Login

russian armor

Does anyone ever tech all tiers?

16 Jun 2017, 21:02 PM

Sometimes I wish I could have access to all the team weapons (without using airborne), but I feel like I'd be shooting myself in the foot for forgoing a light vehicle or a sherman rush. Does anyone have experience with effectively teching both lt and captain (not counting backteching 40 minutes in)?
16 Jun 2017, 21:30 PM
Donator 11

Watch how devm plays. He usually goes LT into captain. Dave also does it sometimes. This works but you have to use these additional weapons like mgs, LVs, stuart and officer to pressure your opponent all the time not allowing him to outtech you. If you fail to do that, you can always go emergency m10 and still win so it is safe to practice this strategy.

The alternative way to get mgs and at guns is to go LT into airborne.
16 Jun 2017, 21:56 PM

I believe Imperial Dane has some games where I back tech to gain some units once I have stabilized and don't feel pressured rushing my tech. Like ferwiner said armor company can help in case you fall too far behind but if Axis starts rolling out Panthers and such I'd recommended teching to Major for Jackson as M10 don't cut it against heavier armor. Generally going LT into CPT allows me to put pressure on my opponent and getting .50 cals helps reduce bleed if used well. CPT On Me! is a major tool and can help swing most engagements. Sadly pak isn't well worth it imo and the Stuart is decent.
17 Jun 2017, 02:02 AM

I like going LT and getting some bazookas to cover myself from light vehicles, works for me, so long as you rush that Sherman.
17 Jun 2017, 06:36 AM

Well getting all tiers doesn't work for me since you get all those free squads and I don't have the best micro in the world, so I can't keep an eye on all of them.

It also depends on what kind of game and opponent you get. I rarely have a particular build for USF, but I do like to get an at gun early and a pak howi eventually. So sometimes I am forced to get both the Captain and the LT.

Most of the times however, I simply skip the LT and get a Captain and then go straight for a sherman. I really find the sherman to be one of the best tanks in the game because of its offensive smoke capabilities, its HE shell and its decent performance vs a P4 considering its price.

Getting all tiers as USF isn't something that is really needed if you look at the faction closely. Most doctrines, if not all, give you the ability to skip a tier or more than one tiers! For example airborne can allow you to skip tiers because of the airdrop at gun and 50 cal and go straight for shermans. The armor doctrine allows you to skip the last tier all together...

On a side note, I miss being able to call in an airborne at gun and have it reinforce by air haha.
17 Jun 2017, 18:47 PM

Well getting all tiers doesn't work for me since you get all those free squads and I don't have the best micro in the world, so I can't keep an eye on all of them.

It also depends on what kind of game and opponent you get. I rarely have a particular build for USF, but I do like to get an at gun early and a pak howi eventually. So sometimes I am forced to get both the Captain and the LT.

Most of the times however, I simply skip the LT and get a Captain and then go straight for a sherman. I really find the sherman to be one of the best tanks in the game because of its offensive smoke capabilities, its HE shell and its decent performance vs a P4 considering its price.

Getting all tiers as USF isn't something that is really needed if you look at the faction closely. Most doctrines, if not all, give you the ability to skip a tier or more than one tiers! For example airborne can allow you to skip tiers because of the airdrop at gun and 50 cal and go straight for shermans. The armor doctrine allows you to skip the last tier all together...

On a side note, I miss being able to call in an airborne at gun and have it reinforce by air haha.

That's why airborne is my most used commander, because I can go captain and have a suppression platform. Paras and paths combo is also very cool, but not that viable in 1v1 because obligatory riflespam and free officers. Airborne crewed at guns were cool lol.

Thanks for all the other replies btw, gonna have to check out those games.
21 Jun 2017, 01:43 AM
Developer Relic Badge

Teching all tiers is in my opinion the best way to go, If you have all the tools available from all the tiers then it makes your playstyle more flexible. This comes from a 1v1 perspective, in teamgames you might want to skip a tier and let your teammate cover what you lack.

Liutenant tier offers good anti infantry options like the HMG that is underrated a lot of times and the m20 that if built in the right timing (between the 4-5min mark) can snowball your lead to an early victory.

Captain tier is basically the opposite of the liutenant tier since it offers mostly anti tank options with a it of anti infantry with the stuart, both of these tiers in conjuction with rifle play should let you counter anything thrown at you.
21 Jun 2017, 11:51 AM
Lead Strategist Badge

I think Lt and then Captain into Call in like m10 or Pershing is one of the best ways.

Ofc when you go LT and you have double fuel you can rush major for a fast sherman. But when its a hard game LT, Captain --> Callin tank

P.S I think we are talking here about 1vs1 USA right?!
21 Jun 2017, 13:04 PM
Senior Referee Badge

One offtopic post invised and a post invised which quoted the offtopic post.

In the 10 usf 1v1 games ive played i liked going lieutenant, captain, m10 or pershing as well. You can also go captain -> major -> sherman. Works most of the times as well. And then go pershing. Gotta have good fuel control for this though.
21 Jun 2017, 13:58 PM

I've recently started going LT -> Captain and have been enjoying it as I've recently fallen in love with the .50 Cal. Generally I've been forgoing light vehicles unless I'm crushing it early and want extra pressure to push my advantage. Versus OKW if I see a Battlegroup I'll sometimes skip Captain and just backtech for AT Guns if I need it later. Generally I try to play it safe and float 100~ Munis for Bazookas and an early-ish Weapon Rack to cover myself from light vehicles or Call-ins.

If you do go for Armor Company (or stall for Pershing) the major benefit is that you can unlock grenades and weapon racks earlier with no pressure to rush for Major Tech and gain the infantry advantage and map control earlier. I mostly just think that going LT first gives you such an AI advantage that it improves your chances of snowballing (especially if it's a map with a dominant garrison(s) that you can fully utilize .50 Cals in. ) which is why I why I agree with Sturmpanther and have mostly been utilizing that strategy.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 25
Peru 11
United Kingdom 51
unknown 4
United States 4
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W