Login

russian armor

Feasible to go both t1 and t2 in teamgames?

6 Aug 2017, 00:51 AM

I feel a lot more comfortable with a t1 opener because I've practiced it plenty in 1v1, plus I just love having a scout car to rape Kubels/garrisons/any infantry without a faust. That or dropping off Penals behind a bunker, Penals chuck a satchel, hop back in.

However I feel very vulnerable to Luchs/flamer HT rush, especially since I don't have Cons with AT nades/ATG. Unless we dominated both fuels, a t70/su76 comes out too late.

So is it viable to go t1 then transition to t2 later instead of rushing for t3? Also, what about keeping a single Con squad around just to have a snare when needed?
6 Aug 2017, 07:13 AM

It makes sense if you want to be independent in random games. If you're in a team or you have a cooperating random teammate I would suggest relying on your teammate's support when it comes to AT and just rush T3. You'll have to work together when the FHT/Luchs comes out so you're probably gonna lose some map control but thats worth it imo.

Also don't forget the Penal's AT Rifles.
6 Aug 2017, 07:41 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Aug 2017, 07:13 AMGiaA

Also don't forget the Penal's AT Rifles.

Is it ever worth it to upgrade to PTRS? You gimp your Penals' AI for the rest of the game, especially on the move.
6 Aug 2017, 08:26 AM

Is it ever worth it to upgrade to PTRS? You gimp your Penals' AI for the rest of the game, especially on the move.

I'm honestly not even sure how they affect the AI damage of the squad. They used to do really well against Infantry back in the day but they obviously got nerfed at some point.
7 Aug 2017, 04:14 AM

Don't forget about guards. They scare the bejeesus out of luchs and 222s and still perform well against infantry, as long as you're aggressive enough that you can get 2cp before luchs or 222 rolls.
7 Aug 2017, 20:04 PM

I feel a lot more comfortable with a t1 opener because I've practiced it plenty in 1v1, plus I just love having a scout car to rape Kubels/garrisons/any infantry without a faust. That or dropping off Penals behind a bunker, Penals chuck a satchel, hop back in.

However I feel very vulnerable to Luchs/flamer HT rush, especially since I don't have Cons with AT nades/ATG. Unless we dominated both fuels, a t70/su76 comes out too late.

So is it viable to go t1 then transition to t2 later instead of rushing for t3? Also, what about keeping a single Con squad around just to have a snare when needed?

The spare con still needs investment for that at nade, and one con can't be everywhere.

I find t1 into t2 to be viable if and only if you don't have, or think you'll have, the fuel for an su76 or t70.

Either way you'll likely only be going t2 for the zis. The maxim and mortar, however, are still useful options when your opponent is most likely taking an all in strategy and not deviating from a predetermined build order. It's a worthwhile option strategically speaking.

I often build t2 at some point regardless of build order when playing soviets in teamgames.

Ptrs on cons, penals, or guards aren't a good idea unless you've already been crushing your opponents resource income and their luchs or 222s are their hail Mary attempt to get some field presence.

This was the condition on most games before the last few patches because penals were hilariously more broken at the time. That's what made the ptrs so viable.
7 Aug 2017, 22:31 PM

Yes it is, if you have enough squads and you don't upgrade them all. three penals and enough munitions can reliably kill a panther if it's unsupported. Two can sort out any light vehicles and really put the hurt on mediums
30 Nov 2017, 02:34 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Aug 2017, 08:26 AMGiaA

I'm honestly not even sure how they affect the AI damage of the squad. They used to do really well against Infantry back in the day but they obviously got nerfed at some point.

Guard ptrs vs Penal ptrs. The only difference is accuracy -- the penal version has under a quarter of the accuracy of the guards version. Against vehicles, this doesn't matter very much -- even .06 accuracy is enough to hit a 222 100% of the time. However, the terrible accuracy of the penal version means that it does bad against infantry. On the other hand, the guards version can hit infantry to an extent, and guards can get double dp28s for more ai power.
http://stat.coh2.hu/weapon.php?filename=penal_ptrs_41_mp vs http://stat.coh2.hu/weapon.php?filename=guard_troop_ptrs_41_mp

source: not my own, some person on steam forums
1 Jan 2018, 14:00 PM

Tier 1 all the way man, be aggressive enough and rush that Su-76. Penals backed by Su76s is crazy good.

I run 4 penals and end up upgrading 1 to the anti tank package. Yes, it will gimp them vs infantry for the rest of the game. But when you rush in a penal w/ AT rifle to throw a satchel on a vehicle, and back them by Su76s you cause the enemy to squirm, rush their tanks back, meanwhile the su76s are popping shots!

Sometimes I backtrack and go Tier 2 just to get some machine guns... but you can also go Lend Lease and get some DHSK ( a real mans machine gun) or just go get the meatchopper (M5 w/ upgrade)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★