Login

russian armor

A tip for next COH

18 Oct 2017, 12:51 PM

Permanently Banned
Make more maps like port hamburg and redball express, with directly war and few paths. Team work and fun.

I play alot 4v4, and some maps looks like 1v1 or 2v2 by position and its a hell boring.

I think will start instantly quit others maps that are not: PORT, REDBALL and LIENNE. The others are just all boring, and this maps are much fun.
18 Oct 2017, 15:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Oct 2017, 12:51 PMBravus
Make more maps like port hamburg and redball express, with directly war and few paths. Team work and fun.

I play alot 4v4, and some maps looks like 1v1 or 2v2 by position and its a hell boring.

I think will start instantly quit others maps that are not: PORT, REDBALL and LIENNE. The others are just all boring, and this maps are much fun.

No one on this website will agree with you. But I do :) Add Steppes to that list. These maps create more team play than any others.
19 Oct 2017, 01:02 AM

Lane-based maps are worse for teamplay, they just turn the game into a series of 1v1s. They make it harder to work together because concentrating forces in one lane leaves you exposed in another. Maps like Lienne and Lorch assault with safe fuel make the matches a slug-fest for central VPs since you can't do anything to restrict the opponents tech. They leave little room for flanking, gimping the core CoH gameplay and gimping the use of units like Jackson which were originally designed to do this).

That said larger maps aren't always better. Steppes is good for the first 20 minutes then it turns into Jagdtiger: The Map. Vielsalm can have some nice armoured play but it heavily favours factions with FRP. Access to FRP needs to be reasonably consistent across factions. Of course you can have some variation for flavour but it's gotta be available to all factions or none. The other option would be to make infantry transports less cumbersome to micro.

I think best to have maps which combine both of these aspects, of if that's too difficult, at least include maps of both type and let players decide (i.e. straightforward, concentrated maps AND more open maps).
25 Oct 2017, 03:33 AM

Permanently Banned
Redball is by far range the best. And lienne is a way more directly than lorch (dont like it, is too separeted). Steppes is boring, soo big! In fact they are all larges but lienne get the forest.

Best map design for this idea: narrow and long. Please make more of that!
25 Oct 2017, 08:26 AM
Lead Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Oct 2017, 03:33 AMBravus
Redball is by far range the best. And lienne is a way more directly than lorch (dont like it, is too separeted). Steppes is boring, soo big! In fact they are all larges but lienne get the forest.

Best map design for this idea: narrow and long. Please make more of that!

:P

25 Oct 2017, 13:16 PM

Permanently Banned

:P

Will make? Thanks!
25 Oct 2017, 13:23 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Oct 2017, 13:16 PMBravus

Will make? Thanks!

Na as other people already said:

In automatch rank: people don't want to have camp-arty games^^

Sorry
25 Oct 2017, 13:34 PM

DO copy past of COH2 without Forward Retreat Point thats it.
25 Oct 2017, 19:03 PM

Permanently Banned

Na as other people already said:

In automatch rank: people don't want to have camp-arty games^^

Sorry

What hell!?! I play agressive with infantry and tanks attacking and like this tipe of maps...

Like, more firefights, less capture points boring game.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★