Login

russian armor

Production Queue & Upgrades

12 Oct 2017, 20:47 PM

Something I noticed was with infantry, when reinforcing casualties the squad is able to purchase upgrades.

What I would like to replicate is in production buildings have a purchasable upgrade/unlock that can still allow units to be purchased and not have to wait while the unlock is researching/building.

Any ideas on how to do this as the reinforce ability is not something I've been able to locate and reverse enginner(iirc it is locked away by relic?)
12 Oct 2017, 21:39 PM

No idea. Worth to have a look at firefly upgrades though; both of them seem to be able to get researched at the same time.
12 Oct 2017, 21:55 PM

No idea. Worth to have a look at firefly upgrades though; both of them seem to be able to get researched at the same time.

Awesome! I'll start there :)
13 Oct 2017, 02:28 AM

Have a separate reinforce entity that’s invisible. You could probably make a requirement for showing reinforcement or production in the queue as long as there is no research. You could also have the research complete automatically, but take a certain amount of time to come into effect. You could then tie it coming into effect as a separate bar or timer over the HQ.
16 Oct 2017, 08:25 AM

There's no visible difference between the two firefly upgrades and any other upgrades, I've also looked at the sbps and ebps files of the firefly vs a variety of other types and nothing seems to stick out as an obvious reason as to why they would be able to be researched together.
16 Oct 2017, 11:55 AM

There's no visible difference between the two firefly upgrades and any other upgrades, I've also looked at the sbps and ebps files of the firefly vs a variety of other types and nothing seems to stick out as an obvious reason as to why they would be able to be researched together.

You need to really check again. However, the two upgrades might have a different owner. Tank commander upgrade has owner self, whereas the tulip one has "owner: entity within squad".

Also check whether the two upgrades are in ebps or sbps. That might also have a difference you can exploit.

In the wikinger mod, the rifle grenade upgrade (Riflemen) seems to be on a different queue from the reinforcement queue too.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★