Login

russian armor

T34

16 Jun 2017, 04:53 AM

Isnt P4 suppose to be better than t34. How come so many of my p4/stug shots either bounce or miss. The t34 always penetrates AND it always kills an infantry model when it shoots. I even glided and timed my shots perfectly when moving with P4, why such bad rng consecutively?
Should I play defensively against t34?
16 Jun 2017, 09:07 AM
Strategist Badge

The T34 is certainly a very good tank for its cost, and the P4 does have trouble with it, partly because it is normally out numbered.

Sometimes you just get unlucky. However consider that the P4 is a very good support tank, it can have a pintal mount MG and with some vet becomes a good all-rounder.

Against multiple T34's i would suggest having at least one AT gun and if you are struggling still might be good to get Pgrens with shreks.
16 Jun 2017, 09:28 AM

Isnt P4 suppose to be better than t34. How come so many of my p4/stug shots either bounce or miss. The t34 always penetrates AND it always kills an infantry model when it shoots. I even glided and timed my shots perfectly when moving with P4, why such bad rng consecutively?
Should I play defensively against t34?

Why do my T34s never do this :foreveralone:

As for the P4 vs T34 matchup, the p4 is a good and reliable medium generalist. It is good vs infantry, good vs tanks and sucks vs heavier tanks, just like the T34. However, unlike the p4, the T34 can struggle vs medium tanks and its performance is mainly rng based.

Your P4 should always be supported by your units, as should your T34. Keep your grenadiers close to your P4 and let them support each other. A pak 40, if you have one, could be in the vicinity also. Your P4 is pretty expensive and rewards you when you keep it alive and let it acquire veterancy, so don't throw it away mindlessly and do not sent it in unsupported! The reason most people go balls deep with a T34 is because it is very cheap, you can have another one in a short while. This will not happen with a P4, so be cautious!

Be mindful with the vet 1 Blitz ability. This ability is mostly used to get out of dodge in pesky situations, but you could use it to make the P4 shine. Use it offensively, to suddenly overwhelm your opponent's tank, emplacement, at guns or whatnot!
16 Jun 2017, 15:03 PM

Just don't do risky moves with your Pz.IV until vet 2. Use it to do some manpower bleeding.
With blitz and skirts you have much better chances against T-34 swarms.

The reason most people go balls deep with a T34 is because it is very cheap, you can have another one in a short while. This will not happen with a P4, so be cautious!

Disagree with this on two points:
1) T-34 is cheap fuel-wise, yes, but Soviets usually lack manpower and 300 MP is quite a lot for what it offers. Even modders have addressed it by lowering manpower costs and raising fuel costs.

2) The reason most people go balls deep with T-34 is its bad penetration and generally high frontal armor value of opposing units.

Agreed about Pz.IV.
16 Jun 2017, 20:30 PM

K. So I find myself 1 on 1 vs a t34 should I bail? I was certain that a 125 fuel tank should win over a 90 fuel tank.
16 Jun 2017, 20:37 PM

K. So I find myself 1 on 1 vs a t34 should I bail? I was certain that a 125 fuel tank should win over a 90 fuel tank.

You should win. I think staying far would help (I think, not totally sure, that the p4 should be advantaged at a distance in terms of both received and outgoing penetration chance), and staying still while taking shots would definitely help, so you don't miss.
16 Jun 2017, 23:02 PM

You should win. I think staying far would help (I think, not totally sure, that the p4 should be advantaged at a distance in terms of both received and outgoing penetration chance), and staying still while taking shots would definitely help, so you don't miss.

That helps, thanks. I just wasn't sure if I had really bad luck or just underestimated the t34.
When it bounced stug rounds more than once I was really confused.
17 Jun 2017, 03:38 AM

That helps, thanks. I just wasn't sure if I had really bad luck or just underestimated the t34.
When it bounced stug rounds more than once I was really confused.

Bouncing stugs? That's surprising, must be really bad rng. Stugs can usually penetrate all mediums pretty consistently and even pen advanced mediums like comets serviceably as well. That's coming from a guy who (when he actually plays ostheer, which is more often lately) (ab)uses stug spam as hard as possible. I had one time where my sherman with 40 health bounced 2 okw p4 shots at mid range too lol.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★