Login

russian armor

Mortar for M3 Scout Car?

3 Nov 2017, 22:10 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I'd like to add a PM-41 on the M3 Scout Car. I started with some research on a vehicle similar to my desired product, the 250. I noticed that for the 250 halftrack, there is a mortar_state, but when I tried turning that on and off in NIS editor/Worldbuilder, I see no visible difference. I also checked the anim_table for the Granatwerfer 34 variants and found no visibility_name. How does the mortar halftrack system work, then, and is it possible to use the same system on vehicles such as the Soviet M3 Scout Car or M5 halftrack?
4 Nov 2017, 01:24 AM
Honorary Member Badge

The 250 has an animated crew built in to the model, so it's not possible without more advanced tools.
4 Nov 2017, 23:30 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

You could try something a bit more cheeky. Try spawning a mortar entity that spawns the crew with it, and attach that to the scout car. It might look a bit wonky, but it might also work.

If that doesn't work, you could also try making a special mortar squad that is able to be put into a hold and can shoot out of it spawn in the scout car.
5 Nov 2017, 12:05 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Nov 2017, 23:30 PMLugie
You could try something a bit more cheeky. Try spawning a mortar entity that spawns the crew with it, and attach that to the scout car. It might look a bit wonky, but it might also work.

If that doesn't work, you could also try making a special mortar squad that is able to be put into a hold and can shoot out of it spawn in the scout car.

I can't seem to get a mortar team to work in the scout car. I added mortars to acceptable_types and it shows the rest of the crew, but not the mortar nor the two men manning it. Is there somewhere I should be looking for this?
5 Nov 2017, 12:46 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

You might try to add the mortar to the .abp file of the M3 Scout Car. The position will probably be in the center on the ground, but that will add the animations and a visible mortar (if the states are set correctly). The British mortar pit works the same, although the positions of those mortars are set in the .mua file which can't be modded.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★