Login

russian armor

Factional Showdown: Brits vs. Wehrmacht

A_E
14 Aug 2017, 18:41 PM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

This Sunday four of you will be selected to compete for prestige, honour, and respect (also £20) in a Brits vs. Wehrmacht mini-tournament on Crossroads.

To sign up resond this thread and and declare either for Wehrmacht or for Brits.

E.g. "declare for Brits!" or "declare for Wehr!"

You will play entirely as the faction you declare for in a best-of-one semi-final, and a best-of-three final. Do not sign up if you cannot play. (There will be a waiting list).

Also link your playercard.

Selection.

Then on Friday four players will be chosen: the two top automatch ranked sign-ups for each faction will be selected to play.

Seed 1 of Brits will face seed 2 of Wehr and vice-versa. If we get the same faction winning in semis the final will involve a coin toss and both players taking turns with each faction. VP leader decides which faction in decider.

The tournament will start this Sunday at 17:00 GMT/ 18:00 BST/ 19:00 CEST with best-of-one semi-final and a best-of-three final

All games on Crossroads (new version) under Fall Balance Patch conditions.

(In future selection criteria may differ to give mid-ranks a better chance).

Edit: was originally a two man straight final, increased it to a four-man mini-tournament.

As funded on Patreon - Good luck and God speed.
14 Aug 2017, 18:54 PM
14 Aug 2017, 20:06 PM

Would love to see USF featured in the one following this Sunday. Think a lot of people would like to see the newly buffed Jackson in action! Looking forward to maybe seeing the new Mortar Pit and Brace in action as well though for sure~
14 Aug 2017, 21:47 PM
14 Aug 2017, 22:06 PM
15 Aug 2017, 09:00 AM
15 Aug 2017, 09:51 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Aug 2017, 18:41 PMA_E
This Sunday two of you will be selected to compete for prestige, honour, and respect (also £10) in a best-of-three Brits vs. Wehrmacht show-match on Crossorads.

A_E's Patreon Invitational Sunday Showdown is ironing out its format and kicking it into the next gear.

Will you do a new post like this every week, or leave it in this thread. I'd like to declare but I'm not available for the next couple of weeks so I'd like to know where I should go when I'm ready to sign up. Cheers
A_E
15 Aug 2017, 11:02 AM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

Will you do a new post like this every week, or leave it in this thread. I'd like to declare but I'm not available for the next couple of weeks so I'd like to know where I should go when I'm ready to sign up. Cheers

New thread new factions next thread/event will be first week of September
15 Aug 2017, 16:22 PM
15 Aug 2017, 18:40 PM

Declare Brits

(Player card can be seen clearly)
15 Aug 2017, 22:32 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

With the increase to 4 players, which match gets casted, and what happens if both brit (or both wehr) players win their matches. Will the finals be a mirror match? Will the higher seed get to stay on their faction and the lower seed have to switch?
A_E
16 Aug 2017, 06:32 AM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

With the increase to 4 players, which match gets casted, and what happens if both brit (or both wehr) players win their matches. Will the finals be a mirror match? Will the higher seed get to stay on their faction and the lower seed have to switch?

No matches mirror matches and viewers decide which match gets casted. Seed 1 allies vs seed 2 axis and vice versa in semis.
16 Aug 2017, 08:48 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Aug 2017, 06:32 AMA_E

No matches mirror matches and viewers decide which match gets casted. Seed 1 allies vs seed 2 axis and vice versa in semis.

But if, for example, the seed 1 wehr player and the seed 2 wehr player both win their semifinal matches, then how do you determine who plays which faction in the finals?
16 Aug 2017, 09:19 AM
Senior Referee Badge

But if, for example, the seed 1 wehr player and the seed 2 wehr player both win their semifinal matches, then how do you determine who plays which faction in the finals?

And in case one brit and one ostheer win the semi-finals, will the finals then be a bo3 of the same player constantly (all the games in the final) playing brits and the other player constantly (all the games in the final)?
A_E
16 Aug 2017, 09:34 AM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

And in case one brit and one ostheer win the semi-finals, will the finals then be a bo3 of the same player constantly (all the games in the final) playing brits and the other player constantly (all the games in the final)?

Good question in that case we hit the panic button engage operation Zulu Flying Eagle. Nah if that happens we have a coin toss situation and both get chance to play on their faction once VP leader decides in ace game etc.
16 Aug 2017, 13:47 PM
17 Aug 2017, 17:23 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

So i'm guessing this is going to be live-streamed? Wish I could join but im too much of a low-level pleb compared to the other chaps here.
A_E
17 Aug 2017, 17:38 PM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Aug 2017, 17:23 PMLugie
So i'm guessing this is going to be live-streamed? Wish I could join but im too much of a low-level pleb compared to the other chaps here.

Oh yeah this Sunday 5pm GMT on twitch.tv/aecoh
A_E
18 Aug 2017, 17:42 PM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

Players selected and Brackets for this Sunday are up.

Also tournament series name is now: Factional Showdown.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

United Kingdom 149
unknown 4
unknown 1
United States 22

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %