Login

russian armor

small indirect fire damage tweak idea

7 May 2017, 14:52 PM

It works like rock paper scisor.

Main infantry is countered by HMG which in return is countered by indirect fire weapons.

I think we all agree that, at leat in team game, indirect fire is simply too strong since it counter both main infantry and HMGs. The balance team is having hard time to find how to balance each mortar and ISG and Pak Howi.
I had this idea since couple of weeks but the last game I played (vs someone who went directly 2xmortars making the match really ugly) decided to make me write this topic. Why not using damage table to reduce all mortar damage vs mainline infantry?

Somthing like:
Mortars/ISG/PakH do 70% damage vs Infantry (RM/Gren/Volks/IS/Cons etc...)
Mortars/ISG/pakH do 100% damage vs other support weapon (mortar/isg/pak/HMGs etc..)
Mortars/ISF/pakH do 130% damage vs garrisoned units.

So spaming early mortar would have much less impact vs infantry but still deter other support weapons.

7 May 2017, 15:37 PM

Interesting ideas. I would prefer a more "realistc" (plausable) solution. Make yellow cover applicable for indirect fire as well. Currently only greeen cover offers protection which makes no sense at all.
    8 May 2017, 19:29 PM

I think mortars should just deal less damage on autofire (say 60?) And get a damage buff for barrage to promote using it more and less set and forget style mortar play.

At that point the leig and pak howi could stay as is to justify their high costs
    8 May 2017, 19:53 PM
    Donator 11

I think mortars should just deal less damage on autofire (say 60?) And get a damage buff for barrage to promote using it more and less set and forget style mortar play.

At that point the leig and pak howi could stay as is to justify their high costs

The most micro intensive and the most effective way of using indirect fire is by using the attack ground command. If the change you propose was in the game, that would not be the case.

In fact the idea behind mortars is that the "barrage" button is the least skillful use of the mortar. Even autofire is (by design) better becouse it forces good positioning. Problem is, many mortars have too much range thus making good positioning needless. Just make the range smaller and delete the range bonuses and you will see most people using barrage in lower part of the ladder.
    8 May 2017, 21:04 PM

Nerf auto attack by lowering RoF/smaller AoE - buff the AoE far so it does conistent damage in the whole area, forcing the MGs to retreat instead of relying on RNG shots.
    8 May 2017, 22:13 PM

indirect is fine....move your troops
    1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Sweden 39
    Poland 10

Ladders Top 10

• #
      Steam Alias
      W
      L
      %