Login

russian armor

Lend Lease is completely broken

14 May 2017, 22:29 PM

Map control is my answer.

Penal and dhsk combo will push you of the map and keep you confined. No way to get enough of the map in a 1v1 unless your opponent screws up.
14 May 2017, 22:56 PM

Ah yes... "The maxim was too strong so we have done everything we could short of removing it from the game (that was out of scope) so now that soviet players STILL want a supression platform we are going to nerf the DSHK to old maxim levels (of course players will still rely on the same doctrines so they have some attempt at supression) and we will accomplish nothing.

All the DSHK needs is to bleed, treat its reinforcement cost like it was a 4 man crew so losses hurt more than (LITERALLY) replacing the worst infantry in the game. If losing crew hurt you automaticly limit it by causing meaningful bleed. I mean seriously. You can replace CONSCRIPTS who will accomplish.... Nothing at all... Ever or for the same replacment cost you can get a DSHK who will stop infantry, hurt infantry, hold the line, and is a threat to light armour. Hmmmm i think ill go with the conscripts (said no body ever. Because cons are worthless)
14 May 2017, 23:08 PM

Penal and dhsk combo will push you of the map and keep you confined. No way to get enough of the map in a 1v1 unless your opponent screws up.

I understand.

But instead of nerfing it, what units/abilities would you need to have or would need to be tuned up to have a chance against it ?
14 May 2017, 23:18 PM
Admin Red  Badge

Hid one off-topic topic post and cleaned up the posts quoting the hidden post. Sorry to the folks affected.
14 May 2017, 23:53 PM

No. Please. Stop this madness.

A DshK is a 12.7 mm machine gun. It should suppress and do a ton of damage. Do not nerf it. Add a CP or something, but ffs, a vickers or an mg42 shouldn't have shit on a DshK or an M2.

Force teching for the m4c. Fix the call in meta. That's it.
15 May 2017, 00:11 AM

This time i can't agree with you, please don't touch it.

1-DSHK is doctrinal.

2-It has many counters: LeIG, mortars, walkin stuka, smoke + anything.

Don't make another commander useless plz.

You do know you just confirmed extream bias and probably made all your past and future post useless.

Just because it's doctorinal or expensive doesn't make that justified for its extream OP.
15 May 2017, 00:18 AM

You do know you just confirmed extream bias and probably made all your past and future post useless.

Just because it's doctorinal or expensive doesn't make that justified for its extream OP.

I understand.

But instead of nerfing it, what units/abilities would you need to have or would need to be tuned up to have a chance against it ?
15 May 2017, 01:46 AM

1-DSHK is doctrinal.

That doesnt mean it should be immune to balance changes, or are you ok with 6 popcap pfussils?

LeIG comes late, is expensive and isnt at all effective at stopping mg spam.

Walking stuka gimps any sort of light vehicle play, and is countered by a simple reposition.

That said, DSHKa doesn't necessarily need nerfs, the LeIG just needs to be rebalanced. IMO it should have a chance to hit or a lower arc when it has LOS perhaps with a lower range. It should really be like a mini Zis barrage.
15 May 2017, 02:24 AM

That doesnt mean it should be immune to balance changes, or are you ok with 6 popcap pfussils?

LeIG comes late, is expensive and isnt at all effective at stopping mg spam.

Walking stuka gimps any sort of light vehicle play, and is countered by a simple reposition.

That said, DSHKa doesn't necessarily need nerfs, the LeIG just needs to be rebalanced. IMO it should have a chance to hit or a lower arc when it has LOS perhaps with a lower range. It should really be like a mini Zis barrage.

Your proposition feel better then just nerfing it.
Overuse of nerfing units and abilities just make the game simpler and dull.

Nerfing = the quickest solution, but not always the best one. (sometime the only one...)
15 May 2017, 02:24 AM
Patrion 14

There is an obvious large and influential segment of this community that will not rest until the allies are nerved into oblivion and the game is reduced to axis mirror matches, all in the name of balance.

They nerf so much stuff already and smart players find a work around that gives them a chance to win a game and a shrieking wail accompanied by the gushing of tears to nerf the allies even more fills this community yet once again. This game will soon be ruined by these people !!!
15 May 2017, 02:49 AM

Dshk is op? I still remember how the "skillful" axis player use its grenadier blob to "flank" my dshk from the front and using rifle nades to wipe my full health dshk. Another example is a "OKW dedicated skillful" click from stuka that wipe my dshk in a second. Simply you can't measure late ally mg using the same standard considering axis already having a lot counter option after 8-10 minute mark. Axis is always easier to play against ally team weapon spam.

For M4C, I don't mind it being locked behind tech. But please lock command panther, stug e, strum tiger ,jagtiger, elefant ,is2, isu152, kv1 behind tech also.
15 May 2017, 02:58 AM

Appropriate nerfs I would think would to raise the reinforcement cost, lower suppression a tab (Just so it didn't instant pin) and possibly raise it one cp. In turn, buff it's ap rounds.

The M4C Sherman is fine all to me, I do think it should be tied to tech along with everything else that isn't yet.

15 May 2017, 03:06 AM

Appropriate nerfs I would think would to raise the reinforcement cost, lower suppression a tab (Just so it didn't instant pin) and possibly raise it one cp. In turn, buff it's ap rounds.

The M4C Sherman is fine all to me, I do think it should be tied to tech along with everything else that isn't yet.

You must not lower the suppression. Otherwise It will repeat the tragedy of vicker without any garrisoned range bonus and extra sight that allow volks blob to throw flamenades from the front
15 May 2017, 03:34 AM

You must not lower the suppression. Otherwise It will repeat the tragedy of vicker without any garrisoned range bonus and extra sight that allow volks blob to throw flamenades from the front

Do you know what would even happen if the dshka had 0 suppression?

Volks could walk up sure, but they will still get eaten up by the dshas ~70 DPS and even if they were able to throw a flame nade the dshka could simply just reposition and/or sprint away.
15 May 2017, 03:46 AM

Do you know what would even happen if the dshka had 0 suppression?

Volks could walk up sure, but they will still get eaten up by the dshas ~70 DPS and even if they were able to throw a flame nade the dshka could simply just reposition and/or sprint away.

I imagine it like the autocannon from DOW 2 but with rapid fire and only able to affect infantry and light vehicles, would be good IMO, different type of unit could be cool imo.
15 May 2017, 03:50 AM

This time i can't agree with you, please don't touch it.

1-DSHK is doctrinal.

Dshka really does need a suppression nerf though. It pins in like 2 bursts. I wouldn't do anything else to it and also the cargo run really should come from the player's side instead of the opponent, seeing all the free AA OKW has access to. It gets shot down half the time even if there's only one okw player with no schwerer set up.
15 May 2017, 03:52 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 May 2017, 03:46 AMRamps

I imagine it like the autocannon from DOW 2 but with rapid fire and only able to affect infantry and light vehicles, would be good IMO, different type of unit could be cool imo.

It wouldn't counter blobs anymore tho, and would stil be super vulnerable to nades of any kind even with the crazy dps.
15 May 2017, 04:15 AM

It wouldn't counter blobs anymore tho, and would stil be super vulnerable to nades of any kind even with the crazy dps.

True, was thinking more on 2vs2 and 1vs1. But if it would be dps dependant and it's dps would be buffed it could be op in 1vs1 or 2vs2 I guess.
15 May 2017, 04:37 AM
Donator 33

What about removing the conscript repair ability and replace it with "hit the dirt" or "rapid conscription"? That way you have to build more than one engineer (which removes the abundance of merge from conscripts). Russian conscripts repairing american made tanks sounds kind of um, uh... "romantic". Having three or four Sherman's out on the field without enough engineers to repair them would be a big problem that the player would have to deal with (and the opponent to seize on) during the match. I believe changing this one ability will fix the balance of this commander WITHOUT nerfing or removing its core strategy/idea. Thoughts?

Also fixing Prisoners ( Penals/Cheap Guards now ) from having AT rifles might need to happen as well but that's for a different Post.
15 May 2017, 04:55 AM

It's just being historically accurate!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight