Login

russian armor

5 Year Plan

13 May 2017, 17:53 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Out of curiosity, why do people want Japan or Africa, and not Italy? An Africa DLC would have reoccurring units and less diversity?
13 May 2017, 17:58 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Gibe Japs pl0x.

I aint even a weeb.

13 May 2017, 18:00 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

I think a lot of people cant see the potential of the italian theater.
Everyone had read stories about the eastern front and the normandy/western front. But italy is like an unknown battlefield for a lot of people.

I would be happy to see the italian army ingame.
13 May 2017, 18:10 PM
Donator 11

I think a lot of people cant see the potential of the italian theater.
Everyone had read stories about the eastern front and the normandy/western front. But italy is like an unknown battlefield for a lot of people.

I would be happy to see the italian army ingame.

One catch is the Italian army didn't fight in Italy. I would however like some content here. apparently they had a plan for coh1 for an Italian expansion but instead chose to try COH online.
13 May 2017, 18:13 PM

Out of curiosity, why do people want Japan or Africa, and not Italy? An Africa DLC would have reoccurring units and less diversity?

Because Italy does not have equipment for a full Faction. Even if it built according to the US concept - without heavy tanks. With German heavy tanks it will be the 4,5 Germans fraction (VCoH+CoH2). Japan will approach this concept - it is self-sufficient.
13 May 2017, 18:22 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post13 May 2017, 18:10 PMArray

One catch is the Italian army didn't fight in Italy. I would however like some content here. apparently they had a plan for coh1 for an Italian expansion but instead chose to try COH online.

Jupp. Because both italian armies fought in Italy ;) The RSI army and the italian co-belligerent army.
So i cant see the problem?

Because Italy does not have equipment for a full Faction. Even if it built according to the US concept - without heavy tanks. With German heavy tanks it will be the 4,5 Germans fraction (VCoH+CoH2). Japan will approach this concept - it is self-sufficient.

Why Italy does not have the equipment?
I see enough tanks, weapons and equipment for a full faction.

My problem with Japan is the fact that the asian campaign was more or less a full combined arms battle with naval units, strong air force focus, amphibious warfare, ectpp. That would be difficult for the current CoH design.

13 May 2017, 18:22 PM

Because Italy does not have equipment for a full Faction.

But it does. Seriously, if Axis can have heaps of Ostwinds when 45 were made, then pumas when 101 were made, and Brits driving around with Comets and US with Pershings, it's really not a stretch at this point for italians to have Semovente da 90/53 as a jackson equivalent, possibly with some other variant of Cannone da 90/53 for heavy tank busting and Carro Armato P 40 as a sherman/t34 equivalent. Then Semovente da 105/25 for a brummbar/stuh like contraption and you're done with T4. Lower tiers are a complete non-issue.
L3/35 would be pretty hilarious as it's actualy quite a bit smaller than a kubel.
13 May 2017, 19:48 PM

But it does. Seriously, if Axis can have heaps of Ostwinds when 45 were made, then pumas when 101 were made, and Brits driving around with Comets and US with Pershings, it's really not a stretch at this point for italians to have Semovente da 90/53 as a jackson equivalent, possibly with some other variant of Cannone da 90/53 for heavy tank busting and Carro Armato P 40 as a sherman/t34 equivalent. Then Semovente da 105/25 for a brummbar/stuh like contraption and you're done with T4. Lower tiers are a complete non-issue.
L3/35 would be pretty hilarious as it's actualy quite a bit smaller than a kubel.

Okay, maybe you fill the basic Tiers, but you have nothing to add to the commanders, call the Panther like a Tank Hunter? The Japanese can be added Type 4 Chi-To - as a heavy anti-tank tank, and Type 5 Chi-Re can be called only once per fight (because only one tank was built). Plus, the Japanese have a trophy Sherman.

13 May 2017, 19:51 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

Semovente 105 and Semovente 90 are candidates for doctrines. You can work with the "normal" Semovente 75 (75/18 and 75/46) and the M15/42 or P26/40.
13 May 2017, 20:01 PM

Permanently Banned

Japan are trash, Italy too, but German army at Italy would be better.
13 May 2017, 22:30 PM

It's a video game. The units can be balanced accordingly. Stop talking about this historical garbage as we've seen PLENTY of stuff that doesn't follow suite. There are plenty of Japanese units that will make for a UNIQUE Axis faction. The Allies have 3 Unique armies that fight very differently. I can't see Italy or Afrika Corp adding anything we don't already have.

Japan could have tunnels, naval artillery, amphibious vehicles, many light tank/medium options, captured trophy shermans, suicide squads, banzai planes, officers with katanas that lead charges (no need for melee but would be awesome), offensive/defensive multipliers when pairing with certain officer units (unit links kinda like brits officers in coh1), big concrete bunker AT guns, deathtraps, snipers in trees, large squads, knee mortars in rifle squads, VERY strong air presence.

Most ppl who say they don't want Japan live in Europe for some reason. Do you Europeans hate asians? haha. No logical reason puts Italy or Afrika over the Imperial Japanese Army (IJA).

Not to mention the awesome USF and British Pacific inspired commanders that would come with it.

So many cool maps could be made too.

Totally not saying Italy or Afrika Corp aren't cool. But we could get 3-6 really cool new commanders for Germans for these guys.
13 May 2017, 22:38 PM

With DoW3 already down to as many players online as CoH2, I have a tiny bit of hope for some CoH2 dlc

They'll gonna fix dow3 harder means even more abandoning of coh2. Like nobody starting to show in the movies 3-years-old blockbuster just because this year's one is a trash.
14 May 2017, 02:45 AM

Maybe I am only the one here waiting for 4th ToW "the battle of Kursk"
14 May 2017, 06:42 AM
Patrion 310

Waiting on the COH2 and/or DoW3 roadmap:

2016 Roadmap released one year too late, just before Christmas:
*SNIP*
Together, through transparent, coordinated, and collaborative efforts, we can continue to offer anyone who loves and plays COH2 fun and engaging experiences well into next year and beyond.
http://www.companyofheroes.com/blog/2016/12/09/coh2-the-road-ahead

Relic giving praise to itself for being "transparent"?

Relic echo chambers;
We did great, We did great, We did great....

In comparison, Creative Assembly reaches out to the Total War community:
WHAT THE TEAMS ARE WORKING ON 17/03/2017
https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/192834/what-the-teams-are-working-on-17-03-2017
Hey everyone, it’s time again to update you on what’s going on across the Total War teams here at CA. This is part of a semi-regular series of posts which will briefly keep you up-to-date with what each Total War team is currently working on, and you can see a short summary on each below. There are some important things to bear in mind though:

1. We can’t always say exactly what titles are being developed because games might not be announced yet, and we need to remind everyone that plans always change in development and that can lead to titles being altered, moved or even cancelled. So this post should always be taken as subject to change.
2. We’d like to be able to tell you more about what’s going on behind the studio doors, and this is part of that, but if we see this is overly upsetting or confusing people, then we’ll drop it and think of something else.
3. The studio staff working on each team varies over time as the production ramps up/down or enters different stages of development. Not all teams are equal in size, and staffers will move between projects as they are needed.
4. I will update it as often as I can, and I might lock or heavily moderate the comments in this thread in the future, just so that people can see better when it is updated. You can always start another thread if you’d like to discuss the update.

Advice to Relic/SEGA - building a COH community:
The root of the problem here is a lack of trust. Unfortunate, some gamers look to an outlet (a public scapegoat like Braden Chan) for that frustration. Character assassination is not deserved, but it’s just the nature of things. With a more proactive leadership, Relic could easily prevent a lot of unfair criticism.
But if Relic doesn't want to have a toxic environment of players complaining then don't promise things that you can't deliver and then pretend that you have. Like any other positive relationship, trust is earned by being consistent in words and action. Never forget, that actions speak louder than words (see below clip with current Total War Community manager talking about Relic balancing patches).
Imagine if Stormless/A_E were not consistent with GCS/ESL, do you think they would have earned trust within the community and received many tournament donations? Trust is earned.

This clip below is pure gold, which sums up why Relic has failed to earn consumer trust.
By James Given (current Total War Community Manager @DogbertCA) former pro-team;

At 31:25 they talk about Relic constantly failing to patch their own games without breaking something else.

Quote from Generals Gentlemen:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDrmyvbXeIU&t=134s
*SNIP*
Like a lot of things that Relic does, their theory does not turn into practise.

An example with Coh2 is British practically lacking garrison clearing tools because their only flamer is on the Universal Carrier which is too expensive and fragile to actually work. So as a result of Relic having a grand idea of something unique which sounds cool, British struggle on garrison heavy maps since they lack a handheld flamer.
14 May 2017, 08:20 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

It's a video game. The units can be balanced accordingly. Stop talking about this historical garbage as we've seen PLENTY of stuff that doesn't follow suite. There are plenty of Japanese units that will make for a UNIQUE Axis faction. The Allies have 3 Unique armies that fight very differently. I can't see Italy or Afrika Corp adding anything we don't already have.

Japan could have tunnels, naval artillery, amphibious vehicles, many light tank/medium options, captured trophy shermans, suicide squads, banzai planes, officers with katanas that lead charges (no need for melee but would be awesome), offensive/defensive multipliers when pairing with certain officer units (unit links kinda like brits officers in coh1), big concrete bunker AT guns, deathtraps, snipers in trees, large squads, knee mortars in rifle squads, VERY strong air presence.

Most ppl who say they don't want Japan live in Europe for some reason. Do you Europeans hate asians? haha. No logical reason puts Italy or Afrika over the Imperial Japanese Army (IJA).

Not to mention the awesome USF and British Pacific inspired commanders that would come with it.

So many cool maps could be made too.

Totally not saying Italy or Afrika Corp aren't cool. But we could get 3-6 really cool new commanders for Germans for these guys.

What's to stop Relic from adding SPESS MEHREENS in CoH2 if they weren't at least marginally concerned about historical authenticity? Sure you can find plenty of places where that immersion falls short, but it doesn't mean you should say, "FUCK it, let's make that light tank a heavy tank killer."

If we look at a few of the "unique" items that could be brought to the table, Relic has had plenty of opportunities to do the same things with the existing factions. Concrete AT bunkers? There's an unfinished Pantherturm model for the Axis. Never made it into the final cut. Air presence? The best that they could give to Allied air superiority over Europe was the shitty P47 rocket strafe and some paratroopers.

Suicide squads would be damaging to the whole point of CoH2's veterancy system, and will likely never be implemented. A huge part of CoH2 is the unit preservation, which Japan is notoriously poor at.

Italy could also be unique with its L3/35 - if you guys want superkubels (I know I'm not alone here) here they are! Nothing says unique as well as giant tankette fleets.
14 May 2017, 11:46 AM

People need to stop with the japan Shit, that ain't gonna happen. And if I remember correctly relic (I think it was Cynthia, maybe Kyle) confirmed Japan will never be in coh2. Besides, having a 3-100 KD ratio isn't gonna be fun for anyone. "A turkey shoot"

Now a German/intalian based faction I definitely see possible, that would work well with the other factions in the game as well as the current play style, and on another note Japan being a strong navy/Air Force up until we slottered them in midway just wouldn't be a fun army to have in coh2. It would be an axis Virson of sim city and trenches and static game play with the occasional throw of a platoon into a .30 cal.
14 May 2017, 12:19 PM

Guys, the steam summer sale is coming. Relic is probably crossing their fingers ppl buy the game then and it picks up popularity. Didn't coh2 have a rough start as well?
14 May 2017, 12:50 PM

They also said that the game will be about the Eastern Front, and in game will not be Pershing. Or talk about a five-year plan? Believing Relic is like believing a lying policy.

The Pershing was widely wanted and demanded. There is a straggler maybe once a month making a new thread on Japan. And what makes you think that if they can't hold their word, or even patch their own game instead of having community patches that they will go as far as making a whole new faction that is based on the opposite side of the world? Keep dreaming. Who would even want an army that will leave them with a 15 kills/1,000 death ratio?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★