Login

russian armor

How to edit pathing in a tuning pack?

27 Jul 2017, 12:14 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I noticed that the pathing will be changed in the FBP. I'd like to make some changes for this in my own tuning pack, but I don't know if this is possible. I thought that this FBP is made in the same attribute editor so it should be possible.

Does somebody know how and where the pathing can be changed?
Thanks!
31 Jul 2017, 08:52 AM
Developer Relic Badge

You can editing pathfinding in the attribute editor. Look at the "Turn_Plan" files. There are a bunch of values that can be edited there.
31 Jul 2017, 09:07 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Thanks! I will look into it later today.
31 Jul 2017, 10:48 AM

You can get the pathing plan we used from: https://github.com/xxpatch/sbpmod

I don't understand exactly how pathing works, however I understand the following:
- For every turn plan there are mutliple forward-moving paths and multiple backward-moving plans; each of the plans corresponds to a different contour (aka, radius from the center)
- Most likely, when the game starts to create a plan it glues multiple of these segments together and you have pathing
- Turn plans probably mostly affect right-click movement
- I've no idea which turn-plan reverse-move uses, because it looks different
- Ditto for drag-move

So, basically all we did for pathing was:
- Add some delay penalty for reverse-paths so that they are less likely to get picked (all turn-plans)
- Changed anvil churchill and UC turn plan from tank_churchill to tank_i (churchill plan seemed unsalvageable)
- For jeep-i and/or halftrack-i, we added some missing contours for forward motion, so that they match reverse-motion contours

Due to the changes relic a year ago due to the reaction to the original pathing changes, drag-moving and group-moving, unfortunately, only use forward-motion. If anybody has any clue how to fix this, it would be sweet.
31 Jul 2017, 11:38 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Thanks for your clear answer. I sounds complex, so I will start making small changes to find out what impact it has. I hope to find out more about the reverse drag and group moving and will let you know if I have any results.
31 Jul 2017, 17:45 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Due to the changes relic a year ago due to the reaction to the original pathing changes, drag-moving and group-moving, unfortunately, only use forward-motion. If anybody has any clue how to fix this, it would be sweet.

I might have found something that sets the reverse move when using drag, sadly I can't clone this. Do you have have the permission to edit this in the FBP maybe? at least to test it?
31 Jul 2017, 20:13 PM

I might have found something that sets the reverse move when using drag, sadly I can't clone this. Do you have have the permission to edit this in the FBP maybe? at least to test it?

I can't edit it. However, I can ask our Relic overlords if they can privately test if it changes anything.

That was damn fast; good job!

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS