Login

russian armor

Relic won't accept to change to the game that much.

1 Jul 2017, 17:00 PM

Even if the changes proposed in mods are logic, Relic won't accept anything massive or anything that change the fundamental nature of a faction. So this is wasted energy. That's sad but rather truth.

The only things that they will accept are balance changes, but not core one.

The Soviets are broken, they need to have more winning options. Currently the commanders with the Duska are greatly favored. Their T3 HMG are badly broken.
------------

Osteer's Stuka bombers is broken and need a tone down.

Their mortars are op and used in mass concentration way to often in team format.
------------

USA need other winning option then the Calliope'one in team formats. (more options and nerf Calliope hitpoints).

Jeep with .50 should be added to T0 as USA has no sniper. (can't carry troops)

Sherman smoke should have no minimum range.

The over pop cap tactic is very important to USA as is simulated the manpower it had over the AXIS.
------------

Uk's emplacements need to be town down if Osteer's mortars are also nerfed.
------------

OKW flak truck too powerful vs supply planes.
Frp is coming to a bit early into the game.
Teamed OKW early Pio rush are very hard to counter in team format. The second Pio should come a bit later.

Only a small set of balance change are going to be accepted. So we should focus testing only on the most important one else the game will stay broken, not fun as it should in team format.

And plz try to play the other side to understand before vocalizing...
1 Jul 2017, 17:24 PM
Senior Referee Badge

That's not true, you'll see.
1 Jul 2017, 17:43 PM

Weren´t you leaving us, some time ago ?

1 Jul 2017, 18:53 PM

Thanx for remembering me.
1 Jul 2017, 18:54 PM

I hope that i'm wrong really. But i would play safe on this one.
1 Jul 2017, 20:20 PM

Even if the changes proposed in mods are logic, Relic won't accept anything massive or anything that change the fundamental nature of a faction. So this is wasted energy. That's sad but rather truth.

Hard to guess what Relic will do. They have to see the data with allied factions having the lowest win rate across the board. Even at GCS level, USF had about a 35% win rate if you exclude Luvnest and DevM, and even they abandoned USF in the finals when they were going to face a roughly equal player. I'm not sure if it has affected games played or active players. Relic is fortunate in that there isn't another RTS that is similar (other than Blitzkrieg 3, which is a pile of pudding).
1 Jul 2017, 20:22 PM

keep your promise.
1 Jul 2017, 20:25 PM

This thread is your usual "Axis OP plz nerf I can't beat them even though I play nothing but Allies" fairy tale. Please just keep up to your promise and leave lol.
1 Jul 2017, 20:30 PM

And plz try to play the other side to understand before vocalizing...

1 Jul 2017, 20:53 PM

I believe that the last few patches are living proof that Relic are willing to let the community balance team to make radical changes to the game.

1 Jul 2017, 21:42 PM

The focus most be on priorities, the 1 on 1 maybe ok except for the Soviets who lack options. (Rely to much on Land lease).

But the larger the number of players get, the more problems this is. (2vs2--->4vs4)

We need patch rather quickly, else it's gonna be Xmast and nothing will be done.

Please shit on me as much as you want if it make you feel better, but it won't change anything.
1 Jul 2017, 21:45 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Try and keep the posts on the topic, not the person posting the topic. :)

On topic: Team game balance is a mess because of certain aspects of the game. Personally I don't believe balance can be achieved while 1v1 and teamgames utilize the same unit stats.
1 Jul 2017, 21:54 PM

If you lose in teamgames, your communication and synergy is lacking
1 Jul 2017, 22:29 PM

I am USF teamgame player myself and i really think teamgame is somewhat not about meta commander only. Moreover, basically you can pick any commander and win the game just by non doctrine unit.

As far as i remember i've never pick Calliope more than 10 time instead i always pick Priest over Calliope and there a replay where i can see it clearly we comeback from the worstest situation just because Priest solve that like heave tank keep wiping unit on VP, Schwer lockdown each side compleatly , heavy tank destroyer sitting duck and wipe every vehicle , entire team dont have vet unit against enemy ,then those priest keep wipe out OKW building and bleed inf so they rushing in to close the game and that where we picked those tank off one by one while priest being best counter to heavy tank destroyer by land those shell on it head and then we won. In the other hand, same thing like this just dont happen in 1v1 that why im trying to say the reason why we see these meta commander over and over again it is just because these commander just outshadow the other commander while the commander itself already great as it is we just need to adapt to use it properly.

PS.dont mind win rate from my playercard KappaClaust after all 3 years of COH2 i've always lose then went back from 1v1 and i starting to win some so mind the ladder
2 Jul 2017, 21:55 PM

Wait, are you denying this responce from kyle?

https://community.companyofheroes.com/discussion/244105/unofficial-balance-team-is-out-of-control#latest

Or do you have some insider info which Kyle is not granted access to?
3 Jul 2017, 10:06 AM

"Now the Axis infantry are (ass gren) dominate everything."

Ass grens are op? That's literally the one and only time I have heard this. All the units you could complain about (no both! sides), and you choose Ass grens hahaha
nee
4 Jul 2017, 01:01 AM

Wait, are you denying this responce from kyle?

https://community.companyofheroes.com/discussion/244105/unofficial-balance-team-is-out-of-control#latest

Or do you have some insider info which Kyle is not granted access to?
It's called precedence. They HAVE accepted changes from modders through their balance previews in the past; the only good news is that the current stuff were not part of those past changes.

That response is also not saying "we don't accept changes from mods", only they are not considering it at this time. Which, if you know your average politician or publisher, more often than not means they're not confirming it yet.
4 Jul 2017, 12:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Jul 2017, 01:01 AMnee
It's called precedence. They HAVE accepted changes from modders through their balance previews in the past; the only good news is that the current stuff were not part of those past changes.

That response is also not saying "we don't accept changes from mods", only they are not considering it at this time. Which, if you know your average politician or publisher, more often than not means they're not confirming it yet.
As I have said before, relic will use any idea from anyone at this point as they are desperate. And there are not many balance mods on the workshop, or, there aren't many modders who declare themeselves as balance designers enjoying and using coh2.org as their publicity/exposure platform.

And yes, I think most of these changes are going live.
4 Jul 2017, 15:21 PM

The only things that they will accept are balance changes, but not core one.

Relic has the right to implement any changes they see fit in their live game.

Moders have the right to implement any changes they see fit in their mods.

You have the right the create a thread like this one but it quite pointless.

You have to keep in mind the MOD also work as places to test things before going live with them.
nee
5 Jul 2017, 10:22 AM

As I have said before, relic will use any idea from anyone at this point as they are desperate. And there are not many balance mods on the workshop, or, there aren't many modders who declare themeselves as balance designers enjoying and using coh2.org as their publicity/exposure platform.

And yes, I think most of these changes are going live.
If they are desparate then they'd be making many more patches. The lack of them indicate that their priorities have shifted- long ago- to other things, like an in-game store.

Biggest problem with Preview Patch stuff was that they were used as foot in the door for patches, as opposed to making official mods to diversify the game. Imagine at least four separate mods designed specifically to cater to match size: this significantly reduces the balance burden for the game because if you have a 1v1 problem, you merely make balance changes for that mode.

Even the official unofficial mod scene can take this cue.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 40
United Kingdom 166
unknown 4
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %