Login

russian armor

BEST OKW DOCTRINES ?

12 Oct 2017, 13:03 PM

12 Oct 2017, 13:25 PM

Special Operations against any call in spam doctrine - USF - Armor Company, Soviet - Lend and lease, Counterattack tactics

Scavenge doctrine against UKF or SOV/USF players who don´t go medium call in spam doctrine (anything except those mentioned in Special Ops)

Feuersturm for urban maps
13 Oct 2017, 07:50 AM

Great.

I'm choosing one more doctrine for switching, could you rate the remaining doctrines (always 1vs1).
13 Oct 2017, 10:43 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Breakthrough gives you access to incredibly strong backbone infantry (Panzerfusiliers). These guys are 6-man squads with grenades, AT snare, flares, and G43s. They outclass Volks in every way except in garrison-clearing duties.
Jagdtiger isn't really viable in 1v1, but I've used it before to hard-counter Brits in two scenarios: Churchill+Firefly spam, and Sim City (Emplacements). It requires a TON of support, however.

Luftwaffe gives you cheap Recon (always great to have a heads-up on what your opponent is doing), and Fallschirmjagers, the "poor man's Obers". Glue them to cover (preferably Green Cover) and watch Allied squads melt as they attempt to approach.
However Falls are very squishy, and aside from Valiant Assault (global infantry buff) the doctrine doesn't have much to offer.

Elite Armor is all about the Sturmtiger. Otherwise Signal Relay is useful (Recon is always good), and HEAT shells useful when dealing with Allied heavies/ advanced mediums (IS-2, M26, Churchill, Comet).
The Strumtiger is self-explanatory. You need to have decent supporting AT or you'll get swamped by medium tanks.

Fortifications is very strong if you have a lead in the early and mid game. Plant S-mines everywhere with your Volks and build Tank Traps for cover with your Sturms. Makes your opponent's capping life much harder. Bunkers can be useful to lock down a flank from harassment. The 8.8cm PaK 43 can be very strong against any commander without decent artillery (some commanders that come to mind are Lend Lease, Heavy Cavalry, Vanguard Operations) as it shoots through walls and even ignores smoke. Plus you can 2-shot most allied mediums. 10.5cm leFH 18 is the natural counter to Sim City.

Overwatch is arguably the worst doctrine. While is gives you an insane amount of Recon assets (cap point flares, passive minimap detection, etc) the rest of the doctrine is quite bland.
13 Oct 2017, 10:58 AM

Breakthrough gives you access to incredibly strong backbone infantry (Panzerfusiliers). These guys are 6-man squads with grenades, AT snare, flares, and G43s. They outclass Volks in every way except in garrison-clearing duties.
Jagdtiger isn't really viable in 1v1, but I've used it before to hard-counter Brits in two scenarios: Churchill+Firefly spam, and Sim City (Emplacements). It requires a TON of support, however.

Luftwaffe gives you cheap Recon (always great to have a heads-up on what your opponent is doing), and Fallschirmjagers, the "poor man's Obers". Glue them to cover (preferably Green Cover) and watch Allied squads melt as they attempt to approach.
However Falls are very squishy, and aside from Valiant Assault (global infantry buff) the doctrine doesn't have much to offer.

Elite Armor is all about the Sturmtiger. Otherwise Signal Relay is useful (Recon is always good), and HEAT shells useful when dealing with Allied heavies/ advanced mediums (IS-2, M26, Churchill, Comet).
The Strumtiger is self-explanatory. You need to have decent supporting AT or you'll get swamped by medium tanks.

Fortifications is very strong if you have a lead in the early and mid game. Plant S-mines everywhere with your Volks and build Tank Traps for cover with your Sturms. Makes your opponent's capping life much harder. Bunkers can be useful to lock down a flank from harassment. The 8.8cm PaK 43 can be very strong against any commander without decent artillery (some commanders that come to mind are Lend Lease, Heavy Cavalry, Vanguard Operations) as it shoots through walls and even ignores smoke. Plus you can 2-shot most allied mediums. 10.5cm leFH 18 is the natural counter to Sim City.

Overwatch is arguably the worst doctrine. While is gives you an insane amount of Recon assets (cap point flares, passive minimap detection, etc) the rest of the doctrine is quite bland.

Thx for your answer

1)yeah that's definetly a shame, panzerfus are both strong and cool looking yet the sturmoffizier implies blobbing which i don't like, jadgtiger simply isn't viable and the off map is meh

2)yeah luftwaffe is definetly good

3)i like elite armor because jadgpanzer 4 is a safer investment, it becomes good against heavies.

4)Fortification looks good too

If i'm back on fuel elite seens a good choice because panther seems unviable in fuel disadvantage and i don't want to cheese over command p
Fortification for good early-mid
What's the best doctrine to recover from an early heavy infantry push and make a comeback, scarvenge, luftwaffe or breakthrough ?
13 Oct 2017, 11:23 AM

Great.

I'm choosing one more doctrine for switching, could you rate the remaining doctrines (always 1vs1).

Breaktrough is good for Cheese - 3 kubels into Pfuss spam - good against both USF and UKF. Not so against Sov because they have m3

Defensive doctrine is very good as a punishement tool against doctrines with big tanks without offmap arty - eg vanguard, pershing doc, guard motor, shock frontline. The pak 43 will halt any armor while flak HQ will keep any infantry at bay. Easy way to stall for kingtiger and then practicly win the game because no one can kill your KT when pak 43 is nearby. Lehf artillery just hardcounters any team weapon play so you do not have to worry anything.

Fallshirmjager doctrine is meh. For 100 munnition you´re basicly getting a sprint for all squads because it´s bugged and doesn´t give you offensive bonuses. 250 munny strike is bugged, some planes do not spawn. Falls are only good for 1st time deploy, they are too squishy to be used afterwards, volks are better. Pretty meh doc.

Overwatch - WORST OKW DOCTRINE EVER. Do not use it unless you´re PanzerGrenadierAngriefen

13 Oct 2017, 11:31 AM
Donator 11

Fallshirmjager doctrine is meh. For 100 munnition you´re basicly getting a sprint for all squads because it´s bugged and doesn´t give you offensive bonuses. 250 munny strike is bugged, some planes do not spawn. Falls are only good for 1st time deploy, they are too squishy to be used afterwards, volks are better. Pretty meh doc.

I agree that fall doctrine is not very good, I just would like to point out that the real purpose of the air strike is to spawn a squad without using your small manpower reserves. Best used in the late game when you are close to pop cap (but far enough to get the squad online!) so your manpower income is very low. It is in fact the only ability that gives elite troops for munitions, as well as the only one that doesn't force you to lose models in order to get new ones for muni.
13 Oct 2017, 11:46 AM

Breaktrough is good for Cheese - 3 kubels into Pfuss spam - good against both USF and UKF. Not so against Sov because they have m3

Defensive doctrine is very good as a punishement tool against doctrines with big tanks without offmap arty - eg vanguard, pershing doc, guard motor, shock frontline. The pak 43 will halt any armor while flak HQ will keep any infantry at bay. Easy way to stall for kingtiger and then practicly win the game because no one can kill your KT when pak 43 is nearby. Lehf artillery just hardcounters any team weapon play so you do not have to worry anything.

Overwatch - WORST OKW DOCTRINE EVER. Do not use it unless you´re PanzerGrenadierAngriefen

Oh i didn't know about bugs, yeah another useless doctrine.

And yes, goliath stuck into the worst doctrine ever....

That's the problem breakthrough has
The 2CP limit is truly annoying, breakthrough is a waste of slot, jadgtiger is something i will never use in 1vs1, SO is only good for blobbing, the off map is trash....but that camo....<444>3

13 Oct 2017, 12:00 PM

Oh i didn't know about bugs, yeah another useless doctrine.

And yes, goliath stuck into the worst doctrine ever....

That's the problem breakthrough has
The 2CP limit is truly annoying, breakthrough is a waste of slot, jadgtiger is something i will never use in 1vs1, SO is only good for blobbing, the off map is trash....but that camo....<444>3

Actually breakthrough is very nice cheeky ability. For 35 munnition you can run around map with single wounded squad and decap almost every enemy point.

I once saw a very good player using this ability against me - he was able to decap my fuel, munnition, 2 normal points and VC with single Pfuss squad before I could react becuase the time he needs to decap is almost equal to time which needs squad to run through capping cirle => hunting the nasty decapper is very hard :thumb:
13 Oct 2017, 12:00 PM

I agree that fall doctrine is not very good, I just would like to point out that the real purpose of the air strike is to spawn a squad without using your small manpower reserves. Best used in the late game when you are close to pop cap (but far enough to get the squad online!) so your manpower income is very low. It is in fact the only ability that gives elite troops for munitions, as well as the only one that doesn't force you to lose models in order to get new ones for muni.

I know, but 250 munnition is 8 mines. And I think 8 mines can cause more harm than sigle Fallshirmjager squad ;)
13 Oct 2017, 12:10 PM

Actually breakthrough is very nice cheeky ability. For 35 munnition you can run around map with single wounded squad and decap almost every enemy point.

I once saw a very good player using this ability against me - he was able to decap my fuel, munnition, 2 normal points and VC with single Pfuss squad before I could react becuase the time he needs to decap is almost equal to time which needs squad to run through capping cirle => hunting the nasty decapper is very hard :thumb:

XD well...nice, going to try this one

Still quite underwhelming, not tactical company underwhelming where most of the stuff is "just ok" and minimally benefit you, underwhelming because you are going to use 1/3 of the doctrine in 1vs1.
13 Oct 2017, 17:09 PM
Donator 11

I know, but 250 munnition is 8 mines. And I think 8 mines can cause more harm than sigle Fallshirmjager squad ;)

Mines are definitely munitions best spent, even though you need to waste some time of your sturms to place them. Still, there are many abilities that cost around or over 200 munitions, yet they manage to deal more than 440 mp damage only if shooting at static emplacements. If there was an ability that killed one chosen infantry squad, including elite like falls, shocks and obers, for 250 muni, I think many would use it and it would be often called imballanced. This ability does something like that but it adds a unit instead of killing enemy unit.
13 Oct 2017, 22:20 PM

Mines are definitely munitions best spent, even though you need to waste some time of your sturms to place them. Still, there are many abilities that cost around or over 200 munitions, yet they manage to deal more than 440 mp damage only if shooting at static emplacements. If there was an ability that killed one chosen infantry squad, including elite like falls, shocks and obers, for 250 muni, I think many would use it and it would be often called imballanced. This ability does something like that but it adds a unit instead of killing enemy unit.

The comparison isn't quite the same though, as losing squads entails losing vet and possibly heavy munitions investment. From the falls drop ability, you get a vet0 squad so it's not quite the same as wiping say, a vet3 rifle squad with double bars or vet5 volks with stgs. Just wanted to point that out, and its for sure not a bad ability.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★