Login

russian armor

CoH3: Scenario/front - VOTE NOW!!!!

30 Nov 2017, 20:36 PM

WW2 - North Africa 42/3 28% Votes: 65
WW2 - Italy Front 43/44 11% Votes: 25

Combine the two since they are in sync and there is a definite winner.

And combined second place would be
Cold war going hot 1960-1980 8% Votes: 18
Modern warfare 1990-2017 9% Votes: 21

I combined these two because virtually most of the technology from the cold war is still the same today. Just with upgraded avionics. Example the M1A1 Abrams

I think with the coh3 discussions, Relic should keep this stay survey in mind. Before we find out we are in the future shooting lasers at each other. Or doing bonzi attacks with a 50/1 KD ratios on average.
30 Nov 2017, 20:49 PM

hf with your panzer 2s and crusaders then

i think maybe 10% knows there were no fancy panthers in africa
30 Nov 2017, 21:39 PM

Not sure why you mention Panthers. But there was various of different units, strategy, doctrines implemented in the African front as well as in Italy.

Givin the time frame as well. It wouldn't be a long shot if Panthers were implemented in the game as well. Not like people would go ape shit. Multiplayer speaking.

I mean after all you have westernfront children and elderly out performing battle harden eastern front vets who are supposibly the "backbone of the wer"

Then you have criminals and deserters out performing both of what I mentioned above as well as the elite units of the Soviet union aka guards and mainline infantry. So it's safe to say the rules can be bent a bit. Multiplayer speaking
30 Nov 2017, 22:00 PM

Armor and penetration mechanics aren't exactly theatre specific.
30 Nov 2017, 22:39 PM

People Buy ww2 games because of panthers and tigers. if they don't see them, they will be

like" what is this, i don't know this stuff!!"
1 Dec 2017, 09:38 AM

Guys, just to make it clear: Tigers were used in Afrika since 1942 (!). Panthers were not at all but I think a missing Panzer V can be compensated by Flak 88 guns. Also Panzer IVs were in Afrika as well. So besides the Panthers which were used in Kursk for the first time, everything should be possible.

And honestly, most people, besides heavy WW2 fans, don't know about Elefants and Stuff. Most people won't even recognize a King Tiger because it looks like any other tank, just bulkier. In Saving Private Ryan, they build a Tiger Tank on the chassis of a T34! And still, people love this movie and many call it the best war movie ever made.

Give the people a Tiger, a FlaK, some Shermans and some SdKfZ and they are happy.
1 Dec 2017, 11:16 AM

i would prefer if they put bit realistic features to game, not as gameplay balance like tiger one shotting, but in units. like brits would use in commanders infantry from diffirent places of commonwealth. Canadians, indian reserve infantry, scottish and canadian highlanders, something like that. Also with germans, naming where the infatry hails from, like 15 panzergrenadier division grenadiers and usa 9th infantry division riflemen. That kind of thing.
1 Dec 2017, 12:15 PM
Donator 11

People Buy ww2 games because of panthers and tigers. if they don't see them, they will be

like" what is this, i don't know this stuff!!"

When they get to use a Grant all will be forgiven, it’s has a hull gun and a turret!
1 Dec 2017, 12:48 PM

i would prefer if they put bit realistic features to game, not as gameplay balance like tiger one shotting, but in units. like brits would use in commanders infantry from diffirent places of commonwealth. Canadians, indian reserve infantry, scottish and canadian highlanders, something like that. Also with germans, naming where the infatry hails from, like 15 panzergrenadier division grenadiers and usa 9th infantry division riflemen. That kind of thing.

I don't know about the naming as this might irritate players and doesn't add anything to gameplay, but the multiple squad 'races' are nice. Especially the commonwealth and french forces had a lot of black and indian guys fighting, this would be a good addition.

I would also love to see some random dirt on tanks and also different numbers and plates. Also stuff like wind (smoke from the engine will blow in the right wind direction, also trees moving there and stuff).

It's the small details which make a game amazing.
1 Dec 2017, 13:12 PM

I want everything in the poll which is WW2.
Please Relic :D
1 Dec 2017, 14:21 PM
Donator 11

Also stuff like wind (smoke from the engine will blow in the right wind direction, also trees moving there and stuff).

It's the small details which make a game amazing.

Cornfields which ruffle in the breeze (and can be set alight!). Infantry legs are hidden and vehicles flatten it. Then again this sounds like coldtech mk2 and we know how that turned out
1 Dec 2017, 14:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Dec 2017, 14:21 PMArray

Cornfields which ruffle in the breeze (and can be set alight!). Infantry legs are hidden and vehicles flatten it. Then again this sounds like coldtech mk2 and we know how that turned out

That corn field part would be amazing... So in fact it is already possible with the current Essence Engine only with snow but this is implemented so poorly, that nobody can recognize it. Also vehicle tracks in Africa's sand dunes would look amazing.

The only thing that needs to be clearly said that this should be ONLY COSMETIC. We all know that Relic senses some gameplay stuff behind that like you can cameo in the field and you have to move fast in the desert in order not to die of thirst.

If you read that, fellow Relic employer:

WE. DO. NOT. WANT. GIMMICKY. GAMEPLAY. MECHANICS.
3 Dec 2017, 01:25 AM
Patrion 310

I would definitely like it to stick to WW2 - that iconic link between Band of Brothers and CoH is one of the most unique associations in video games and should be preserved.
+1
Amen to that. BoB 9.5/10 IMDB and Top3 Rated TV show
CoH quote from BoB;

Former THQ boss (Danny Bilson) tried making CoH into a good movie using BoB actors (unfortunately this project partly failed due to THQ financial troubles)

Danny Bilson was involved (Screenwriter) in making The Rocketeer
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Rocketeer_(film)

They could do a spin-off series but to separate the core franchise CoH3 from the BoB series are a big marketing mistake.
Without BoB immersion and ww2 patriotism, there is no way I and many others would still be interested in ww2 games.

Thanks to Relic (Kyle?) for posting this patriotic ww2 short-film:

https://twitter.com/CompanyOfHeroes/status/935206648150413313
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt7408150/

Keep the focus on more marketing efforts similar to this and Relic/SEGA should have no problem selling CoH3 to an engaged and passionate fan audience.
For the same reasons, World of Tanks and War Thunder have some epic trailers that understand how to market ww2 patriotism and immersion/artistic vision.

War thunder WW2 Trailer;

World of Warships - Wait for Me;

World of Tanks - Remember Dunkirk: Timeline of a Miracle;

For CoH3 WW2, there are plenty of good and not well-known storytelling to focus on.
Here is a couple of examples;

On 5 May 1945, a few days after Hitler’s suicide, American soldiers under command of US Army Captain John C. "Jack" Lee, Jr. teamed up with a number of Wehrmacht soldiers under German major, Josef Sepp Gangl who was opposed to the Nazis to rescue VIP prisoners from Castle Itter .

A Higher Call: An Incredible True Story of Combat and Chivalry in the War-Torn Skies of World War II
https://www.amazon.com/Higher-Call-Incredible-Chivalry-War-Torn/dp/0425255735

I can give a guarantee prediction, ww2 patriotism is going to make a comeback and the Wargaming/SEGA Europe partnership is here to stay for many years to come.

How has Wargaming Alliance changed?
November 1st 2017
http://www.develop-online.net/interview/how-has-wargaming-alliance-changed/0236920
Wargaming Alliance is the third party publishing arm of the business, which has now joined with Wargaming Labs. There are already partnerships with big triple-A developers like Creative Assembly and its Total War: Arena game, so why has this merger of the third party publishing team occurred?

Warning to Relic from old school Homeworld fan;
Do not, for whatever reasons try to bring the current Canadian anti-masculine culture/bias into CoH3.
If you do, SEGA is going to lose millions of dollars in missed marketing opportunities. I could talk for hours how bad this will make you look (globally) by the time CoH3 comes out. Perceptions and timing is everything in marketing.
Remembrance Day special; Relic read and learn from WW2 vets;
'This isn't the Britain we fought for,' say the 'unknown warriors' of WWII
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1229643/This-isnt-Britain-fought-say-unknown-warriors-WWII.html
As a former alliance leader (RAZOR), my MMO friends helped popularize WW2 memes and propaganda posters to many thousands of SCI-FI fans.
WW2 is not a niche genre if you market it right. So either learn more about your audience or keep losing more money from your nr.1 passionate fan audience. Your choice.

Fan made WW2/sci-fi propaganda posters, art & movie (seen by many thousands of EvE Online fans)
https://propaganda.razor-alliance.com/

World War II Propaganda Posters
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight