Login

russian armor

Call-in changes in FBP

20 Jul 2017, 12:41 PM

Aim of changes

Changes in FBP

So roughly most vehicles got a x125%/x120% cost increase (with some exceptions like the m10 that need x150MP)

Other thing to note:
In previous patches when Easy8 and T-34/85 got tech cost the also got a discount non of the above units received a discount.

Added Tech cost and what comes with it:

Comments:
Although having around the same penalties would seem fair it is not because the cost of the unlock is completely different and comes with different bonus.
Explanation:

The impact is completely different across the game modes since in 1v1 the add cost is huge while in 4vs4 the CP requirement and inflated economy will probably allow teching before calling this unit.

Imo all call in are the same yet the contribution is different and thus should be treated differently. I would separate call-in in 3 categories specialized/main battle tanks (MBT)/heavies/super heavies
Explanation:

Recommendation:
Make all MBT require tech including the KV-1 and Command Panther since they are units that can be used to avoid teching. Adjust cost or buff units if needed (for instance C.P. could cost the same a normal Panther)

Leave all specialized units with no change. This unit can not replace teching since they fulfill specif roles. Tech cost for them will be the nail in coffin like in the case of Hezter.
(if there is a need add limit to number of units that can be called in. The limited could be related with number of tech of buildings)

In the case with commander that have more than one call-in that allow them to bypass teching one could simply change the commander abilities.

Example:
Armor company can use both M10 and Dozer that gives him access to 2 specialized units with good synergy allowing to avoid teching. One could swap M10 (or Dozer) the Mechanized company Recon flight and solve the issue.

Heavies/Supper heavies/(artillery)
For artillery introduce as limit to 2(or even one) since they can be very annoying to play against especially in large modes. For all this vehicles removed the tech cost and simply introduce a long cooldown AFTER the unit has been killed so that actually losing such a unit will leave without armor for a long time unless you tech.

That is even more necessary in the case of specialized Super heavies vehicles that will never been seen again in small modes like 1vs1 or 2vs2.
20 Jul 2017, 20:01 PM

Permanently Banned
And spam mortar rulz
24 Jul 2017, 06:51 AM

and pls change the reload time from offmap arty and call in indirect fire/ planes.

make it more reload time...some commanders can easily spam call in like hell and win through this with a soingle click on a button.

No skill require, cause of huge effekt from this abiltys
24 Jul 2017, 09:51 AM
Patrion 310

Why should the command panther cost the same as a regular one when it is far better?
24 Jul 2017, 10:27 AM

Why should the command panther cost the same as a regular one when it is far better?

Well its limited to 1 and it now it has a high tech cost. If it retain the high cost and the cost it probably will not be seen again in 1vs1 games.

In addition that OKW Panther is rather overpriced especially since allied TD are so efficient and allied Tank medium tanks are so cost efficient.
24 Jul 2017, 11:22 AM
Patrion 310

Ah good another buff axis nerf allies. Business as usual. Time to exit.

Fyi okw panthers are fine. Go check trending
24 Jul 2017, 11:37 AM

Ah good another buff axis nerf allies. Business as usual. Time to exit.

Fyi okw panthers are fine. Go check trending

How exactly having tech cost for Command Panther is a buff for axis and nerf for allies?

The main current issue with commander Panther is that OKW use it instead of getting T4.
24 Jul 2017, 19:50 PM
Patrion 310

All call ins are affected by increased costs if you don't tech. That isn't a reason to give an already strong unit a cost reduction (which is a buff). It is better than a standard OKW Panther which is why it should cost more.

Also in team games (esp 3s and 4s) you can sometimes be waiting on CP's but not resources. Hell in a 2's game yesterday with 2x <100 players I tech'd T4 and then got a CP out.

24 Jul 2017, 20:23 PM

All call ins are affected by increased costs if you don't tech. That isn't a reason to give an already strong unit a cost reduction (which is a buff). It is better than a standard OKW Panther which is why it should cost more.

Also in team games (esp 3s and 4s) you can sometimes be waiting on CP's but not resources. Hell in a 2's game yesterday with 2x <100 players I tech'd T4 and then got a CP out.

I have explained which tanks should be affected by the cost increase and why.

If you remember Easy and T34/76 saw a cost reduction when tech cost was required of them.

The C. panther higher price is only justified if other tank are around or by the debuff, having and a tech cost and significant higher price makes the unit not worth it in 1vs1.

The issue in higher modes has to do more with inflated economy and other factors and not the unit itself.

Fixing those factor is better approach.

CP gain in larger modes (3vs3, 4vs4) is slower and usually one has the resources to tech before one enough CP. You can check SiphonX thread about it.

Imo generally speaking aura units should be weaker that their counterpart but cheaper and their auras should scale with veterancy.

Finally C.Panther is not what this thread is about, so one should not focus on the suggested changes in the specific unit.
25 Jul 2017, 05:49 AM

I agree woth the spirit of the suggestion. E8 and 85 are indeed cheaper, although i think they are somewhat different as both of those are intended to more or less become a replacment to the standard variants (or at least AS common) whereas i think all other vehicles are intended to be integrated as part of a normal BO.

So i guess i have no strong feelings one way or another. Some units SHOULD probably be exempt from the change tho, cause unless the hetzer gets a target size similar to a kuble its even deader (somehow) than it was before...
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★