Login

russian armor

Relic working on Age of Empires 4

PAGES (11)down
22 Aug 2017, 09:38 AM

Really?? Jesus fucking Christ.. I want COH3 not AOE4...
22 Aug 2017, 10:45 AM

I don't understand :

Relic = SEGA Dev

Age Of Empires = Microsoft IP

?? how is that possible
22 Aug 2017, 11:08 AM

I play AoE3. I'm terrified by the idea of a new impementation on the homecity system.
In the homecity system you build a deck of call ins, be it resources, modifications to building properties, unlocking exclusive techs, unique upgrades to units and of course, unit call ins.

In AoE3 your decks had limits depending on the Homecity lvl (because each individual homecity, one for each civ, gains in game experience). There were card locked behind lvl25 and lvl 45, the last one being the most gamechanging ones, like one that allows the russians to build cannons from their barracks or turned every light infantry unit (a really cheap and spamable one with call ins that numbered 11 or 17 of them) into musketeers, heavy infantry.

This is currently bypassed by a XPmod that grant your homecities lvl 100, without affecting your player stats (that are tied to your account not your civ)

With the current trends of the gaming industry we could end up paying for new cards the same we pay for doctrines now, or worse, end up in a reward rulete like the new loot boxes trend
22 Aug 2017, 12:08 PM

Tbh still shaken and disapointed after dow3. Not much hope fore it.
Dow3 is so fixated on becoming a tournament game, and by doing that they dumbed it down alot.
If it's aoe set during ww2, they could just as well call it coh3.
My guess, it spans a bigger timeline. (Like EE and CiV)
22 Aug 2017, 12:38 PM

Permanently Banned
I don't understand :

Relic = SEGA Dev

?? how is that possible

+1
22 Aug 2017, 12:47 PM

Easy, Microsoft paid off Sega to borrow Relic.
22 Aug 2017, 13:27 PM

I don't understand :

Relic = SEGA Dev

?? how is that possible

Halo wars 2
22 Aug 2017, 13:35 PM

Holy shit, i was so hyped for another AOE after enjoying so much when i was a kid.
Can't believe Relic Entertainement is involved in this master piece, Why did microsoft thought it would be a good idea to involve these peasants, especially after they fcked up so hard on dow3 ?

Still, i'm interested to see how Relic turn Age of empire into a MOBA, just like they did on dow3.
22 Aug 2017, 13:53 PM
Senior Referee Badge

Someone should screen shot this thread in case AoE4 becomes an amazing game.
Have a little bit of faith kids :foreveralone:
22 Aug 2017, 14:21 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Someone should screen shot this thread in case AoE4 becomes an amazing game.
Have a little bit of faith kids :foreveralone:

I'm excited for new AoE, fearful because Lelic, and disappointed because no CoH3 :snfQuinn:
22 Aug 2017, 14:43 PM

Don't know how to feel, excited to see one of my favorites games ever new episode (but in which setting and with what a resource system, so many questions) or disappointed that this delays/scratches off COH3!

Never saw that coming!!!

Edit: I just read that it's going to be available only on Windows Store and possibly only for PC.
Nothing about the setting yet, the sure thing is that it's not going to be in the future.

22 Aug 2017, 15:18 PM

Could be good, could be bad. Only time will tell!
22 Aug 2017, 16:27 PM

Edit: I just read that it's going to be available only on Windows Store and possibly only for PC.

What did you except exactly ?
Age of empire would be a joke on a console and MICROSOFT is not going to release their game on MAC or LINUX :lol:

Mac is owned by apple.
Linux is a third world computer system, no one is using it because it sucks.
22 Aug 2017, 16:39 PM
Patrion 14

School yourself
22 Aug 2017, 16:46 PM
Patrion 14

I don't understand :

Relic = SEGA Dev

?? how is that possible

Bill Gates waddles to Sega HQ with a bag of money and say the following : "Hello you industrialist little fellows. I have this dank AF IP called Age of Empires. I fucked up making the third one so I want to nail the 4th one. I was top 10 Panzer Elite back in the day so I know THQ can make ace RTS games. How many bags of my crisp American Dorra's do you need so I can use THQ to make my fourth instalment of Age of Empires?"

Bill then proceeds to hand over the agreed upon amount of American Dorra's and the industrialist little fellows send a carrier raven north of the Southern Wall to Vancouver. There John Duffy reads the scroll that informs him he can start working on AoE4. He had to send a carrier raven back to Sega carrying 15 signed NDA's in order to conform with Sega's legal team.

Meanwhile the industrialist little fellows go "rorororororo we tricked the imperialist Sjpion into thinking we gave him THQ."

It was reported that Bill Gates donated 75% of his savings to his charity out of anger when he found out THQ is no more and Sega ordered Relic to work on AoE4.

Another consipracy can be that Sega fucked up their NDA agreement with both Relic AND Microsoft so they themselves had no idea what they were doing. Legend has it Sega thought it was a new Sonic game.
22 Aug 2017, 17:26 PM

So many ways this can go wrong before even adding the relic factor. most notably if is in the same old school rts style of micro-management sim. They need to find a way to keep the heart of aoe while updating it at the same time. add in relic whose rts games have much less economic elements compared to the aoe series and most likely a more modern setting and there is a lot that can go wrong. However there is also a lot that could go right, this could be the shot in the arm rts needs, not sure relic is capable of that though. Most likely though this may be relics biggest budgets ever and they will have learned from dow 3. The only question is what did they learn?
22 Aug 2017, 17:47 PM

age of empires with integrated destructible cover system? Yes please. Be interesting if they implemented something like a coh cover system and then allow us to go from the dark age to the modern age utilizing the cover system through out the ages.

Maybe that's too complicated to make though hehe
22 Aug 2017, 18:36 PM

age of empires with integrated destructible cover system? Yes please. Be interesting if they implemented something like a coh cover system and then allow us to go from the dark age to the modern age utilizing the cover system through out the ages.

Maybe that's too complicated to make though hehe

For a very very long time there was a realistic mobile cover system called shields, I'm sure it will make a return in AoE4.
22 Aug 2017, 18:44 PM

Maybe this AoE4 could be a CoH like game who cover the era of the WW1, WW2 and modern times.

EDIT: My bad I did not see the other topic :S
22 Aug 2017, 19:22 PM

What did you except exactly ?
Age of empire would be a joke on a console and MICROSOFT is not going to release their game on MAC or LINUX :lol:

Mac is owned by apple.

I didn't expect anything, I just posted what I read earlier. So chill my friend.
And about Linux, what Von Kluge said.
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight