Login

russian armor

Why so many people play german

27 Jun 2017, 18:33 PM

wtf? D-day? No indirect fire from allies?? it was one of the biggest indriect fire party ever.

all ships/arti/planes fire all the day on the beach. on the beach where was all destroyed...the was no great defence....but the allies lost hard on omaha beach...where german bunkers wasnt destroyed...

and ardenen ofensive? the problem was the air support from allies, to less gas, to less information (axis anti air weopans shot down about 250 german planes)
in ardenen assault the allies lost much more than german...and dont forget sovjet was at this time on assault too. 3 huges fronts at the same time.

once more: poland lost in 4 weaks, france in 8weaks....both had much bigger armys than germany.
germany assault the whole europe, except GB.
the destroyed huge armys from the sovjets in no time and get north africa...

and allies (a army of the half world) need 4years? really?

I never said that D-Day had no artillery. You need to learn to read, not just see words and extrapolate whatever the fuck you want out of it. I mentioned it because it's wildly inaccurate to say that the allies didn't "fight" as you put it, man to man in direct combat, and D-Day is a sterling example of that. Lost hard on Omaha beach? Sure, lots of casualties, but they took it. Amphibious assaults are one of the worst scenarios for an attacking army, you know.

The battle of the bulge (from my somewhat limited understanding of most of this particular battle) was ended by the allies' landslide air superiority (which was achieved by shooting down all the german planes earlier, doesn't that count as "fighting"?), but only lasted as long as it did because poor weather meant that the allies couldn't utilize their air forces to full effectiveness. Bastogne also had very intense fighting, and was completely surrounded for a time, meaning no more artillery shells, so the Germans actually used more indirect fire there than the allies.

You talk about how they fought on all these huge fronts and had to really stretch their armies thin, but that's only because of stupid leadership decisions. There's not one front in the whole war that was opened up because some other country attacked Germany. They didn't have to open so many fronts and anger so many countries. They had their nonaggression pact with Russia, and the U.S. was just sitting on their asses because we're dumb. The only country I can think of that even declared war on Germany without being directly attacked first was Britain.

France was indeed an achievement, a miracle really, only made possible by superior German tactics and short-sighted French decisions. Much bigger and more built up army crushed by a comparatively tiny army with inferior materiel for the most part.
27 Jun 2017, 21:05 PM

It was always near 80/20 axis/allies (at some happy hours it shifts to 50/50), even before WBP. I always wondered too why everybody says 'allies op' and still play axis. In 4v4 if you're not dominating from the very first engagement it's almost unreal to win vs decent axis team. So playing axis far from 'lil bit harder'.
28 Jun 2017, 09:12 AM
Lead Strategist Badge

invisible 2 posts.

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jun 2017, 21:05 PMHater
It was always near 80/20 axis/allies (at some happy hours it shifts to 50/50), even before WBP. I always wondered too why everybody says 'allies op' and still play axis. In 4v4 if you're not dominating from the very first engagement it's almost unreal to win vs decent axis team. So playing axis far from 'lil bit harder'.

Who says allies are op in 4vs4 oO ???
28 Jun 2017, 09:58 AM

the winner write the history.

What do you guess will your school books write about the 2.WW, if germany won the war?

then the allies would be the demon.
28 Jun 2017, 10:29 AM
Lead Strategist Badge

What do you guess will your school books write about the 2.WW, if germany won the war?

Sense? We are talking here about ingame coh2.
28 Jun 2017, 10:43 AM

Maybe nobody now, but before WBP it was a mainstream relation to all the modes.
28 Jun 2017, 10:56 AM
Lead Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jun 2017, 10:43 AMHater

Maybe nobody now, but before WBP it was a mainstream relation to all the modes.

Really? OMG...
Maybe because allies were op in this time?

We talk atm only about the acutal balance!

28 Jun 2017, 12:04 PM

Maybe because allies were op in this time?
We talk atm only about the acutal balance!

Could you be more sarcastic? I said only that even when allies considered OP there was exactly same ratio as it is now (besides few days just after brit release when everybody tried new faction).
28 Jun 2017, 16:20 PM

Have you been on these forums lol? Maybe not sane people, but plenty of people say it.
28 Jun 2017, 16:21 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

In the past maybe? But not in the acutal meta i guess.

( We are not talking about 1vs1 soviet t1 into lendlease!)

But as you can see guys: EFA mod and etc are working on it.
28 Jun 2017, 16:22 PM

Offtopic, but I wouldn't be able to see "my school books". I'd be dead for being "racially inferior" or "subhuman" or some shit if the Germans won WW2 (in English it's WW2, not 2WW).

In the past maybe? But not in the acutal meta i guess.

( We are not talking about 1vs1 soviet t1 into lendlease!)

But as you can see guys: EFA mod and etc are working on it.

Ontopic, no, I meant on recent forums pertaining to the current meta. Look on the EFA revamp forums or that nerf brits forum.

Edit: there's even an "okw is empirically proven to be underpowered" thread.
28 Jun 2017, 18:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jun 2017, 12:04 PMHater

Could you be more sarcastic? I said only that even when allies considered OP there was exactly same ratio as it is now (besides few days just after brit release when everybody tried new faction).

Come on - that's just not accurate.

Pre-WBP, when Allies were considered strong, there would be 45-60% searching as Allies.

Post release of Windustry commander in early 2014 (or was it late 2013?), search percentages shifted strongly towards Allies.

At all other points Axis have been undeniably stronger in larger team modes, and commonly there has been 70%+ searching as Axis.

The mass market will gravitate to whatever faction they think is most powerful and most easy to use. That's a logical decision if your objective is trying to win, so can't really be criticized. But it's laughable that so many people try to make out that the mainstream favor OKW so strongly because of 'cool uniforms' or 'liking playing the bad guy.' As soon as balance shifts decisively the other way, the mainstream will start playing with the new strongest / easiest to play faction.
28 Jun 2017, 22:16 PM

I think the reason why so many people play the German factions is because its taboo. The idea as playing as "the bad guys" in any game that lets you is appealing to a lot of people.

So going by your logic, if I am playing Rising Storm 2: Vietnam and play as the Vietnamese, am I playing the good guys or the bad guys?

On-topic:

Come on - that's just not accurate.

At all other points Axis have been undeniably stronger in larger team modes, and commonly there has been 70%+ searching as Axis.

The mass market will gravitate to whatever faction they think is most powerful and most easy to use.

Clearly you've never been on a receiving end of a 4v4 Axis losing streak of 10, have you?

As long as emplacements remain, Allies will always be OP
29 Jun 2017, 01:05 AM

As long as emplacements remain, Allies will always be OP

:lolol::rofl::rofl::rofl::lolol:
29 Jun 2017, 17:59 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Two off topic posts invised.

This thread is in serious danger of derailing itself. If you cannot stay on topic, there may only be one option...
30 Jun 2017, 06:05 AM

why offtopic?

you ask why so many people play germans...i say that in every/most ww2 game the german faktion is the most favourite played faction.

it is a gerneral answer need.

thats why i try to explain why germans faction are most popular...it was not the winner of the war....but their strategie and tactic is so much out of the world...look to their running over armys from france/poland/ sovjets etc etc
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★