Login

russian armor

Please Help with Glider and 25 Lbr Howitzer for AEF

21 Oct 2017, 15:48 PM

I need some assistance (again).
SneakEye, in your mod, I saw you were able to make the British 25 pounder buildable, visable, and in an emplacement.
I've tried to clone/new name the files but all I get is an invisible gun.
I saw your All Units (160) had successfully created an emplaced Howitzer, could you help me on that?

Also I am trying to give the AEF the British Glider HQ.
I've cloned/new named the Ability, SBPS, EBPS, removed all British requirements, and pointed to the new files.
However, when I try to use the Ability, it shows the "runway" but stays red, even when the cursor goes ok.
I'm not sure what I'm missing, although I do see some conditions to check for glider lockout.

Also can you help me with your Road Blocks the engineers build?

Any help someone could provide on these issues?

21 Oct 2017, 20:16 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Hi GizmoX64,

To make the 25 pdr visible an animator_set_state is needed.
state_machine_name : maingun_visibility
do_action_state_name : on
I cloned the 17 pdr pit and replaced the gun with the new 25 pdr file to make the emplacement.
The model of the coh1 emplacement: armies\common\structures\artillerypit\artillerypit

The Glider ability has most likely an invalid target_requirement. The ability has a 'target_special_validation', do you have any requirements in there?

The roadblocks are much more easy, clone a tank trap and use this model: environment\objects\rubble_debris\rubble_barricade_heavy_01\rubble_barricade_heavy_01

Good luck!
22 Oct 2017, 08:27 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

The model of the coh1 emplacement: armies\common\structures\artillerypit\artillerypit

I forgot that some of the Coh1 Models are still in the game. This will help me out for right now I am using other models such as the USF Fighting Position. Do you know if the old Mortar Pit is in there, because I do not see it?
22 Oct 2017, 12:59 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I forgot that some of the Coh1 Models are still in the game. This will help me out for right now I am using other models such as the USF Fighting Position. Do you know if the old Mortar Pit is in there, because I do not see it?

I search for new models in the world builder often, but I haven't found the the old Mortar Pit yet :(
22 Oct 2017, 14:24 PM

...To make the 25 pdr visible an animator_set_state is needed.
state_machine_name : maingun_visibility
do_action_state_name : on
I cloned the 17 pdr pit and replaced the gun with the new 25 pdr file to make the emplacement.

Going to attempt that again today.

The Glider ability has most likely an invalid target_requirement. The ability has a 'target_special_validation', do you have any requirements in there?

Yea there is 2 target_special_validations, 1 is no command sector, the other is friendly territory.
I removed both from the ability and still get a red runway.

The roadblocks are much more easy, clone a tank trap and use this model: environment\objects\rubble_debris\rubble_barricade_heavy_01\rubble_barricade_heavy_01

Sweet I was hoping you would post the actual model path, thank you.
Is there an icon already made for the build menu?
Or is there a model tool, like the COH2 UI Asset Browser, but for 3D models?
22 Oct 2017, 14:58 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Yea there is 2 target_special_validations, 1 is no command sector, the other is friendly territory.
I removed both from the ability and still get a red runway.

Can you try it with the original sbps and ebps files? so only use the new ability file.

Sweet I was hoping you would post the actual model path, thank you.
Is there an icon already made for the build menu?
Or is there a model tool, like the COH2 UI Asset Browser, but for 3D models?

I made the icon myself. The worldbuilder is a great tool to browse through the models :)
23 Oct 2017, 15:47 PM

Damn, I'm lost on this stupid howitzer nest.
I can build it, it shows the emplacement, the abilities, but no gun.
It does fire. I'm not sure where the "gun" file is. Like the 17 pounder has a squad_loadout with the emplacment and a gun epbs. I'm not sure where it's crew comes from though. But the mortar just points to the building. I've successfully made 17 pounder, mortar, and bofors nests with USA crew for the AEF, but this howitzer...

Maybe, instead, I'll try putting the AEF Howitzer as a buildable with a emplacement, like you did with the AT gun.

The glider is also eluding me. I pointed the ability to the brit files but it still won't "cast". So that's a bust.

However, the tank traps are working perfectly! I used "Icons_buildings_building_aef_bulldozer_barricade" for the icon.

23 Oct 2017, 19:15 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

This is what the ebps animator should look like for the 25 pounder

For the glider, try starting over. I know it can be done because I have done it before. You might have changed something you did not mean too.
24 Oct 2017, 05:27 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I'm not sure where it's crew comes from though. But the mortar just points to the building.

The mortar is different, it has one model with the pit and mortars included. The 17 pdr is the one you should use. There are two ebps files, the pit and the gun. The gun should have a crew_ext and the crew must be applied in the acion_apply_ext along with the state which Ægion posted. The two hq buildings with the 25 pdr have the same crew, you can copy the crew from those files in ebps.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★