Login

russian armor

Dealing with Kubel Spam

12 May 2017, 22:05 PM

Is it me or USF horribly disadvantaged vs Kubel spam in open maps? Like holy shit the DPS of these guys are insane vs squads in the open. Not to mention they can cap so it's not like they lose capping power anyway. My Rifle squads drop models like flies and so far the only way to stop them is to build extra RE and try to engage from cover. Even then another Kubel can come and push squads away. So there your early game advantage gone and forced to go the backfoot against OKW who has no MP bleed whatsoever(SP can rep any damaged Kubel plus you lose 210MP anyway per unit, not that punishing once OKW pushed USF off the map. Even better if OKW goes Luchs/Pzfuss with G43(which they have Munis for) and proceed to roflstomp the rest of my army. How do you guys deal with this strat at match start or recovery phase? Usually I barely have enough fuel for Lt tier at this stage.
12 May 2017, 22:27 PM

Not much you can do against kublespam on open maps as usf. Just the sad truth.
12 May 2017, 22:27 PM

In one of my last game one cons squad halved HP of my kubel with 4 (four) shots in the front (I was like DAFUQ though). And you are talking about riflemen's struggle :faint: Ofc it can escape easily and harass cutoffs etc but in my hands it doesn't feel so durable and dread as you state (if only open map =/= red cover everywhere).
12 May 2017, 22:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 May 2017, 22:27 PMHater
In one of my last game one cons squad halved HP of my kubel with 4 (four) shots in the front (I was like DAFUQ though). And you are talking about riflemen's struggle :faint:

It's all rng. Kubels don't get penetrated by rifles all the time but on the rare occasions that a bunch of rounds do penetrate that seems to happen. Have you ever played against linked as usf? Because it's a very valid struggle as long as they keep the kubels at long range.
12 May 2017, 22:37 PM

Have you ever played against linked as usf? Because it's a very valid struggle as long as they keep the kubels at long range.

Linked = arranged team? The only thing I wanted to say kubels are cool but far from uncounterable, especially the spam of them. Spam WC51 Jeep :snfPeter: I've chased one kubel through the whole game once without any success. It was just enemy's skill.
12 May 2017, 22:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 May 2017, 22:37 PMHater

Linked = arranged team? The only thing I wanted to say kubels are cool but far from uncounterable, especially the spam of them. Spam WC51 Jeep :snfPeter: I've chased one kubel through the whole game once without any success. It was just enemy's skill.

Sorry I'm typing on my phone. "Linked" should have been kubels (don't ask me how autocorrect got linked lol). So you have to go mechanized, what is regarded as one of the worst doctrines past 15 minutes, in order to counter kubels? That doesn't really hold up, as usf should be able to counter spam of a t0 stock unit with t0 stock units.
13 May 2017, 08:03 AM

Always keep mechanized comapny in your roster to call in WC51 Dodge once you see kubel spam. This should do the trick. Then
Cap as much as possible, cut him off and rush m20. You can alwas sell then thanks the withdraw and refit ability, provided tgat you don't lose them prematurely
13 May 2017, 16:41 PM

Veto long ranged maps that allow this strategy, go a 2nd RE squad as they cost less and do more dmg to kubels per shot, rush a LT and a M20 as Hector said.
If you can endure you'll have a huge advantage in veterancy, as there will be no vet5 volk blob to ruin your day, but in maps like Halbe you will get crushed... Even if you go a Commander with Field Defenses to try to setup a mine or build cover for your rifles.
13 May 2017, 17:08 PM

Veto long ranged maps that allow this strategy, go a 2nd RE squad as they cost less and do more dmg to kubels per shot, rush a LT and a M20 as Hector said.
If you can endure you'll have a huge advantage in veterancy, as there will be no vet5 volk blob to ruin your day, but in maps like Halbe you will get crushed... Even if you go a Commander with Field Defenses to try to setup a mine or build cover for your rifles.

Can I add something ?

If you go multiple echelons, do not forget to a build tank trap behind a strategic point while you are capping in order to get cheap green cover.

Echelons behind the green cover will always beat the kubel or at least force it to pull back, giving you more room to cap.
13 May 2017, 18:54 PM

build a second RE and get ambo before teching or u will just bleed. make sure u hug cover early game
13 May 2017, 18:55 PM

3 tips

1.vehicles don't get the minimum range "rule" for cover, so try to stay in cover all time against kubels

2. RETs are really good against kubels, and they cost the same.

3. when kubel is moving their burst get really small, so as long as they are moving their dps cease to be a problem, so keep trying to make they move/turn around while firing, once again RETs have really good RoF and accuracy against kubel even when they moving.
13 May 2017, 21:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 May 2017, 18:55 PMzerocoh
3 tips

1.vehicles don't get the minimum range "rule" for cover, so try to stay in cover all time against kubels

2. RETs are really good against kubels, and they cost the same.

3. when kubel is moving their burst get really small, so as long as they are moving their dps cease to be a problem, so keep trying to make they move/turn around while firing, once again RETs have really good RoF and accuracy against kubel even when they moving.

Didn't know that vehicles didn't get the ignore cover thing at <10m. Do RETs fire faster than riflemen? If they did, it would definitely make sense that they are beter against kubels then, since they get the same pen and 100% accuracy.

Would also add that circle strafing kubels is definitely a legitimate strategy as long as your guys don't get pushed around too much when it turns.
13 May 2017, 22:57 PM

Didn't know that vehicles didn't get the ignore cover thing at <10m. Do RETs fire faster than riflemen? If they did, it would definitely make sense that they are beter against kubels then, since they get the same pen and 100% accuracy.

Would also add that circle strafing kubels is definitely a legitimate strategy as long as your guys don't get pushed around too much when it turns.

REs do 12 damage per shot with their Carbines, their abysmal accuracy outside of very short range doesn't matter when hitting the Kubel, this is why I recommend building more when dealing with such opener, with BARs and Vet3 they can hold their own until the very late game, which is something you want to avoid as USF anyway.
13 May 2017, 23:25 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Certain vehicles do follow the 10meter rule. The luchs for example does.
14 May 2017, 00:58 AM

Certain vehicles do follow the 10meter rule. The luchs for example does.

Huh. Is there any sort of rule for whether it does or does not ignore cover at 10m?
14 May 2017, 02:00 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

Huh. Is there any sort of rule for whether it does or does not ignore cover at 10m?

Not sure what you mean by this. If you're asking "Does the kubel ignore cover at 10m?" No, cover bonuses always apply against the kubel, cover is always directional though. If you're asking "Is there a 10m rule I can use to determine which vehicles follow the 10m rule?" No there isn't a rule for that either. You'd need to ask a modmaker, I'd suggest Mr. Smith as he's generally very accurate and reliable. Although there is no rule just remember that most vehicles do not follow the 10m rule so a vehicle 2m away will still be be under the effects of cover. The luchs as far as I know is one of the few exceptions.
14 May 2017, 03:16 AM

just blob your rifles, either he retreats his kubel or he dies, don't ever split your units up in this case. He doesn't have enough units to counter your blob in this scenario.
14 May 2017, 05:38 AM
Patrion 15

How to deal with kubel spam?
Play normal idk -.- ?
14 May 2017, 07:54 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 May 2017, 03:16 AMbert69
just blob your rifles, either he retreats his kubel or he dies, don't ever split your units up in this case. He doesn't have enough units to counter your blob in this scenario.

Clever kubel player will fire burst with his kubels and then soft retreat. I don´t think straight blobing will work against this. Only you´ll bleed tons of MP to achieve almost nothing. Once you take enough damage, you´ll have to retreat with your blob and kubels will have free reign to cap.

The best strategy against kubels is to stick behind green cover, hold your part of the map and rush m20.

jump backJump back to quoted post14 May 2017, 05:38 AMruzen
How to deal with kubel spam?
Play normal idk -.- ?

Helpful advice is helpful :thumb:

14 May 2017, 08:26 AM
Senior Editor Badge

If the Kubel cap rate wasn't faster than the standard speed this would be much harder to pull off.

Doesn't make sense to me why the Kubel gets both better mobility and better capping speed than an infantry squad. Seems to me it should get a slightly slower cap rate to compensate for the mobility.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★