Login

russian armor

COH1 and COH2?

• This thread is locked
PAGES (3)down
17 Oct 2017, 20:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Oct 2017, 22:21 PMTobis
I'm not saying the game runs well. I would definitely expect a higher framerate on my current hardware than what I get, but acting like it actually hinders gameplay is just wrong.

I have a very high end system and the game runs a good 100+ fps when the match starts and progressively gets worse as game goes on for whatever reason. Panning the camera around in this game is a sluggish, stuttery mess like in Hearts of Iron year 1945 on 4-5x speed....a complete joke for a "competitive" rts.
17 Oct 2017, 21:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Oct 2017, 16:09 PMRa11

HAHA, made my day :D

In my opinion, CoH 1 is much better game.

Strategic better game, and u need much more micro in high level play!

And with the most important strategic decision: "do i get 2 snipers, do i get 2 snipers or do i spam 3 snipers... hmm....?"
17 Oct 2017, 21:20 PM

And with the most important strategic decision: "do i get 2 snipers, do i get 2 snipers or do i spam 3 snipers... hmm....?"

You never caught on to how brittle sniper heavy strats are did you?
17 Oct 2017, 21:28 PM

every strat in that game at its later lifecycle was a sniper heavy strat.
17 Oct 2017, 22:00 PM

every strat in that game at its later lifecycle was a sniper heavy strat.

And they were very brittle strats. I dunno, I never stopped watching people play vcoh and haven't found sniper strats to be consistently reliable unless versus an opposing fronts faction, for which I have no sympathy whatsoever.
17 Oct 2017, 22:31 PM

And they were very brittle strats. I dunno, I never stopped watching people play vcoh and haven't found sniper strats to be consistently reliable unless versus an opposing fronts faction, for which I have no sympathy whatsoever.
the question of reliability wasnt existent. you had to spam snipers to stay competetive because their bullshit design was just OP and lame.
the game basically consisted of defending your snipers with stuff and the right mine usage.
18 Oct 2017, 00:06 AM

the question of reliability wasnt existent. you had to spam snipers to stay competetive because their bullshit design was just OP and lame.
the game basically consisted of defending your snipers with stuff and the right mine usage.

Mines did win games. :D

I hear you though, my sniper micro was never enough to penetrate the highest levels of CoH1 rankings. But I always did find that sniper spam was pretty containable, and less of an issue than I found things like bike pushing. But I also played more 2v2 than 1v1, so that was a pretty different experience strategy-wise.

But then again, the British faction alone kept me from competing as either Axis faction, probably more than PE itself kept me from succeeding with PE. :D I used to alt-f4 all the time v 2.601 Brits. :P
18 Oct 2017, 02:42 AM

Disregard Donnie aka ZeroShiftReloaded, he was above average and by no means a vcoh metacyclopedia. Snipers could've used a little tweaking no doubt but every single COH2 patch I have played has had something equally or more problematic. There's a reason SNF wasn't airborne+snipers vs bikes+snipers every game.
19 Oct 2017, 00:06 AM

More like He never l2p, but l2whine.
19 Oct 2017, 00:10 AM

Disregard Donnie aka ZeroShiftReloaded, he was above average and by no means a vcoh metacyclopedia. Snipers could've used a little tweaking no doubt but every single COH2 patch I have played has had something equally or more problematic. There's a reason SNF wasn't airborne+snipers vs bikes+snipers every game.

^ this. End of story.
Every high level player agreed the game was balanced perfectly before they closed the books.
I don't see anyone spamming snipers is beating DevM/Aimstrong/Alijaz and countless others (nor see them doing sniper spam), and definitely NOT Donnie Mr.Playercard.

Coh 1 is on every level better.

Better gameplay, design, tactics/strategy, commanders;
GRAPHICS if you get mods and still runs perfectly on outdated Intel Graphics laptops.
And it doesnt fucking MEMORY-LEAK all over like CoH 2.

19 Oct 2017, 05:46 AM

The fact that there's so much disagreement on which was the better game is the depressing part. CoH1 was an amazing game, but it had its fair share of flaws. Things like HQ trucks, zombie bunkers, Wehr and Brit Vet etc. While these were only faction design issues, there wasn't a feasible way to address these without a major overhaul.

CoH2 was the perfect opportunity to address the weaknesses of CoH1 and add some QoL improvements to make the ultimate RTS. Instead, half the mistakes from CoH1 were repeated (e.g. X faction wins early, Y faction wins late). Somehow the faction design was even worse, with OH the only decent faction because they largely emulated the basic style of Wehr. Granted there were some great QoL improvements (R-move, squad icons), but there were also some dubious ones (vaulting) and some that are so obviously un-fun it boggles the mind how they made it to release (ColdTech, abandon). Many of these issues could have been addressed through relatively minor fixes but inconsistent post-release support prevented that.

That's not even mentioning the campaigns. Imo vCoH was the only good campaign. OF missions were bland spamfests aside from one or two good missions. ToV was a good concept let down by half-assed execution. CoH2 campaign was another missed opportunity - some interest mission concepts let down by again, half-assed execution and a laughable bad and cliche story.
19 Oct 2017, 06:59 AM

Dawn of War 2 is ten times better than Dawn of War 1, that's coming from me who has played the game since Dawn of War 1 ages.

And today, I still value CoH1 than CoH2.

Players have their own judgement. Nostagia means nothing (otherwise, people here would rate RA2 or Starcraft over CoH games).

It's not just nostalgia, the games made it differently.

In theory every successor should do what the previous did, but better, but it's not the case here.

The case here is that the original did things one way which was to the liking of lots of people, but then instead of taking that award winning formula they decided to twist it and make money out of it, instead of an awesome unforgettable experience.

I am sorry but CoH had more character in it's Armies and units and have a better campaign, and that's a fact.

It's just obvious as the day that Relic wanted to go competitive e-sports since day 1 with CoH2 while making a ton of money on the side, how would they risk and experiment with the failure that was DoW 3 if they didn't have the funds from the DLCs then? They'd go bankrupt and that's exactly why they did it.
15 Dec 2017, 18:58 PM

Ok haven't checked out this thread in months and some of you like to be satly and insult other.So i will just point of a simple fact ,yes I love Coh1 ,those who said that Coh2 is only for noob and Coh1 is better then Coh2 just go here.

http://steamcharts.com/search/?q=Company+of+Heroes

Want a picture?Here you go https://imgur.com/a/tfsoD

Number said it all 13000 compare to 1800 wow i wonder why Coh1 is so far away?might had something to do with some of you who just being toxic calling other people who play other version of the game noob,and stupid lol.Try to hide the fact,sad.

@A.Sodier "it's just that your age is showing really badly and what acceptable to you is really twisted" nice,really nice my age is showing badly whatever that mean.
I still don't get how does age had anything to do in this thread ,what is this?So i am younger then you ,that made me stupid right?how i can't tell that i'm being cheated by a company who made the game that i enjoy playing?
Guess most people who still play CoH series are twisted this day

P.S want competitive gameplay?https://www.youtube.com/user/WmDHelpingHans/videos check Hans out he always seem to never had lag or maybe Lag never effect him but i doubt it since he always play so smoothly,the guy live stream why playing COH2 so if the game require such high tech then what PC could he be using in order to both play the game smoothly and at the same time streaming?Alien tech XD?.
And btw this is CoH1 pro player too PumaKing right?So if you had FPS problem,it is likely due to server connection as for PC if not then i give up never happened to me even though i just run the game as high not ultra.And i am playing from Asian btw.
15 Dec 2017, 19:18 PM

I don't think there's any reason to keep this thread going given it's just a war between fans of either game and not doing anything to bridge the "divide".
PAGES (3)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS