Login

russian armor

Arty in DBP

14 Nov 2017, 17:43 PM

I have one question for the dev team.

If you are balancing the game, specially in 4v4, by nerfing Axis late tanks, are you gonna do something about the late game Allies arty spam (specially Katys, LM, Callies)?

I mean, if we talk about "balance", that would be completely fair.

Lets be honest, late games in 4v4 or 3v3 are an arty spam fest from allies 90% of the games.
14 Nov 2017, 21:00 PM

Katty is balanced, it is the weakest mobile arty along with panzerwerfer.Small arms kill it in mere of seconds, cannot survive a tank shot, has biggest spread and biggest delay between barrage parts.

Why you think it should be nerfed even further ?

Land Mattress dies to a Walking stuka because it is a team weapon and cannot reposition fast enough. Also any tank push will evaporise it because it is a team weapon.

It is also getting nerfed - delay between single rockets is being increased, so I dont see a problem here.

You think it should be nerfed even further ? If yes, why then ?

CalliOP will be Calliope after the patch because it is receiving a nerf - bigger delay between single rockets.

Also it is getting a healthbar reduction so a single tank dive will hopefully kill it now (needs 2 shots to die, which is fine for the most expensive mobile artilly with the raw power of land mattress).

You think it should be nerfed even further ? If yes why then ?

Also do remember that these units need to remain semi-decent in 1v1 or 2v2 so they can counter static positions and simcities reliably ;)

The reason why allies spam arty in 4v4 is not because it is utterly OP but because it is only viable alternative to Vet5 OKW Volks blobs since their infantry cant compete with them (even less when a one shot wipe wonder machine AKA kingtiger is behind vet5 volks blob)
14 Nov 2017, 21:11 PM

Also it is getting a healthbar reduction so a single tank dive will hopefully kill it now (needs 2 shots to die, which is fine for the most expensive mobile artilly with the raw power of land mattress

2 shots to deal 480?

So diving with KTs, elefants or JTs?

Damn it people 480 health is not a 2 shot kill... This misconception is already being used as justification to boost the jacksons health, but come on now.
14 Nov 2017, 21:14 PM

2 shots to deal 480?

Damn it people 480 health is not a 2 shot kill... This misconception is already being used as justification to boost the jacksons health, but come on now.

Well the Jackson is at least fighting JTs, Elefants and KTs, but the Calliope is just fine with 480 HP imo.
14 Nov 2017, 21:15 PM

2 shots to deal 480?

Oh damn, youre right, one needs 3 Pantha shots to kill the beast. I think it should go to 320 healht then (and a good armor so it is more or less immune to rocket artillery )
14 Nov 2017, 21:40 PM

Katushas are excellent at medium range, and will never be hit by infantry unless user is a moron. I don’t see how they are mediocre as some of you claim considering how often I see them.
I use the panzerwerfer counter barrage, i never get katushas kills using it. I’ll do direct hits but very minimal damage (medium/far rage)

But I do have better luck with countering landmattress. As for calliope, forgettttabouuutttitttt

I do understand where OP is coming from, but I don’t see any more nerfs to them without making them completely useless.

Instead the panzerwerfer could use a buff.

The brumbar completely overshadows the werfers AI ability as well as anti building roll.
15 Nov 2017, 08:20 AM

who said katjuscha is bad, has no skill/ no experience/ less brain or need to train more...

katjuscha is much better than PW... if you know how to handle (its not that heavy)
15 Nov 2017, 08:43 AM

People should have a closer look at Priest and the buff in AOE it got, since it one of artillery pieces that is harder to counter:

Mid AOE from 0.15 to 0.28
15 Nov 2017, 10:05 AM

Land Mattress dies to a Walking stuka because it is a team weapon and cannot reposition fast enough.

Just because it is a team weapon doesn't mean walking stukas can't miss, they have plenty of time to move and not everything in the line of rockets is insta gibbed.

Plus if you are stuck countering a 40 fuel LM every two minutes with a 100 fuel stuka, you are still kinda behind.
15 Nov 2017, 10:26 AM

Just because it is a team weapon doesn't mean walking stukas can't miss, they have plenty of time to move and not everything in the line of rockets is insta gibbed.

Plus if you are stuck countering a 40 fuel LM every two minutes with a 100 fuel stuka, you are still kinda behind.

Manpower cost is much more important. It cost an arm and leg to be built.

If it is positioned the it is instacountered by stuka because it needs ages to unpack. You just need to know when to fire the barrage (when the mattress is fining)
15 Nov 2017, 11:15 AM

Katty is balanced, it is the weakest mobile arty along with panzerwerfer.Small arms kill it in mere of seconds, cannot survive a tank shot, has biggest spread and biggest delay between barrage parts.

Why you think it should be nerfed even further ?

Land Mattress dies to a Walking stuka because it is a team weapon and cannot reposition fast enough. Also any tank push will evaporise it because it is a team weapon.

It is also getting nerfed - delay between single rockets is being increased, so I dont see a problem here.

You think it should be nerfed even further ? If yes, why then ?

CalliOP will be Calliope after the patch because it is receiving a nerf - bigger delay between single rockets.

Also it is getting a healthbar reduction so a single tank dive will hopefully kill it now (needs 2 shots to die, which is fine for the most expensive mobile artilly with the raw power of land mattress).

You think it should be nerfed even further ? If yes why then ?

Also do remember that these units need to remain semi-decent in 1v1 or 2v2 so they can counter static positions and simcities reliably ;)

The reason why allies spam arty in 4v4 is not because it is utterly OP but because it is only viable alternative to Vet5 OKW Volks blobs since their infantry cant compete with them (even less when a one shot wipe wonder machine AKA kingtiger is behind vet5 volks blob)

You are justifying the one-click wiping machines just by saying that they have low health?
Of course they should have low health.

In almost every game, katyushas (and the other allied Artys) never get killed and they end the game easily with vet 3. Who risk a Panther or two P4s just to get behind enemy lines to kill some arty. (Less even when we know the accuracy of the axis tanks)?

The problem I think is the big AOE of each rocket.
15 Nov 2017, 11:24 AM

If it is positioned the it is instacountered by stuka because it needs ages to unpack. You just need to know when to fire the barrage (when the mattress is fining)

With OKW maybe with a lot of luck you can kill a Katy with a Stuka or with some offmap arty.

But with OST, forget it!!!. There is no way to kill those arty.
15 Nov 2017, 13:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Nov 2017, 11:15 AMLeo251

You are justifying the one-click wiping machines just by saying that they have low health?
Of course they should have low health.

In almost every game, katyushas (and the other allied Artys) never get killed and they end the game easily with vet 3. Who risk a Panther or two P4s just to get behind enemy lines to kill some arty. (Less even when we know the accuracy of the axis tanks)?

The problem I think is the big AOE of each rocket.

Do not blob then. I have never seen a mattress or katty or nerfed Calliope to wipe a single squad with second strike. If you are stubborn and refuse to retreat your squads after the first rockets land, then there is no hope for you. The same would happen to you if you ignore flares of offmap artillery, so i dont see a problem there.

If you retreat your blob to FRP and "just by accidance" rockets fall there as well, then do not blob.

And yes, mobile rocket artillery should counter weapon teams. But even with them you have enough time to retreat unless you are very unlucky or blob a battalion at a single location.

Allies players retreat their squads once they see Kingtiger or Stuka as well, because they are not ubermench as well.

Also all 3 rocket pieces need to go very close to the frontline (unlike Stuka zu Fuss) in order to not be only area of denial tool but actually have a chance to wipe something. Once it closes to frontlines and starts firing, CHARGE. One shot and it is gone ;)

Rocket artillery only becomes problematic once it is spammed but with a huge amound of fuel invested into rocket artilley you shouldnt be having problems to break his frontline because a) you will outnumber his tank forces b) he will have less manpower to create strong static frontline.
If he still outnumbers your tanks even if he builds 4 kattys, then I am sorry but you did something else wrong, like losing an early game or losing most of your tanks in pityful engangements.

Can you please provide us your playercard so you can backup your arguments better ? Thanks
15 Nov 2017, 15:27 PM

Do not blob then. I have never seen a mattress or katty or nerfed Calliope to wipe a single squad with second strike. If you are stubborn and refuse to retreat your squads after the first rockets land, then there is no hope for you. The same would happen to you if you ignore flares of offmap artillery, so i dont see a problem there.

Wha? You mean infantry squads, not team weapons right? Rocket artillery from any faction dominates any player utilizing or relying on team weapons.
15 Nov 2017, 15:36 PM

Wha? You mean infantry squads, not team weapons right? Rocket artillery from any faction dominates any player utilizing or relying on team weapons.

Yep, I meant infantry.

Artillery should counter team weapons IMO, not vaporise them but counter at least
15 Nov 2017, 16:26 PM

This is where it starts to get tricky though.

Would you agree that certain factions rely on team weapons more than others?
15 Nov 2017, 18:08 PM

Blobing or not blobing, weapon teams take some time to unpack and retreat. And considering that OST is a very defensive factions and have 4men squads in all their inf, well, arty seems to be very efective.
15 Nov 2017, 18:11 PM

Allies players retreat their squads once they see Kingtiger or Stuka as well, because they are not ubermench as well.

You are always assuming that the other faction is an OKW, because you name the KT, Stuka, vet 5 volks, etc. But what about OST.
We all know OST. Ost is very, I dont know, ost.!!! lol
15 Nov 2017, 18:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Nov 2017, 18:08 PMLeo251

Blobing or not blobing, weapon teams take some time to unpack and retreat. And considering that OST is a very defensive factions and have 4men squads in all their inf, well, arty seems to be very efective.

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Nov 2017, 18:11 PMLeo251

You are always assuming that the other faction is an OKW, because you name the KT, Stuka, vet 5 volks, etc. But what about OST.
We all know OST. Ost is very, I dont know, ost.!!! lol

Ostheer is as weak to rocket artillery as USF is to heavy tanks destroyers or how Brits are to ealry game vehicle pressure or how generally OKW USF and UKF are weak to snipers.

Its a faction design and a fact, you cant go around it.

At least Ostheer can go proper tanks in the lategame :)
15 Nov 2017, 21:44 PM

Katushas are excellent at medium range, and will never be hit by infantry unless user is a moron. I don’t see how they are mediocre as some of you claim considering how often I see them.
I use the panzerwerfer counter barrage, i never get katushas kills using it. I’ll do direct hits but very minimal damage (medium/far rage)

But I do have better luck with countering landmattress. As for calliope, forgettttabouuutttitttt

I do understand where OP is coming from, but I don’t see any more nerfs to them without making them completely useless.

Instead the panzerwerfer could use a buff.

The brumbar completely overshadows the werfers AI ability as well as anti building roll.

what werfer doesent need buff, it and katy are the most balanced rocket arty currently. Werfer is a guaranteed squad wipe if its in close range, but thats fine because of the one shot killed and the risk involved of bringing it fwd, same with katusha.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 23
Peru 4
United States 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak