Centaur vet1 ability

20 May 2017, 18:39 PM

What does it even do?
20 May 2017, 18:57 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Shreds infantry.
20 May 2017, 19:35 PM

Shreds infantry.

Well yeah but how does it work? I rarely ever use the centaur but my friend said the ability is really good.
20 May 2017, 19:55 PM

Well yeah but how does it work? I rarely ever use the centaur but my friend said the ability is really good.

Well you click and drag a line, making the line longer doesnt mean it fires more shots so if you drag just a short one, like over a rakkketen, pak gun or a clumped up squad it is a huge chance of a wipe, while dragging a longer one can bleed a blob, or- if they retreat at the wrong time to the wrong direction, also cause a wipe. It fires very rapidly, so it usually pays off
20 May 2017, 20:42 PM

Reliably wipes a AT gun
20 May 2017, 20:51 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Well you click and drag a line, making the line longer doesnt mean it fires more shots so if you drag just a short one, like over a rakkketen, pak gun or a clumped up squad it is a huge chance of a wipe, while dragging a longer one can bleed a blob, or- if they retreat at the wrong time to the wrong direction, also cause a wipe. It fires very rapidly, so it usually pays off

^ Longer line =/= more damage. Longer line = DPS is spread over the entire line. If you make a very small line it'll burst very quickly but only in that small area, where as the longer line can be used to predict movements/retreats and uses lower DPS but over the course of a larger spread.
20 May 2017, 20:56 PM

The real question is... is Centaur really worth buying?
20 May 2017, 22:17 PM

^ Longer line =/= more damage. Longer line = DPS is spread over the entire line. If you make a very small line it'll burst very quickly but only in that small area, where as the longer line can be used to predict movements/retreats and uses lower DPS but over the course of a larger spread.

That actually sounds pretty legit.
jump backJump back to quoted post20 May 2017, 20:56 PMLeatham

In most cases no by my experience but sometimes when I'm really ahead I do want an infantry shredder especially against okw in teamgames.
20 May 2017, 22:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 May 2017, 20:56 PMLeatham

If you're already ahead enough that it can't be contested by enemy mediums its sometimes worth it, but otherwise its piss-poor mobility is usually a death sentence.
20 May 2017, 22:54 PM

If you're already ahead enough that it can't be contested by enemy mediums its sometimes worth it, but otherwise its piss-poor mobility is usually a death sentence.

Yeah the whole "slightly more acceleration than a kt" mobility design given to the centaur. It's not (like the description says) very heavily armored so in my limited experience with it it usually dies to anything of equivalent size. I'll usually keep it by a hedge or something to dodge behind if a tank or pak shows up. I kinda got used to the usf flaktrack so I can keep centaurs alive decently.
20 May 2017, 23:15 PM

The ability also has suppression although it will probably kill before it will suppress.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★