Login

russian armor

Bug with initial recharge for ability

29 May 2017, 21:57 PM
Donator 11

So I want grenades of squads that can spawn from ambient buildings to start on cool-down as in the EFA Revamp mod. I started with Partisans and tried both the initial_recharge method (used by Infiltration Tactics grenades) and the requirements_self_recharge method (used by Assault Grenadier grenades) and both methods resulted in the Partisans' grenades getting stuck at 0 seconds. I also tried removing the shared_timer, but that didn't help. So now I'm stuck.

Can anyone help me? Maybe somebody from the Balance Team?
30 May 2017, 15:50 PM

You can get access to the source files for the mod here:
https://github.com/xxpatch/consmod

I think I tried both ways that you've listed. In both cases it seems that for the initial 30-ish seconds (when the grenades are on cooldown) the visuals do not indicate the correct number of seconds remaining.

At least that's what I experienced when I was debugging the mod in single-player.

I haven't actually tried infiltration units in multiplayer yet. If the count-down works properly, then things will also work for your mod.

2 Jun 2017, 07:05 AM
Donator 11

It's very generous of you guys to make those files available like that.

But have you noticed that the recharge for the grenades resets whenever you reinforce the squad? I wonder if these issues might get fixed if EFA Revamp ever gets turned into an official patch...
4 Jun 2017, 23:32 PM

I wasn't aware of that :O

I'll investigate.
10 Jun 2017, 17:15 PM

I don't know if you're still interested in this, however, here is how to completely solve the issues you brought up:
- Set initial recharge to True for the abilities in question
- Move the abilities from ebps to sbps

Done!
10 Jun 2017, 17:37 PM
Donator 11

Wow, that's pretty wacky that initial_recharge would only work with a squad ability. Thanks for figuring that out. I wonder why grenade abilities are usually on the entity if they can just as easily be on the squad?
10 Jun 2017, 18:08 PM

Wow, that's pretty wacky that initial_recharge would only work with a squad ability.

Recharge thing works even if the ability is under ebps. However, you won't be seeing the actual cooldown :( No idea why.

Thanks for figuring that out. I wonder why grenade abilities are usually on the entity if they can just as easily be on the squad?

No idea why.

The AI, sometimes, gets wacky with MG crews using their abilities. So far the AI has only been doing that with conscript AT nades. However, there are reports that the AI can sometimes also use bundle nades when manning MGs.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★