Login

russian armor

17-pounder facing indicator

10 Oct 2017, 11:07 AM

The facing indicator for team weapons is the yellow-ish cone that shows which direction the gun is pointing towards. The indicator works just fine for Pak43. However, I can't get it to work for the 17 pounder.

The emplacement squad consists of the gun nest (which is the destructible part of the emplacement), and the gun part, which receives the attack commands.

- I've already added the ui_facing parameters for the 17 pounder gun, but it doesn't work
- If I add facing parameters to the pit, the direction shows. However, this doesn't get updated when the gun rotates

Has anybody figured out how to fix this?
10 Oct 2017, 23:12 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I think I found the problem. If you go to the 17 pounder gun EBPs, UI_ext go to selection_type and set it to squad_select from no_select. I figured it out, eventually, because my recent mod has the 17 pounder pit for the 25 pounder arty piece which had the aiming cone. So from there, I knew it was the gun and not the pit. Then it was left to comparing the two.
12 Oct 2017, 13:57 PM

Many thanks. I'll try it out soon!
29 Oct 2017, 14:30 PM

I think I found the problem. If you go to the 17 pounder gun EBPs, UI_ext go to selection_type and set it to squad_select from no_select. I figured it out, eventually, because my recent mod has the 17 pounder pit for the 25 pounder arty piece which had the aiming cone. So from there, I knew it was the gun and not the pit. Then it was left to comparing the two.

So, I tried the solution and it mostly works. Except for one thing:

Apparently, if I set squad_select to the 17 pounder gun, it no longer becomes possible to select the squad garrisoned inside it :(

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★