Login

russian armor

December Balance Preview

• This thread is locked
PAGES (85)down
18 Dec 2017, 15:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Dec 2017, 13:39 PMLago
Is there any hope whatsoever for the Stuart/AAHT swap ever happening? Not in DBP but maybe in the next patch?

Without the M10 Wolverine call-in Lieutenant is riskier than ever now. The AAHT has really good synergy with the ATG and Pack Howitzer and the Stuart fills the hard AT shaped hole in Lieutenant. It also creates an interesting dynamic where the light vehicle that covers the tier's weakness costs about the same as the other tier. It'd do wonders for the faction.

If not, could something else be done about the tech fork? USF leans so heavily towards call-ins because its tech structure requires (without call-ins) either no suppression, no hard AT until Major or a dangerously late Major.

For example you could do this:

- Change Lieutenant's price to 300 MP 15 FU.
- Change Captain's price to 300 MP 25 FU.
- The Utility Car, Stuart, AAHT and Major tier are locked by default.
- Add a new Requisition Vehicles upgrade to the HQ. Costs 35 FU. Unlocks the Utility Car, the Stuart, the AAHT and the Major.

That'd make it much cheaper in fuel to get both Captain and Lieutenant, would allow USF earlier access to its support weapons to diversify its opening options but it wouldn't accelerate the light vehicles.

With Bazookas being fixed LT will be a good tier again, specially if you play Recon Support and can get Paratroopers with Pimped Bazookas and the ATG you can reinforce in the front.
18 Dec 2017, 15:52 PM

With Bazookas being fixed LT will be a good tier again, specially if you play Recon Support and can get Paratroopers with Pimped Bazookas and the ATG you can reinforce in the front.

Fair point: I hadn't taken the fixed bazookas into account. I'd still rather have the AAHT in Captain though - I like more when doctrines let you do interesting things rather than when they fill the holes in your lineup.

the ATG you can reinforce in the front

HMGs too for Airborne. That commander can be seriously aggressive now. I like how the balance team have managed to quietly fix a few commanders outside of Relic's selection.
18 Dec 2017, 15:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Dec 2017, 15:52 PMLago

Fair point: I hadn't taken the fixed bazookas into account. I'd still rather have the AAHT in Captain though - I like more when doctrines let you do interesting things rather than when they fill the holes in your lineup.

HMGs too for Airborne. That commander can be seriously aggressive now. I like how the balance team have managed to quietly fix a few commanders outside of Relic's selection.
yea aa in cap works but then you gotta give the stuart 20-30 sec + build time
18 Dec 2017, 16:06 PM

Or make the Lieutenant cost 60 fuel like the Captain: then the window is identical (or slower if you'd have otherwise used Supervise on the Captain). It'd delay the Utility Car but you could counteract that by lowering its presently rather high build time.
18 Dec 2017, 17:46 PM

Invissed three offtopic posts.
18 Dec 2017, 17:54 PM

and now you put words in other mounts, i never said anything about leig at t0 and long time ago i argued about mg 34 because volks were really weak (the unbeffed version) gj you fucking fanboy i was the fucking first to ask some buff yo the soviet commander and cons (and especially kv-1) and im still rotting for the m8a1 buff (pen round like pak howy) but you are only blinded by your bias and can't even see the video other links here so stfu please
btw here is you arguing that comet was "fine" before the nerfs "Comet is fine leave it alone just panther needs some tweaks and thats it but honestly i dont know why people think panter is garbage, panther vet2 make it immortal yeah right but vet3 comet got free nades wow so awesome" hope mod can make a special tag for fanboys like you

Calm down i know brits are strong ok i get it
Maybe iam usf beliber but just because usf in 4vs4 mode is garbage i hope jackson buff will change that
18 Dec 2017, 18:51 PM

Calm down i know brits are strong ok i get it
Maybe iam usf beliber but just because usf in 4vs4 mode is garbage i hope jackson buff will change that

Jackson buff, Bazookas fix and Super TDs nerf will will go along way towards helping USF not become irrelevant past certain minute in games with high resources.
19 Dec 2017, 22:26 PM

I need to clarify a few things
1) I always tested any mod, including FBP, and DBP will follow
2) I have my idea of an indea rework that could fix a lot of issues related to axis AT armor department BUT I WILL judge changes as I see and test them, evaluate them and eventually give a positive feedback on those as they actually improve balance

"Now you get a patch that reduces some of the durability (with Vet), but not the important bits (the health bonus at Vet2 is still there), and increases the DPS."

I miss the improved dps, you reduced moving accuracy and increased scatter, and less than a second of reload difference should mean improved dps ?
Nah you just straight up nerfed it.
Further add that okw one will still cost 25 more fuel apparently...and only got nerfs because is "the best nondoc vehicle" (you know how much people laughed at this ?)

Regardless of testing, which won't lack, nobody see anything good coming from this change.

A good start would be: choose an intended role.
It would be great if panther gained much more dps, in both high accuracy (and moving accuracy) and rof, but gave up range, penetration and armor, for an anti medium and flanker/tank hunter role, while heavies could be countered by su86-like stug/jpn4..but that's one of the options.

I fully agree. I'd love if Panther had armor and health of a T34/76.
But about 20% of the range, but fired around 20-30x shots per second at 100% accuracy while moving
and did 1000 pen, 1000 dmg, and shots could go through and/or ricochet amongs allie vehicles.
Something like a Pool trick shot so that a single shot could destroy 10 to 20 allied vehicles in
a single shot.

Of course, fuel and popcap per Panther would have be reduced accordingly, say, to that of a T70.
But, I feel that it would be in a good place then. Not too op. Balanced just right. 200 manpower, 70
fuel is about right for a Panther. And 8 pop. Also it needs it's AI buffed considerably.

Please do so, Relic, or all the COH players will uninstall immediately.

Thank you, humbly, for considering this truly

Also, as vet bonuses the ROF (rate of fire) and hit and Pen (Penetration) should all increase, say to +50% +100% +150% +200% +250%(of 100%)(while moving)

I really enjoy Panthers, and this would truly improve on my appreciation of the game and would impact
if me and my friends purchase future DLC for this game, and continue to support RELIC in their future
endeavors. Thank you.

PS: The shots from the Panther should do HE like the Sturmtiger. Because German technology is superior
and the game should reflect that.

PS2 : Relic should stop trying to nerf Axis units to pacify the Allied Hordes.
Everyone knows Allied is easy mode. It is time for Axis to receive some well-deserved love.

If there is no historical accuracy, where is the love? Where is the point?

19 Dec 2017, 22:34 PM

I fully agree. I'd love if Panther had armor and health of a T34/76.
But about 20% of the range, but fired around 20-30x shots per second at 100% accuracy while moving
and did 1000 pen, 1000 dmg, and shots could go through and/or ricochet amongs allie vehicles.
Something like a Pool trick shot so that a single shot could destroy 10 to 20 allied vehicles in
a single shot.

Of course, fuel and popcap per Panther would have be reduced accordingly, say, to that of a T70.
But, I feel that it would be in a good place then. Not too op. Balanced just right.

Please do so, Relic, or all the COH players will uninstall immediately.

Thank you, humbly, for considering this truly

Also, as vet bonuses the ROF (rate of fire) and hit and Pen (Penetration) should all increase, say to +50% +100% +150% +200% +250%
(of 100%)(while moving)

I really enjoy Panthers, and this would truly improve on my appreciation of the game and would impact
if me and my friends purchase future DLC for this game, and continue to support RElic in their future
endeavors. Thank you.

PS: The shots from the Panther should do HE like the Sturmtiger. Because German technology is superior
and the game should reflect that.

you mean like the old sherman bug with infinite range and rate of fire ? it took a month to fix it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2aei2yNZyk
19 Dec 2017, 22:43 PM

you mean like the old sherman bug with infinite range and rate of fire ? it took a month to fix it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2aei2yNZyk

===========

PS: goodbye sweet prince shoot down before the 10000 post
It's SHOT down. Not SHOOT down :)

And, yea, OMG. / Actually, I was unaware it existed until people pointed it out.
In what context did it exist again? Something about combined arms, I believe? Quite glad it
was finally fixed. That was insane. / Can't believe I didn't happen upon it sooner.

I can't believe the allies had that and not the axis. Seriously.

Axis should also have decrew and default offensive mortars. And aim-time gyros like Shermans.
And superior optics like the SU85. There is no technology that the allies had that the Axis should not have.

Unfair. Make Axis great again.
20 Dec 2017, 03:02 AM

What do you mean Bazookas got fixed? Were bazookas in some way glitched?
20 Dec 2017, 03:37 AM

To keep things condensed, I will close this thread down. All concerns regarding the new patch can be brought up in this thread:

https://www.coh2.org/topic/66636/december-patch-live
PAGES (85)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight