Login

russian armor

New OKW commander - Volkssturm doctrine

9 Jul 2017, 22:46 PM

Hello! I think i have good idea for new OKW commander. Volkssturm commander would be something between Osttruppen commander and soviet Partisan Tactic. It will represent late war, "desperated" german army.

0 CP - Volkssturm squad. 6-man squad similiar to Osttruppen squad, armed with VG 1-5 rifle, effective at medium range. They can be upgraded with 3 MP-3008 increasing they short range DMG. Abilities:
-Einstossflammenwerfer 46: One, 3 second flamethrower shot, working identically as Volksgren Incendiary grenade.
-Panzerfaust shot.

0 CP - Thorough Salvage.

2 CP - For the Fatherland

2 CP - Trench: All infantry units can build trenches.

12 CP - Zeroing Artillery.

If someone liked the idea, I would ask for help with everything (Abilites profile pictures, costs of abilities, new unit models, new guns damage etc.) I would ask for review and critique :)
10 Jul 2017, 01:31 AM
Senior Editor Badge

This is a real cool idea but, unfortunately, I don't see Relic releasing any new game-altering content, only skins, decals, faceplates, etc. It's just super late in coh2s cycle and rumour is running around that coh3 is being developed.
10 Jul 2017, 06:14 AM

Yeah there won't be any new content for coh2. Also might as well just use normal volks as they're just better and more versatile, and don't constrain you to a doctrine.
nee
10 Jul 2017, 06:32 AM

Whatever we have to say about commanders in general, the Volksturm squad alone is shit because it overlaps far too much with Volksgrenadiers; we'd be lucky if the information exposure causes people to actually differentiate between the two (and most can't).

I mean incendiary grenade and panzerfaust shot? AND and SMG upgrade to make them Sturmpionier clones? You'd just spam this unit all day long and train Rak43s and HQ trucks instead.
10 Jul 2017, 11:55 AM

Conscripts can have Molotov, AT Grenade, PPSH UPGRADE (!), URA!, and build sandbag cover, and nobody i crying. So whats the problem ? :)
10 Jul 2017, 15:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jul 2017, 11:55 AMKoobson
Conscripts can have Molotov, AT Grenade, PPSH UPGRADE (!), URA!, and build sandbag cover, and nobody i crying. So whats the problem ? :)

whenver u want, i take volks over conscripts in the russian army:)
nee
11 Jul 2017, 05:07 AM

There are people crying, and some of the stuff you list are doctrinal or require specific research to unlock. Your Volksturm will come out prepped and ready for all of it at once.

That's the problem; they have many abilities, and you are designing a unit to not only replace two OKW units, but also on the mere basis of copying another faction's.
11 Jul 2017, 05:11 AM

lol I think he just complained about conscripts. I bet m8 Scott is too effective against tanks for him too.
11 Jul 2017, 16:10 PM

lol I think he just complained about conscripts. I bet m8 Scott is too effective against tanks for him too.

If your skill is at the same level as your jokes, you must be very big sh*t in this game...
11 Jul 2017, 16:15 PM

Feels like a Osttruppen commander 2.0, with nearly identical abilities and a similiar distribution of abilities: a lot early game with one late game ability which costs lots of ammunition. However, the Volkssturm - depending on how they would be implemented - seems far more powerful than their Ost-counterpart.
11 Jul 2017, 23:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jul 2017, 16:10 PMKoobson

If your skill is at the same level as your jokes, you must be very big sh*t in this game...

Hey, you earned the cheekiness by comparing fking conscripts of all things to volkssturm (which are basically from the sound of it just 6 man volks).

Also, it wasn't supposed to be funny. You did that part for me.
12 Jul 2017, 23:02 PM

"From the sound". Seriously? Seriously man? VG 1-5 has the same munnition as the STG-44, but its not fully automatic, so DPS much lower. Same with the MP-3008 - it has the same bullet as the MP-40, and maybe you know, MP-40 isn't best automatic gun (at close range it looks like that PPsh>STG44>Grease Gun>MP-40) so they will not be overpowered.
12 Jul 2017, 23:06 PM

One more thing. Maybe i'm blind, but i say "Effective at medium range". Volks are effective at the long range, right? So, they have one same thing - "Volks" in name
12 Jul 2017, 23:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jul 2017, 23:02 PMKoobson
"From the sound". Seriously? Seriously man? VG 1-5 has the same munnition as the STG-44, but its not fully automatic, so DPS much lower. Same with the MP-3008 - it has the same bullet as the MP-40, and maybe you know, MP-40 isn't best automatic gun (at close range it looks like that PPsh>STG44>Grease Gun>MP-40) so they will not be overpowered.

I mistook the "VG 1-5 rifle" for you trying to say volksgrenadier rifle, so k98k. Honest mistake. They still sound a lot like volks with better close quarters power, which makes for a weird in-between for the already existing sturms and volks. MP40 sure isn't the best smg, but seriously? You put ppsh above stg? Are you kidding? You also forgot about the Thompson.
jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jul 2017, 23:06 PMKoobson
One more thing. Maybe i'm blind, but i say "Effective at medium range". Volks are effective at the long range, right? So, they have one same thing - "Volks" in name

Um panzerfaust? Einstossflammenwerfer "working identically as Volksgren Incendiary grenade"? You need to calm down and take a look at your own posts just as much as you pointed out I have to. But hey, it is your commander idea so I guess it's not really my place to judge anyway.
13 Jul 2017, 00:50 AM

Yes, i take PPsh above Stg, because its just better at CLOSE RANGE. Yes i forgot about Thompson, my mistake. And they guns- Volkssturm for me should be something like SU-76M- Something between Katyusha and Su-85. So (for me) it will work like that - if you want close range infantry, you take Pioneers. If you want long range infantry - you take volksgrens. If you want universal infantry (between those two) you take volkssturm. And don't forgot, volkssturm members had just basic training (how to fire, reload etc.), so they were worse trained than conscripts (in game this effect will be visible very much). I also forgot about one thing - they upgrade and abilities will be avaible after setting Battle group HQ (like grens STg's and Panzerschrecks for Pions).
15 Jul 2017, 08:57 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jul 2017, 00:50 AMKoobson
I also forgot about one thing - they upgrade and abilities will be avaible after setting Battle group HQ (like grens STg's and Panzerschrecks for Pions).

Since Volks become pretty versatile on most ranges after the MP44 upgrade, I wonder what the advantage of this unit would be and why I would waste a good doctrine for this one? So you can spam them out in order to occupy all houses like Osttruppen? In combination with the very potent Sturmpionier, who can clear some houses in the super-early game, this might actually be too good - or completely useless, hard to tell. But in general I dont see the advantage of Volkssturm over the ordinary Volksgrenadiere...
15 Jul 2017, 15:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jul 2017, 08:57 AMGarrett

Since Volks become pretty versatile on most ranges after the MP44 upgrade, I wonder what the advantage of this unit would be and why I would waste a good doctrine for this one? So you can spam them out in order to occupy all houses like Osttruppen? In combination with the very potent Sturmpionier, who can clear some houses in the super-early game, this might actually be too good - or completely useless, hard to tell. But in general I dont see the advantage of Volkssturm over the ordinary Volksgrenadiere...

Yeah feels the same as choosing conscripts over penals. You don't.
15 Jul 2017, 16:30 PM

Yeah feels the same as choosing conscripts over penals. You don't.

Yep, this essentially feels like a new Osttruppen doctrine, but if it's really needed is another question. Rather have a unique one, where Volkssturm actually has its place.
15 Jul 2017, 23:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jul 2017, 16:30 PMGarrett

Yep, this essentially feels like a new Osttruppen doctrine, but if it's really needed is another question. Rather have a unique one, where Volkssturm actually has its place.

Agreed.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 37
unknown 10
France 1
New Zealand 23

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L