Login

russian armor

Why Only allies run with no cover problem

3 Aug 2017, 20:19 PM

Permanently Banned
If i dont put my sturm and volks at green, they die at eve shot, allies dont, why allies are superior into need for speed running into face? Because german tanks are better?

I need a double spam compared to allies squads for be like a starcraft killer.

And need be super careful, covers and move positions constantly for dont get ripped. When allies can forget a squad with red cover for couple seconds with no problem!

This problem of gameplay is since game launch, with wermach too. They put weak armor for german infantry cause tanks are a way better for the nazis.

Soo this game is all made for balance it balance that, and forget all tru aspects of war, tactics, positions, covers, firearms, equipments, tanks, rng and calls its better than tactics, p2w rip the game.

Like 128mm gun worst than 88mm for infantry, what fock, if they kill a tank, why dont kill a infantry when the 128mm shot down on the foot??? LOL! Balance! And dont forget about gps mortars... Soo boring.

I hope for sudden strike 4 dont be a crap arcade engine like that. RIP coh2, and coh3, will be like this too i think, call of duty fans will love !!!
3 Aug 2017, 20:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Aug 2017, 20:19 PMBravus
Soo this game is all made for balance it balance that, and forget all tru aspects of war, tactics, positions, covers, firearms, equipments, tanks, rng and calls its better than tactics, p2w rip the game.

Like 128mm gun worst than 88mm for infantry, what fock, if they kill a tank, why dont kill a infantry when the 128mm shot down on the foot??? LOL! Balance! And dont forget about gps mortars... Soo boring.

I know right? Relic needs to add in food supply, bullets, hell... turn this into men of war right now!!!
3 Aug 2017, 21:18 PM

Muh ELITE isn't much ELITE as I want it to be.

Dude, you won't like realism if you'll face real fragmentation effect of ML-20 or B-4. Like... infantry die in radius of full screen away from explosion.
3 Aug 2017, 21:59 PM
Senior Caster Badge
Patrion 39

Are you asking why do units that are worse at long range need to be better at closing the distance? How is this even a question?
3 Aug 2017, 22:21 PM
Donator 11

Muh ELITE isn't much ELITE as I want it to be.

Dude, you won't like realism if you'll face real fragmentation effect of ML-20 or B-4. Like... infantry die in radius of full screen away from explosion.

While we are at realism of explosions: What I always found funny in video games is how granades work there. Compared to throwing range of about 30 meters, real ww2 granade death range (aoe near) is between 5-15 meters and safe range (aoe far) is around 100 meters. Yes, over 3 times the throwing range if you have no cover. Imagine that in coh2 :lol:
3 Aug 2017, 23:12 PM

While we are at realism of explosions: What I always found funny in video games is how granades work there. Compared to throwing range of about 30 meters, real ww2 granade death range (aoe near) is between 5-15 meters and safe range (aoe far) is around 100 meters. Yes, over 3 times the throwing range if you have no cover. Imagine that in coh2 :lol:

Eh, this isn't totally the case. Sure, in some crazy circumstance, a grenade could kill you at 100m, but a lot depends of the situation. 5m is a realistic figure and even that isn't a guarantee.

If you want to make it more realistic, grenade tosses into buildings or trenches should be far more devastating than those in the open... And cover should only mitigate damage if it's between the grenade and the models, not based on the throw path as it is now.
3 Aug 2017, 23:33 PM

I do notice, all armies except for OH are able to carelessly roam the field (blob) and isn't punish as they should be.

I what happens is as well is that with the amount of rocket artillery, yellow cover becomes plenty late game just giving units rediculas survivability especially with vet 3.

Which leads to the next deal, of wiping a squad is usually due to AOE weapons/forgetting the squad.

Which in OH case, less time to forget a squad before death
AOE weapons more leathal against 4 man squads
3 Aug 2017, 23:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Aug 2017, 20:19 PMBravus
If i dont put my sturm and volks at green, they die at eve shot, allies dont, why allies are superior into need for speed running into face? Because german tanks are better?

I need a double spam compared to allies squads for be like a starcraft killer.

And need be super careful, covers and move positions constantly for dont get ripped. When allies can forget a squad with red cover for couple seconds with no problem!

This problem of gameplay is since game launch, with wermach too. They put weak armor for german infantry cause tanks are a way better for the nazis.

I hope for sudden strike 4 dont be a crap arcade engine like that. RIP coh2, and coh3, will be like this too i think, call of duty fans will love !!!

Allies OP, nerf Allies.
You got my support broh :thumb:
4 Aug 2017, 05:49 AM

Additionally Elefants, Jagdtigers and ISU152 could simply stay in base and snipe every other tank on the map.
4 Aug 2017, 22:40 PM

Permanently Banned
Why only allies?

This is the question.
5 Aug 2017, 00:14 AM
Patrion 310

I once ran a Sweeeper Combat Engineer squad right up to an STG Ober squad in green cover and my engineers 360 no scoped all 4 models instantly. CE OP nerf allies.
5 Aug 2017, 00:50 AM

In my experience OKW blob and run at you in the enemy more often than not, brute force through blob is a tactic in this game, just learn it's counters or blob harder than the other guy.
5 Aug 2017, 01:10 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Aug 2017, 22:40 PMBravus
Why only allies?

This is the question.

It's not only allies. Vetted volks with stgs are very good at it, especially since they have their flamenades, and in the beginning of the game, sturms can face rush in one on ones as long as they don't have to move through a lot of red cover, and the opponent's cover doesn't really matter there either. It's just a fact of the game that brute strength does exist for both sides, either through the nature of the unit or superior numbers or both.
5 Aug 2017, 07:27 AM
Donator 11

Eh, this isn't totally the case. Sure, in some crazy circumstance, a grenade could kill you at 100m, but a lot depends of the situation. 5m is a realistic figure and even that isn't a guarantee.

If you want to make it more realistic, grenade tosses into buildings or trenches should be far more devastating than those in the open... And cover should only mitigate damage if it's between the grenade and the models, not based on the throw path as it is now.

That is exactly the definition of safe range ;)

As for realism - no, I don't want such realism in coh2. That would break a game like nothing ever did before.
5 Aug 2017, 08:05 AM

I believe it has to do with the received accuracy on certain infantry units once they vet up. This goes on on both sides. Ever tried vet 5 Panzerfussiliers? They don't give a rat's ass about cover lol.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★