Login

russian armor

Fall Balance Preview

PAGES (17)down
21 Jul 2017, 18:17 PM

I quickly looked on changes and they have just nerfed brits and buffed everthing.
I mean brits werent that op they dont deserve that much nerf.
21 Jul 2017, 18:42 PM

So you toss salads offen?

Being civil is not a sign of weakness. Just because you only understand rudeness as an example of power don't confuse me with that.

I don't agree with many of Relic's decisions, feel free to look through my posts. I also think they did a poor job at handling community members, and still do, but that doesn't mean I don't treat people civilly. My comment as you should have noted was framed as a thank and then a request.
21 Jul 2017, 19:31 PM

I find it consistently amazing that preferred gameplay has tanks fighting atgs and unturreted tank destroyers from the front.

And that this is the basis of balance decisions.

:romeoMug:
21 Jul 2017, 20:35 PM

Being civil is not a sign of weakness. Just because you only understand rudeness as an example of power don't confuse me with that.

I don't agree with many of Relic's decisions, feel free to look through my posts. I also think they did a poor job at handling community members, and still do, but that doesn't mean I don't treat people civilly. My comment as you should have noted was framed as a thank and then a request.

That request is going to be granted due to your thank you. Relic I'm sure will go out of there way to give you exactly what you want because of that post. Keep it up good man. Thousand island is a good dressing..
21 Jul 2017, 20:43 PM

Relic should listen to exploit & redudant strategies and bug issues. That should be their number 1 priority. The problem is most of the community members are arm chair developers who think they know what equates to good game design.

Ex. Let's give rifles suppression or Grenadiers panzershrecks!!! Once people start going down that road, it's no longer about balance, bug fixes or exploits.

If chess started off as a video game, the queen would be nerfed and pawns would be buffed.
21 Jul 2017, 21:08 PM

Relic doing it again! making a bunch of random dumb changes on the game, while there is a plethora of really pressing things to actually change/fix...

Just to name a few:
1.smoke barrage bugs
2.support weapons not setting up bug
3.SU and USF ATGs that get slowed on crater.
4.The absolut state of crappy maps on automatch (2 VPs corridor map LMAO!!11)
And a bunch more that I don't remember because I haven't played lately

So sherman vs p4 is 50/50, while costing less than p4 and having way superior anti inf (HE rounds, superior .50 cal and fighting mostly smaller squads (4man and HE rounds is fearsome combination)
So jackson is not better than stug because it requires vision? Range is the best stat a TD can have. Try screening with the superior usf infantry?

Damn the delusion is hard on the werhaboos lately.
Ost P4 still have the advantage over the sherman, it only comes to 50/50 when both are moving.

also, sherman HE is dogshit, the P4 cannon is just insanely better against infantry, much more consistent with the damage while being the same against tanks. And if you really think the pintle on the sherman is better than the ones axis have you are just insane.
21 Jul 2017, 21:27 PM
Developer Relic Badge

That request is going to be granted due to your thank you. Relic I'm sure will go out of there way to give you exactly what you want because of that post. Keep it up good man. Thousand island is a good dressing..

Not sure why you're being rude behind a veil of words. No need for it.

On why M10s aren't 6 cps is due to what they bring. You get a very fast TD with decent penetration, good rate of fire, reasonable health and bypass tech. The timing, might be too much but this is due to USF having only 3 tech levels with one being bypassed. It's not really a Major vehicle to be locked in tech, and CPs are wildly variable based on combat. If M10s fall off too harshly we can look at their attributes.

21 Jul 2017, 21:32 PM

+ They hardcounter Infantry as a tank destroyer

which is one of the biggest design sins since coh1
21 Jul 2017, 22:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jul 2017, 11:05 AMFrost
>2k17
>demos haven't been fixed yet

this smile is just awesome lol
21 Jul 2017, 22:54 PM

+ They hardcounter Infantry as a tank destroyer

which is one of the biggest design sins since coh1

hardcounter? thats super risky diving in trying to smash troops that have atsnare and rpgs.
22 Jul 2017, 00:03 AM

Hey people, how many times over the years does this need to be explained:

The rate at which a player acquires CP exp is different than the rate at which a player acquires resources.

Resources are acquired on the team level. As in, each player gets the resources from territory points the whole team controls.

CPs are acquired on the player level. As in, each player individually gets CPs from building and fighting.

This does not, and cannot, translate cleanly into team games.

When there are more than one players to a side, unless they are fighting in separate 1v1s, they are not necessarily acquiring CPs as quickly (or slowly) as their teammates.

This has had the ingame result of slower CP gain the more players there are in relation to tech. (You actually get more xp from a long drawn out and phyrric battle than a decisive and crushing victory or loss. Double teaming a player actually results in less CP gain.) Therefore the CP cost of a unit in relationship to tech costs/resources is not the same across game modes.

Ergo: it is impossible to actually balance commanders across the different game modes/sizes.

Solution: Distribute CP exp evenly across entire team.

The reason this works instead of splitting resources is that the manpower resource is not territory related, (unfortunately) as it is related to pop cap which players don't have any control over
22 Jul 2017, 00:45 AM

So sherman vs p4 is 50/50, while costing less than p4 and having way superior anti inf (HE rounds, superior .50 cal and fighting mostly smaller squads (4man and HE rounds is fearsome combination)
So jackson is not better than stug because it requires vision? Range is the best stat a TD can have. Try screening with the superior usf infantry?

USF pays for Grenades, Weapon Racks and Healing and make the cost about even, you can argue about F R E E S Q U A D S but that's asymetrical balance.
Compare costs and you'll see the StuG can hold their own, on a faction with Tellers on their engineers and the awesome Pak40, M10s just fit the USF playstyle better than the current "glass cannon" Jackson does, the one in the preview is much better for it's role, and now it costs quite a bit more too.
That's gonna end up in more bleed when sending out Rifles in the open vs MGs, Snipers and the usual Heavy tank, you gotta remember the Scope of this patch is Teamgame balance where USF could use a little help.
22 Jul 2017, 06:56 AM

One thing I noticed while testing out things tonight is that the new IS2 Vet 1 ability suffers from ISU-152 syndrome where slight changes in elevation completely thwart it. Maybe consider having it not collide with terrain or give it some elevation?
22 Jul 2017, 11:53 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Great patchnote! Sudenly i can't play it :(

P.S. Hello from coscript Osinyagov of Russian Millitary Forces :)
22 Jul 2017, 22:26 PM

The only edge USF Tanks have Wehrmacht tanks is utility, self-repair, superglue and smoke by default.
Sherman vs PZ4 is 50/50 and so is Jackson vs StuG-G, thing is the Jackson often fails miserably at doing it's job, which is why often you just see people spam Shermans instead... Unless the Pershing is used.
OMG i got great news i put jackson vs stug and p4 and jackson won by 2 hits away from death and i put jackson vs panther the first time went a draw adn the second and third jackson won by one hit away from death
22 Jul 2017, 22:29 PM

Maybe you should look at stug and jackson cost and then test 2 jacksons vs 3 stugs to have the same army on both sides.

Right now its like saying that falls beat partisans in 1v1 = falls > partisans
to remind you i dont look at the cost but the stats adn jackson in speed run gets exactly the same time as a panzer iv and if stug gets in the battlefield it will take like 2 or 3 mituens faster and even if stug gets faster stug is a AT tank not AL so it iwll be hard to vet up if i cant evne kill a jackson
22 Jul 2017, 22:36 PM

OMG i got great news i put jackson vs stug and p4 and jackson won by 2 hits away from death and i put jackson vs panther the first time went a draw adn the second and third jackson won by one hit away from death

The game is not about 1vs1 with Tanks, if the enemy Tank Destroyer now can actually do it's job then attack with something else, like ATGs and Panzershreck Infantry.
22 Jul 2017, 22:43 PM

The game is not about 1vs1 with Tanks, if the enemy Tank Destroyer now can actually do it's job then attack with something else, like ATGs and Panzershreck Infantry.
Yeah you are right about that i just got a little bit exhited abotu the USF jackson buff cuz i only play heavy calvary i got all USF commanders but heavy cav i use them perfecty
23 Jul 2017, 00:02 AM

Yeah you are right about that i just got a little bit exhited abotu the USF jackson buff cuz i only play heavy calvary i got all USF commanders but heavy cav i use them perfecty

I'm really excited to play Mechanized if these changes go live, where sending back Lights to tech up will be good, because the Jakcson will not be able to carry.
23 Jul 2017, 02:19 AM

For all of you interested in giving Relic some usefull feedback on the Fall Balance Patch Ive created a topic with 9 questions (polls). Show your support for the game by anwsering the questions in polls.

https://www.coh2.org/topic/62455/fall-balance-patch-community-feedback-poll
PAGES (17)down
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Livestreams

Germany 46
Germany 750
unknown 19
Germany 2
unknown 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias