Login

russian armor

Sturmtiger in next patch

15 May 2017, 07:56 AM

"Sturmtiger

Is an over-the-top infantry killer. Has no business killing medium tanks too:
- Damage from 640 to 560
- Removed vehicle criticals
- Mutually-exclusive with KT (Abandon removed to avoid abuse)

(Sure, fuel price should go up, but that's lower priority than the stuff that makes Sturmtiger completely broken)"
Mr.Smith
---------------

My suggestion for the Sturmtiger would be to become better at it's real life role. It should become a counter to emplacements/buildings. Since emplacement are problematic having units and abilities good at countering them could help with the issue. These could include Sturmtiger, stuka, and brumbar.

So my suggestion would:
Reduce damage even more 480 but add damage vs emplacement/buildings similar to avre. One could even make it ignore some of the damage reduction of brace.

Replace the abandon mechanism with mechanism that increase reload time is the unit come under fire during reload.
15 May 2017, 08:39 AM

reduce dmg, let him reload while move, make him faster (cause no turrent)
15 May 2017, 09:56 AM

I don't question the validity of your opinion, but there is already a thread on the front page of the forum about Sturm-Tigers in the next patch. It'll make it easier for the balance team to find balance ideas if you post there:

https://www.coh2.org/topic/61106/teamgame-dominant-meta/page/26

15 May 2017, 09:59 AM

Next week on coh2.org: .222 is OP
The following week: puma OP
The week after that: mg42 OP

See I can do it too
15 May 2017, 10:12 AM

there is already a thread exists no way you can have sturmtiger nerf until you nerf avre too which will make them both useless..

if you want to reduce damage to 640 to 580 and remove crit

then remove abandon mechanic let reload on move and decrease reload time by 10 seconds
nee
15 May 2017, 11:52 AM

Nerf Sturmtiger considerably, AND make exclusive with KT?
I'd not even consider the idea if you buffed it, let alone multiple nerfs.

We already have Walking Stuka to deal with emplacements. Sturmtiger just gets shoehorned into absolute must or absolute trash compared with KT. At least now, players can screw up choosing one before the other, or worse bring in both.
15 May 2017, 13:59 PM

There are bigger issues right now

Such as emplacements aka brace, and calliope

I maybe once MAYBE once used a ST for an emplacement.

Stuka on emplacements. Well refer back to brace and self healing.

Both can even further be useless if the sim city commander is picked.
15 May 2017, 14:38 PM

and how in the hell is sturmtiger over the top infnatry killer..??

a t70 panzer 2 or sherman with he rounds are better at killing infy then sturmtiger...in the given amount of time also the whole attraction of sturmtiger is to line up shots and is hard to predict,its a very high risk and reward unit..there is not 2 ways about it sturmtiger is fine as it is if anything replace the pathetic grenade at vet 1 with smoke,they are more units that can be considered if they are balanced or not...sturmtiger is bottom on the list to balance
15 May 2017, 14:39 PM

There are bigger issues right now

Such as emplacements aka brace, and calliope

I maybe once MAYBE once used a ST for an emplacement.

Stuka on emplacements. Well refer back to brace and self healing.

Both can even further be useless if the sim city commander is picked.

Did you actually read my suggestions? If these units/abilities become better vs emplacement/brace one can keep them useful while nerfing their damage vs other targets.
15 May 2017, 15:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 May 2017, 14:39 PMVipper

Di you actually read my suggestions? If these units/abilities become better vs emplacement/brace one can keep them useful while nerfing their damage vs other targets.

So basically only useful vs emplacements? Nobody every going to buy it ever again.
15 May 2017, 15:32 PM

So basically only useful vs emplacements? Nobody every going to buy it ever again.

If in your opinion a weapon that does 480 is not useful then do not use it, but then again AVRE is used.

Units should bring different things on the table and not depend on lots of damage to be attractive.
15 May 2017, 16:04 PM

Are you going to do a thread for your every suggestion instead of quote-post in the initial topic like everyone does?
16 May 2017, 08:44 AM

lets get serious....how long and which huge skill do u need to use the sturmtiger in a OP way??

it vet so slow...is a high risk commander with crap oter possibilitys...its a trollgun...very easy to dodge and counter.

if a player manage it to play op with...he deserved it. look to the brit players..which nned no skill to ppush one button and let the planes / arti do a brain-afk job

ST need skill...and the player shouldget a price for skill...
brits commander buttons need no skill...and get one of the biggest prices in this game...yeah
16 May 2017, 08:48 AM
Developer Relic Badge

lets get serious....how long and which huge skill do u need to use the sturmtiger in a OP way??

it vet so slow...is a high risk commander with crap oter possibilitys...its a trollgun...very easy to dodge and counter.

if a player manage it to play op with...he deserved it. look to the brit players..which nned no skill to ppush one button and let the planes / arti do a brain-afk job

Hide behind a shot blocker and nuke everyone?

The vehicle does need tuning due to the fact it can OHK practically anything outside LOS (35) and pierces through shotblockers and crits vehicles for no reason.
16 May 2017, 08:52 AM

Hide behind a shot blocker and nuke everyone?

maybe dont blobb ur units? recon? a fast push after he shoot?
maybe play smart&clever and not drunk&dumb?
16 May 2017, 09:05 AM

jagdtiger is by far the better choice in much teamgames...it has very good abilitys in this commander. The Sturmtiger is often a useless commander...only good on urban maps..

it is far away from Op and not much use like the LM commander or lend and lease.
16 May 2017, 09:07 AM
Developer Relic Badge

maybe dont blobb ur units? recon? a fast push after he shoot?
maybe play smart&clever and not drunk&dumb?

Tell me what recon unit can see through shotblockers at range 45?

16 May 2017, 09:21 AM

allies have very much air recons in their abilitys. I think you know that.
16 May 2017, 09:27 AM

ST is simply one of these units that RNG is too high. It can be extremely effective or useless. In one of the championship game it killed 2 Sherman with 1 shot.

Unit like that are difficult to balance and rather frustrating to use or face. The unit should perform more consistently.

Giving it role as more dedicated counter to fortification will help the unit become more consistent.
16 May 2017, 09:30 AM

allies have very much air recons in their abilitys. I think you know that.

And this can acquit OP ST? Then why ISU-152 got different shells and removed ability to focus sight? if axis have best AT in game (shrecks, paks, elefants, jagtigers, KT and so on)? Maybe because old ISU-152 wiped all AT squads from another side of map with laser accuracy?
ST no need high level skill, after some practicing you could wiped units witl little efforts. Just use one squad to bite and shoot enemy. You can't see ST in fog of war (or you need choice RIGHT doctrine against only ST). Just shoot in maximum range and AOE will do everything for you, if you shoot to tanks, enemy can't retreat, and infantry have very little time to react on rocket.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★