Login

russian armor

Buff the Storm Tiger pls!!!

17 Aug 2017, 07:07 AM

It's not just ostheer that gets wiped by indirect fire. Happens to everybody with pretty much any indirect fire platform (mayyyybe not soviet mortar) if there's more than one and the squad is clumped. And let's not forget that ostheer has basically the best mortar.

Yup sure. Not like models per Squad has a huge effect on surviving indirect fire, and we all know all factions have the same model count...r..right?
17 Aug 2017, 11:57 AM

Ost clearly has the best mortar, no matter how units clump.
17 Aug 2017, 14:03 PM

Yup sure. Not like models per Squad has a huge effect on surviving indirect fire, and we all know all factions have the same model count...r..right?

Yup sure. And at the same time we all know all factions has same stats for their indirect fire!!! sure!!! that is why the soviet mortar is as faster as the OST one firing rounds ...r...right?

and of course, brit engineers have same number of models than volks yes??? and USF assault engineers have same number of models than pfussies ....r...right? yeah, poor axis factions, they are the only ones with 4 models squads.

17 Aug 2017, 14:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Aug 2017, 14:03 PMFul4n0

Yup sure. And at the same time we all know all factions has same stats for their indirect fire!!! sure!!! that is why the soviet mortar is as faster as the OST one firing rounds ...r...right?

and of course, brit engineers have same number of models than volks yes??? and USF assault engineers have same number of models than pfussies ....r...right?

Comparing pioneers with (doctrinal) mainline infantry..:facepalm:

Soviet mortar is an outliner, how about mortar pit, pak howie, scott, 120mm mortar ,katjusha, calliope, lolmatress hm?

They are on par if not more effective than ost indirect fire..but of course at your elo you probably play versus armies of assault engineers and royal engineers (you even fail to see that they can be upgraded to a 5th man:facepalm: )
17 Aug 2017, 15:17 PM

Soviet mortar is an outliner, how about mortar pit, pak howie, scott, 120mm mortar ,katjusha, calliope, lolmatress hm?

They are on par if not more effective than ost indirect fire..but of course at your elo you probably play versus armies of assault engineers and royal engineers (you even fail to see that they can be upgraded to a 5th man:facepalm: )

we are talking about whiping 4 model squads with indirect fire.....yeah, mainline infantry, muahahha great scape door for you.....

and yeah, you don´t like comparing pios with mainline infantry, but have no problems comparing late game rocket arty that cost a ton of fuel with the OST mortar, yeah man...keep trying....

my elo, lol, I don´t need to play this game to realice how wrong you are.....but yeah, my elo is really low, hope this helps you....
17 Aug 2017, 15:58 PM

What can engineers not ever get wiped? Oh, and they're 100% free to replace and veterancy doesn't matter at all for them, that's right. Mortar pit, pak howie, scott, and 120mm are all wayyy more expensive than the ostheer mortar and come way later. Scott is also comparable to brummbar, which is more expensive but has more hp and a bigger gun but shorter range. The brummbar also has pinpoint attack ground accuracy. LM is arguably worse than other rocket arty because it's super unresponsive, and they made the rockets take a reasonable amount of time to unload. The other stuff is basically better than their counterparts.

Even disregarding model count, squads can still clump and easily be wiped out by indirect fire if you leave them alone.
17 Aug 2017, 16:02 PM

In team format:

Sturm tiger + flares = Choice of targets and too easy kills for a serious game.
17 Aug 2017, 19:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Aug 2017, 15:17 PMFul4n0

we are talking about whiping 4 model squads with indirect fire.....yeah, mainline infantry, muahahha great scape door for you.....

and yeah, you don´t like comparing pios with mainline infantry, but have no problems comparing late game rocket arty that cost a ton of fuel with the OST mortar, yeah man...keep trying....

my elo, lol, I don´t need to play this game to realice how wrong you are.....but yeah, my elo is really low, hope this helps you....

i never compared anything to ost mortar (quote me where i said "ost mortar"). Indirect fire was the word i used, the rest was made up in your own (wierd) mind to justify somwthing. isnt that funny?:clap:

and of course wiping pios is as important as wiping mainline infantry (and dont even count the fact that mainline infantry is 3x to 4x more present on the battlefield, because you know they are mainline infantry.)
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
18 Aug 2017, 08:07 AM

ST is a unit which miss or kill.

look to the cpounterparts from allies, which spam rockets about a wide area and hit definitly somne sqauds ...only shot in the fog of war...u will hit something on the frontline.

st need to be really in shoot range from all at to the front, is slow, have no turrent, aim a long time is loud as fu ck, is in a useless commander, need a view to the target to hit something and after the shoot it need to back to base (in slowmotion) and reload 45sek. than..it comes back to front and search after target.

it need really much micro....not so allies indirect fire...fire into the enemy base..u will kill mostly 1-2 squads.

look to avre...very mobil, turrent, can reload on driving around, and has good commanders
20 Aug 2017, 07:10 AM

One-shot random i kill everything have no place in a serious strategic game like COH2.

This thing move way too fast. It's such a common sight these days...why? it's op and i want to win at all cost !!!!

Seriously :

If because of the sound it make, it would be shown in the fog of war on the map then it would be better balanced.

It should be one shot kill the blob. Blobbers should be punished this way for not microing and spreading out. The same reason why an allies arty shot should wipe axis player who blobs.
20 Aug 2017, 07:11 AM

I don't see it ever outside of teamgames. It's too huge of an investment in 1v1. Yeah you might get lucky on the first shot and wipe a blob but against a good player that doesn't blob it's not that great because it fires literally once every two minute or so. The reload time is around 45s I think but the fact that it can be decrewed and stolen very easily while reloading means you have to drive it back first, yadda yadda. Also in 1v1 if you can afford the (230?) fuel into a unit that fire every two minutes, you've probably won anyhow.

To be honest regardless of buffs or nerfs, while it's fun to use and has that jaw-dropping WOW COOL factor, it really shouldn't be in this game. Squad preservation for veterancy is an integral mechanic to Coh2 and the Sturmtiger by design is a veterancy wiper. I know demo charges have been in the game since vanilla but those are more just a punish for not using a sweeper, and require forethought and planning instead of just rolling up to an area and wiping a squad or two and rolling back out.

But I think lowering the range and increasing the lethal radius/damage would be cool. It shouldn't be able to fire out of fog of war, especially past shotblockers. Instead of being a surprise wipe assassin, make it like a 'roided-up Brummbar/Crocodile/Kv-8: roll up to AT guns, blobs, whatever, and be tanky enough to facetank shots while threatening wipes. At least the 3 mentioned above give some reaction time, some breathing room to the infantry under assault. If your opponent keeps blobbing close enough to your Sturmtiger or doesn't move his support weapons out of the way when he sees it, fine, he deserves to have them all wiped. But you shouldn't lose squads to a rocket coming out of nowhere magically phasing through a house or such.

Bonus clip: I thought all hope was lost and I would lose my shiny new Sturmtiger, but then I remembered from the P-47 loiter discussion thread that the Ju87 doesn't self-spot, thankfully. https://streamable.com/snbl9

+1
20 Aug 2017, 07:30 AM

i never compared anything to ost mortar (quote me where i said "ost mortar"). Indirect fire was the word i used, the rest was made up in your own (wierd) mind to justify somwthing. isnt that funny?:clap:

and of course wiping pios is as important as wiping mainline infantry (and dont even count the fact that mainline infantry is 3x to 4x more present on the battlefield, because you know they are mainline infantry.)
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

So you still can't come to terms with the fact that a) brits have to upgrade for a 5th man b) squad clumping is still a thing for allied squads c) okw exists.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★