Login

russian armor

How to counter brits

11 May 2017, 13:44 PM

Am not a very expereince memebr on this forum,and i reckond this ain´t the first "counter britts" thread. but i really could use som help, when i play vs USF as OKW and USf mange to dig in with Boforses, 17QP etc. its offten like game over, what ever i trie to do reading guides and employing diffrents tactis to trie to get close/destroy there emplacment ore something i always fail. At most points i have to for my Heavy armor and by the time i can deploy them its to late. i feel like i need a push ore some guidenss ore so, any tips?

yes you might look at my stats and all and think stupid ore something. But that doesn´t mean am totaly lost ore lack the experince with this game.
11 May 2017, 14:30 PM

Am not a very expereince memebr on this forum,and i reckond this ain´t the first "counter britts" thread. but i really could use som help, when i play vs USF as OKW and USf mange to dig in with Boforses, 17QP etc. its offten like game over, what ever i trie to do reading guides and employing diffrents tactis to trie to get close/destroy there emplacment ore something i always fail. At most points i have to for my Heavy armor and by the time i can deploy them its to late. i feel like i need a push ore some guidenss ore so, any tips?

yes you might look at my stats and all and think stupid ore something. But that doesn´t mean am totaly lost ore lack the experince with this game.

First of all, USF has no 17pndr neither bofors, Brits are called UKF
As OKW, use double leig, that wrecks a mortar pit in no time and then you can easily pick-off other emplacements.
As wehrmacht it is harder, one option is a double mortar, both of them in green cover and a halftrack between them to reinforce. Alternatively, you can choose a doctrine with mortar halftrack
BTW dont even think about trying to use heavy armor against the 17pndr
11 May 2017, 15:04 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

adamírcz mentioned a great way to deal with emplacements as OKW, which is double leIG 18. While rather inadequate when dealing with garrisoned units, they are quite effective against buildings. leIGs outrange the British (UKF) mortar emplacement, and two of them gives you a very decent rate of fire that allows you to slowly but surely bring down emplacements. Remember to protect them from infantry or vehicles diving at them to take them out, however.

As for heavy armor, 17-prds are designed to WRECK heavy armor, especially tanks like the Tiger and Tiger II. However, the Jagdtiger (available in the Breakthrough Doctrine at 14CP) is an exception, because it simply outranges all British emplacements (including the 17-prd) and deals a whopping 320 damage per shot. Using attack ground (hotkey A, grid hotkeys Q) at the emplacement's position is a handy way to deal with Bofors and 17-prd Emplacements. However, you MUST keep it supported, Raketenwerfers or other Tanks, plus Volksgrenadiers/Panzerfusiliers for their vehicle snare, or else your Jadgtiger will die to a swarm of enemy tanks. If the enemy comes at you with a Bazooka or PIAT blob, laugh while your supporting units kill them, because the Jadgtiger has insane frontal armor (remember to back up your Jadtiger, though!).

Also, HelpingHans made a nice video on how to deal with "SimCity": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkVxsYNab0s&t

Hope this helps!
11 May 2017, 15:10 PM

Double LeiG is certainly the way to go - the "Ready for Another Round" 25% Reduction on Barrage Cooldown Bulletin helps a lot too in this regard. The key to Brits is pressure pressure pressure - keep forcing him to Brace and don't give him time to repair. Have a Raketen on standby once you see he's braced - once it wears off attack and the emplacement will go down quick.

If he has a lot of Emplacements consider using the Fortifications Commander and build a LeFH Howitzer and use that. If you can bank 300 Munitions then Zeroing Artillery also is very good too (keep in mind you need to keep vision for it to work).
11 May 2017, 18:44 PM

thx alot for the tips
11 May 2017, 23:11 PM

Another important think to remember is that a mortar pit is 400 man power, so unless you're losing hard the whole early game, when that mortar pit goes up you should have more infantry on the field, or superior tech. Either fight away from the mortar pit or blob up your inf and kill it (scout for an mg first ofc).
12 May 2017, 01:18 AM

adamírcz mentioned a great way to deal with emplacements as OKW, which is double leIG 18. While rather inadequate when dealing with garrisoned units, they are quite effective against buildings. leIGs outrange the British (UKF) mortar emplacement, and two of them gives you a very decent rate of fire that allows you to slowly but surely bring down emplacements. Remember to protect them from infantry or vehicles diving at them to take them out, however.

As for heavy armor, 17-prds are designed to WRECK heavy armor, especially tanks like the Tiger and Tiger II. However, the Jagdtiger (available in the Breakthrough Doctrine at 14CP) is an exception, because it simply outranges all British emplacements (including the 17-prd) and deals a whopping 320 damage per shot. Using attack ground (hotkey A, grid hotkeys Q) at the emplacement's position is a handy way to deal with Bofors and 17-prd Emplacements. However, you MUST keep it supported, Raketenwerfers or other Tanks, plus Volksgrenadiers/Panzerfusiliers for their vehicle snare, or else your Jadgtiger will die to a swarm of enemy tanks. If the enemy comes at you with a Bazooka or PIAT blob, laugh while your supporting units kill them, because the Jadgtiger has insane frontal armor (remember to back up your Jadtiger, though!).

Also, HelpingHans made a nice video on how to deal with "SimCity": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkVxsYNab0s&t

Hope this helps!

+1

You can use attack ground with leigs on barrage cooldown to pound bofors and pits as well. When a bofors goes on brace I like to go usf style with my volks and split em up (to avoid vickers suppression) and run in and chuck flame nades everywhere. They do a lot of damage to braced emplacements and will oust the vickers too. The stgs do a good job against pits as well.

Leig outranges the pit? Rip simcities.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS