Login

russian armor

Hector - BiOsAfeTy

2 Jul 2017, 16:49 PM

A thread for us.

Here you can post replays, ask question and do almost whatever you want ;)

Cheers,
Hector
2 Jul 2017, 16:50 PM

Thanks!
2 Jul 2017, 16:59 PM

Here I´m posting a list of interesting guides, that are mostly up to date and useful in 1v1 environment.

Tips and Trics

UKF Guides

Hector´s Mortar Pit Guide

...more are coming soon...

USF Guides

DevM´s USF Guide

Hector´s Armor Company Guide

Aegion´s Combined Arms Guide

OKW Guides

...coming soon...

SOV Giudes

...coming soon...

OST Guides

Theo´s Mobile Defence Guide

Other Guides

Ability Guide

Veterancy Guide

Map Perspectives

Kholodny Ferma

Angoville Perspective
2 Jul 2017, 18:20 PM

?

This is mentoring thread, only for a mentor and a mentee(me and Biosafety). You are free to watch it and learn anything from it, if you want to, but please do not post here, because you are not allowed to do so.

If you want a mentor for yourself, create a thread in mentoring - "I want a mentor" (or something like that).

4 Jul 2017, 05:44 AM

Here's a game I had some trouble with. Not sure if I made any major mistakes or if I just got unlucky. Ostheer (mobile defense) vs. Soviets (lend lease).
4 Jul 2017, 18:54 PM

First I want to start with words of wisdom from one of the best coh2 players - DevM

!Truth is the soviet meta at the moment is really strong and you have to play your whole game tailored to the lend lease commander. So against lend lease my mindset is to delay any vehicle play by denying fuel with agressive grenadier play, this grenadier play is usually either supported by a MG and/or sniper, you want to try to bleed the opponent of manpower as much as possible too. A perfect scenario would be something like sniper->gren->gren->gren->gren->gren->bunker with heal(can also be done before the last gren if your grenadiers are all low HP its up to you)->fuel cache(depending on game situation might not be needed)->t4 into panther. Obviously you wont have this scenario in most of your games so if a T-70 appears sooner than expect use the puma to counter it, if the soviet player is really good and really denies you the fuel and you see that the panther is a far fetched idea then you have to go down the undesirable path of relying in P4's and paks to counter m4cs which means t2-t3 play in which I would recommend 2 paks and 2 P4s as your main force (a PGren with shrecks might also be good depending on the number of m4cs out). Against T34 play such as the game that paula had against me your best bet is t2-t3 play, that game in specific that Siphon talked about was mostly a misjudge by me on what paula would go for. While panther is good what you want vs T34 play is numbers vs numbers (2 P4s + 1 Pak > 1 Panther + pak vs 3 or more T34s). Generally use your sniper to do all the work for you in terms of bleeding the soviet player, target penals for maximum bleed and use your sniper to dislodge dhsks that are in an annoying position. In some maps like faymonville you can make use of the mortar too to great effectiveness. If you are good enough you can also flank the dshks with grenadiers and try to get a rifle grenade off for a squad wipe into maybe a steal. Ill be honest, if two players are equally skilled you will have to do more work than the soviet counter part to win the game since its harder for you to pull these things off, but hopefully this helped :). EDIT: also fight for cut offs with the sniper/MG support, cut off play makes the soviet player have to fight your main force which means you get to bleed him and delay any teching, keep your eyes on the cps, once it reaches 2CPs you have to expect dhsks.DevM

Then I want to give you a one small yet helpful advice. Replace one of your bulletins with bulletin that increases panzerfaust range by 7% (if you don´t have it, you can buy it in in-game-store. It costs only 1000 supply points). The 7% range increase is often the difference between fausting a vehicle or letting it to freely escape.

You played really well in the early game, you understand the core concept of the Ostheer. Unlike OKW you should build up first, take positions, wait for enemy mistake and then strike.

Many players fear the infamous unbeatable soviet meta, and I have to tell you, that you´re one of them. But that´s why you´re here after all :) . The soviet meta is f*cking weak early on, because they have only 2 fighting squads until they obtain m3 "clown car". As you can see in the picture, you forced one of his penals to retreat and there was nothing between your forces and his cut off. You should have taken the opportunity, strike with both grens and cap both cut offs, while your mg42 repositioned into the church and pios capped your part of map (first defeating pios).

Then you should have used the third grenadier to take his part and eventually win the game. Soviet player lacks any clearing tools except clown car and other shock units like shermans or t70. If you dig in near his cut offs, inside buildings, there is almost nothing he can do, if you protect your hmg42 with grens (fausts) and rush 222. Dushka comes late and he also lacks mortars. Use this as your advantage. Always put pressure on him in the early game, if you force one of his penals to retreat (which you did) because there´s nothing in his roster, that can stop you ;)

You don´t have to worry about m3 that much because 1) a 222 comes much sooner than a luchs 2) grens have longer faust range than volks, so guarding your mg42 should be easy 3) mg42 shreds m3 from afar. So it´s only about keeping your mg42 and grens together until you get your 222.

BUILD ORDER MISTAKES:
-always rush 222 after your 3rd grenadier. Your build order should be mg42,gren,gren,gren,BP1,222
-don´t go sniper and mortar together, these units are supportive ones, if you don´t have steady front line (grens, pgrens, mg) then you will crumble and enemy will force your mortar and sniper to retreat (and this happened in this game more than often)
-use your munnition. Buy flamer, sweeper, lmg42s teller mines, whatever, just don´t let it to be in your bank
-get at least one panzergrenadier squad, to flank dushkas and burst penals down.

Random thoughts

You can see it´s pretty much GG at this moment, because you didn´t capitalise on your advantage early on and also forget to hold your side, where precious fuel awaits. In Arnhem, you must hold both mid (cut offs) and at least one side (fuel) if you want to win a game. Focusing in the middle without holding your fuel will result only into slower, yet inevitable defeat :(

The Houses

Use vaulting feature, vault the fence and get the house before your enemy does. You can save precious seconds by vaulting the fence, which can be determinant in whole engangement, because the player who gets the house wins the engangement.

But even if you lose the house, do not fear. It only has one window on side you can nicely seen in the picture. Just move there and burst him down. 4 pios in the open are stronger than 1 engineer in house, firing only from 1 window

Always get this house (in a green circle), not the you got this time. The highlighted house allows your HMG to overwatch the church, the middle and also the access route to your cut off, so it´s in a much better position than the second house, which only allows you to overwatch the middle VP.

Just a quick note, the highlighted house completely lacks windows on a side situated to your cut off. Use this fact to your advantage next time

I think that´s pretty much is. GL in the future battles comrade. If you still have any questions, feel free to ask them :)

Hector
5 Jul 2017, 09:48 AM

Thanks Hector! Thorough and very useful analysis. I've realized that getting T2 before a sniper/support weapon is probably a good idea for most games so that I have additional tactical flexibility with the Pak and 222. I'll post some more replays when I feel I've run into a particularly difficult strategy. One other thing - do you have any advice for Ostheer on Bryansk forest? I feel like that map is heavily allies-favored because of all of the blind corners.
5 Jul 2017, 10:14 AM

Thanks Hector! Thorough and very useful analysis. I've realized that getting T2 before a sniper/support weapon is probably a good idea for most games so that I have additional tactical flexibility with the Pak and 222. I'll post some more replays when I feel I've run into a particularly difficult strategy. One other thing - do you have any advice for Ostheer on Bryansk forest? I feel like that map is heavily allies-favored because of all of the blind corners.

Yes, veto it :D
5 Jul 2017, 15:29 PM

Yes, veto it :D

Oh! I didn't even know that I'm supposed to be able to. Whenever I play 1v1 automatch, the map pool says I have 0/0 vetoes remaining. I just assumed that they had removed the ability to veto...

5 Jul 2017, 15:44 PM

Oh! I didn't even know that I'm supposed to be able to. Whenever I play 1v1 automatch, the map pool says I have 0/0 vetoes remaining. I just assumed that they had removed the ability to veto...

You can veto, it´s just some random #Relic bug. If you tried to veto some maps and it didn´t work, then try to restart your game and do it again. If it´s still not working, you´ll have to talk with someone who knows how to get rid of this bug ;)
6 Jul 2017, 02:32 AM

Hey Hector,

I implemented some of your suggestions and it definitely improved my game. Thought I'd upload this replay so you can see what I did differently this time.

Thanks,
- Biosafety

P.S. Yep, the veto was bugged. Got it working now. Thanks!
8 Jul 2017, 10:34 AM

Just a quick note - ostruppen scale really badly into the lategame against USF Riflemen equipped with bars. That´s why I tend to get 2 hmgs and 2 ostruppens in the early game and start transiting into pgrens once I build tier2. Panzegrens are really great infantry, especially against USF Rifles equipped with bars, even more in an urban map. Just a quick comparison - panzergrens deal as much damage as grenadiers with lmg42 at long range and their DPS increase greatly once they get closer. This gives you an option to stand still with them at long range behind green cover, putting enemy rifles into lose-lose situation. If they stay at long range, you will outfight them by sheer DPS and if they try to close in, they will lose much DPS while they are moving + they increase your DPS, resulting into loss for his rifles. Pgrens get even better once they acquire vet, that´s why I love them so much. Just remember, never charge with them against riflemens (unless rifles run into hmg firing arc and are already suppressed ), stay behind cover, protect your HMG from flanking squads and you should be fine.

I´ve already told you in the last review to always seize the church and secure it with hmg if you are on the northern side of a map and get a option to do so. Forcing hmg out from a church is really hard, especially for factions like USF and UKF are until they get tanks/light artillery/flamethrower and smoke
You did quite well in the early game, got both cut off and also his part of the map. But, there was, however one pesky riflemen on your side. What you should have done ? Move the hmg into the church and focus on forcing the riflemen back with your engineers and ostruppen. And when we are talking about engineers, there is never a good idea to get more than 1 of them unless you need both sweeper and flamethrower or you have tank already on a field and need some extra repairs. And because USF Rifle Company Doctrine lacks any mines at all, it´s never a good idea to buy a minesweeper in this situation unless you see a M20.

In 1v1 there is not any particular to build fuel cache. It´s always a better idea to invest in another infantry squad/team weapon. Otherwise your enemy will get an advantage in number and cap more map than you, which will give him more fuel (and munnition) then you´ll get from a cache.

Also if you have supply drop option and you want some quick fuel, it´s always better to use the supply drop, not cache. Reason is simple. A supply drop gives you 50 fuel for 200 manpower in 1 minute. The cache costs the same (200 manpower) and gives you 3 fuel per minute. This means a cache starts paying off itself after 17 minutes compared to supply drop. And because how fast 1v1 games are (most don´t even take longer than 30 minutes) and how much of a impact can a sooner tank has (you get the fuel = tank in get go, you don´t have to wait for it), you can even put bigger pressure on your enemy with a new vehicle and gain even more fuel income.

All in all you did really well, your build order was solid, your tank choices were great, shame you didn´t protect your panzerwerfer better and lost it so early.
Only mistakes I saw in your build order were: caches, second engineer squad so early, not building tier 1 after you´ve produced your first tank (tier 1 is required for fausts, this means even ostruppen fausts. It´s always a good idea to get tier 1 after you see an enemy light tank or acquire tank on your own, so you can faust enemy vehicles, that dive too far. If you´ve built tier 1 sooner, you could have fausted enemy sherman and saved your panzerwerfer from a disaster).

Hope something of this helps you.

Cheers,
Hector
8 Jul 2017, 10:42 AM

I´m also adding here my ideal ostruppen build order, I´m often using against the USF.

Early game:

Ostruppen, hmg42, ostruppen, hmg42, BP1, tier2

*rush key house on enemy side with pios, put hmg42 there, andf continue capping with pios. Ostruppen should cap any points they can, while senond hmg is slightly behind them, so it can always position properly, in the right direction, resulting into winning most engangements*

Mid game:

If you see lieutenant: 222, 221 halftrack with flamer upgrade
If you see captain: 221 halftrack with flamer upgrade, pak

Then put as much pressure as you can on him, while remaining safe, neer overextend, stuart can kill your 221 easily. m20 shouldn´t make any problems, because 222 hardcounters it, just do not forget anti-tank mines that are placed by m20 and m20´s bazooka tank crew

Secure our fuel point. Use 200 manpower to call in fuel supply drop there, pick up all 50 fuel, while your hmgs, pak and vehicles protect the area. Then build tier3 and rush oswind

The most important part of a whole build is excellent early game pressure with ostruppen, hmgs and flammenhalftrack backed up by oswind in the mid game.

If you do everything well, your enemy will be nowhere near his medium tank so you can do whatever you want with your oswind, get most of the map and win.

Later on start building pgrens once you have manpower for that, use munnition to place tellers and S-mine fiels.

Also you will have great map advantage, so you should get panzer 4 (after oswind ofc) at the same time he gets sherman (if he reaches sherman it at all :snfPeter:). Then build tier4, spam panthers, brummbaars, anything, until he surrenders.

If you already have pak and 2 pgrens, use any spare manpower to get additional fuel for faster tanks. Yummy :)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★