IMO just basically copying and pasting Cavalry Rifles from campaign would be good enough, but Satchels and Grease Guns would be really flavorful.

Speaking of Grease Guns.. RE's should really come stock with Grease Guns, and have to upgrade to Carbines that provide smoke and rifle grenades plus a DPS increase.

Those would have to be some pretty bad grease guns lol. And how much of an increase would that be? Like paratrooper/ranger levels or what?

Having cavalry rifles in mechanized would really add something positive to the whole commander and hardy close quarters infantry that can tacke buildings is yet another thing nondoctrinal usf lacks, so I'd be all for it.
26 Nov 2017, 04:41 AM

Those would have to be some pretty bad grease guns lol. And how much of an increase would that be? Like paratrooper/ranger levels or what?

Having cavalry rifles in mechanized would really add something positive to the whole commander and hardy close quarters infantry that can tacke buildings is yet another thing nondoctrinal usf lacks, so I'd be all for it.

I say instead of "Cavalry Rifles" just add Rangers with an emphasis on demolitions and light AT support. Demolition Rangers: Come equipped with 2 bazookas, AT mine, and demolition charges that can be thrown freely or at vehicles like Penals. cost 400mp

USF needs more branches than just straight Rifle blobs backed by call ins. This commander could in essence persuade skipping the Captain Tech.

I also agree that we need the Pershing and Ez8 in at least one other commander respectively. I think the Recon commander needs a bombing run akin to the Russian Bombing run for 200mu. Heavy Cav company has almost no good answer to mg/mortar/lel gun spam
26 Nov 2017, 05:55 AM

Even if they increased damage to Rifle levels it would make them much more cost efficient, plus smoke for possibly cheaper and rifle nades (reliable muni based anti garrison that doesn't require flanking).

CQC anti-garrison infantry is exactly what I was thinking, plus vet that compliments them with vehicle. Perfect for using with a Stuart, IE they flush out AT guns or Puppchens and wreck Grens up close.

I say instead of "Cavalry Rifles" just add Rangers with an emphasis on demolitions and light AT support. Demolition Rangers: Come equipped with 2 bazookas, AT mine, and demolition charges that can be thrown freely or at vehicles like Penals. cost 400mp

USF needs more branches than just straight Rifle blobs backed by call ins. This commander could in essence persuade skipping the Captain Tech.

I also agree that we need the Pershing and Ez8 in at least one other commander respectively. I think the Recon commander needs a bombing run akin to the Russian Bombing run for 200mu. Heavy Cav company has almost no good answer to mg/mortar/lel gun spam

This is something I would recommend if Infantry Company got re-worked.
Phy
26 Nov 2017, 09:45 AM

+1. This is indeed a good idea. I'd suggest one change though. Instead of demolition charge give rangers sticky bombs (coh1 hype).

26 Nov 2017, 17:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Nov 2017, 09:45 AMPhy

+1. This is indeed a good idea. I'd suggest one change though. Instead of demolition charge give rangers sticky bombs (coh1 hype).

A player of culture.
My most missed thing from vCoH besides the Supply Yard and AWM.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★