Login

russian armor

Buff the OKW commander specific flak emplacement

12 Nov 2017, 15:46 PM
Patrion 26

This thing has needed a buff for a very, very, long time. As you're tweaking commanders now might be a good time to finally improve it to the point of it being worth building.

How about an increase in rate of fire and suppression, as well as armour and a slight increase in HP.

Ideally it should be like the 'flakvierling 38 20mm AA' from COH1; incredibly fast rate of fire and ability to suppress, but fairly easily decrewed.

In a perfect world Relic would have enough time and resources to replace it with an actual flakvierling 38 20mm AA. #DareToDream

12 Nov 2017, 16:02 PM

Just do not make it another bofors 2.0 :D
12 Nov 2017, 16:22 PM
Patrion 26

Just do not make it another bofors 2.0 :D

Very true! Ideally it needs to be somewhere in the middle, not useless and not a one structure fortress.
12 Nov 2017, 17:02 PM

Give it brace
12 Nov 2017, 17:17 PM
Patrion 26

12 Nov 2017, 20:53 PM

Fall doc is getting reworked, so it should be getting some love with it
12 Nov 2017, 22:00 PM

I haven't been around for a long time, does it still have 2 men crew and gets rekt after losing one?
13 Nov 2017, 00:08 AM
Patrion 26

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Nov 2017, 22:00 PMRMMLz
I haven't been around for a long time, does it still have 2 men crew and gets rekt after losing one?

Yup, you can very easily de-crew it, but because it's so useless there is no point in taking it. The number of times they have been built this year could probably be counted on one hand.

Good point, fingers crossed they find a way to make it a huge benefit, and thus worth building every time someone picks a commander that has access to it.
13 Nov 2017, 00:28 AM

The only buff it need is to make the crew invulnerable like british emplacement. Otherwise, the british emplacement should be able to be decrew.

Flak emplacement does not need broken ability like brace, mainly because it's cheap and spamable.
13 Nov 2017, 00:50 AM

...Feuersturm, arguably the shittiest commander in the entire game besides NKVD, isn't getting the OKW rework?

I find it very surprising people would have votted Fallschirmjager over this. I'd still at least like to see the horrendous flame Hetzer get a buff at least.
13 Nov 2017, 01:10 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Nov 2017, 00:50 AMKothre

...Feuersturm, arguably the shittiest commander in the entire game besides NKVD, isn't getting the OKW rework?

I find it very surprising people would have votted Fallschirmjager over this. I'd still at least like to see the horrendous flame Hetzer get a buff at least.

Two per faction thankfully, here's the list:
* (USF) Recon Support Company
* (USF) Mechanized Company
* (SOVIET) Tank Hunter Tactics
* (SOVIET) Guard Rifle Combined Arms Tactics
* (BRITISH) Royal Engineer Regiment
* (BRITISH) Commando Regiment
* (OKW) Feuersturm Doctrine
* (OKW) Luftwaffe Ground Forces Doctrine
* (WEHRMACHT) Jaeger Light Infantry
* (WEHRMACHT) Osttruppen Doctrine

13 Nov 2017, 02:24 AM

Maybe its out of topics but ...
Heavy Fortification IMO not suit well with this heavy agressive infantry play doctrine.
13 Nov 2017, 02:55 AM

Two per faction thankfully, here's the list:
* (USF) Recon Support Company
* (USF) Mechanized Company
* (SOVIET) Tank Hunter Tactics
* (SOVIET) Guard Rifle Combined Arms Tactics
* (BRITISH) Royal Engineer Regiment
* (BRITISH) Commando Regiment
* (OKW) Feuersturm Doctrine
* (OKW) Luftwaffe Ground Forces Doctrine
* (WEHRMACHT) Jaeger Light Infantry
* (WEHRMACHT) Osttruppen Doctrine

Ohhhh right. My bad, I totally forgot two per faction were getting the rework.
13 Nov 2017, 14:58 PM

Yup, you can very easily de-crew it, but because it's so useless there is no point in taking it. The number of times they have been built this year could probably be counted on one hand.

So IMO it just needs to be more durable, maybe vulnerable to flamers but not small arms. Also it could use a good penetration (I honestly don't know its current pen!!!), just to keep light vehicles (not mediums) at bay, and not counter them completely. Or maybe a Munition switch (HE for AoE damage and Suppression, AP for armor and Aircrafts).
13 Nov 2017, 19:58 PM

Yea, this thing is probably the most useless unit in the game since it can be decrewed.

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Nov 2017, 14:58 PMRMMLz
So IMO it just needs to be more durable, maybe vulnerable to flamers but not small arms. Also it could use a good penetration (I honestly don't know its current pen!!!), just to keep light vehicles (not mediums) at bay, and not counter them completely. Or maybe a Munition switch (HE for AoE damage and Suppression, AP for armor and Aircrafts).

Pretty much this, although I'd rather it have very low pen (works vs. HTs, that's about it) but lots of suppression. Basically a 'bofors-lite'; no brace, no self-repair, useless vs. medium vehicles, but amazing vs. infantry.

13 Nov 2017, 22:09 PM
Patrion 26

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Nov 2017, 14:58 PMRMMLz

Absolutely, all of the above would be a huge improvement, and make it worth building.
13 Nov 2017, 23:45 PM
Donator 11

It could heavily benefit from its shots not colliding with the ground. Since it is short and static, it very often just shoots the ground. This is especially true on hilly maps.
14 Nov 2017, 12:11 PM

Yea, this thing is probably the most useless unit in the game since it can be decrewed.

Pretty much this, although I'd rather it have very low pen (works vs. HTs, that's about it) but lots of suppression. Basically a 'bofors-lite'; no brace, no self-repair, useless vs. medium vehicles, but amazing vs. infantry.

I think since it costs FU, it should be able to counter HTs and M20, also does enough damage to light tanks like T70 so they cant 1v1 it. Otherwise, it should be countered easily by ATGs, all mediums (even some better mediums like AEC should counter it IMO), and of course should be easily countered by indirect fire. But it should not get wrecked by infantry at all.
17 Nov 2017, 20:22 PM

Permanently Banned
Haha flak is a crap for all that is not anti air! I kill that with 2 penals with anti tank rifle soo ez!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★