Login

russian armor

how do you solve the lack of late game arty ?

4 May 2017, 16:38 PM

As title says us lacks any kind of late game good arty that coupled with the fact that you are lacking in the tank destroyer / nondoctrinal heavy tank forces puts you in a bad position what do you do ?
4 May 2017, 19:11 PM
Donator 11

Out of 8 usf commanders 6 have either an amazing late game artillery callin or powerful late game off map. The ramaining 2 have a late game armour callin. There is really not much to complain about in that regard.
4 May 2017, 20:10 PM

Try to Win, or secure a huge VP lead, before that happens.
4 May 2017, 20:26 PM

Yeah, you can only rely on scotts for USF late game, if you go calli, priest you are doomed so maybe exploit the advantages that usf has like infantry and cheap tanks. Im talking from a 1vs1 perspective, maybe in team games doctrinal artillery is viable
4 May 2017, 20:41 PM

You can always count on the Major - his arty won't kill much but it'll at least force your opponent to move his support weapons. It's more of a combined arms synchronized push with your other units than a "nuke his support weapons" type deal.
4 May 2017, 21:00 PM

Yeah, you can only rely on scotts for USF late game, if you go calli, priest you are doomed so maybe exploit the advantages that usf has like infantry and cheap tanks. Im talking from a 1vs1 perspective, maybe in team games doctrinal artillery is viable

Dismounting Priests to save on popcap between barrages or squeeze another one is very effective, provided your Ally can build Comets/T34-85s you can cover with Bazooka teams and Jacksons.
7 May 2017, 18:01 PM

You can always count on the Major - his arty won't kill much but it'll at least force your opponent to move his support weapons. It's more of a combined arms synchronized push with your other units than a "nuke his support weapons" type deal.

Major also has recon for self spotting arty and both of his abilities get much better with vet. He also gets a fake barrage and sprint.
8 May 2017, 15:29 PM

Depends on what faction your facing. Wehrmacht I'd recommend using Tactical Support doctrine as the Calliope can easily wipe pak walls and such. Infantry Company which has the Priest does well against OKW simply due to the short cool down so you can constantly barrage his buildings either forcing his Sturmpioneers to constantly repair and risk wiping them or lose his buildings. Remember to use Major recon to reduce scatter and decrew your priest while waiting for the barrage to cool down.

Scotts I would suggest if your infantry is lacking in veterancy or weapons as duel scotts are quite a force to reckon with if used well.

11 May 2017, 10:00 AM

Dual Scott are powerful and cheap enough to be spamed. You can take down OKW buildings quite fast from blind spots and have vet1 smoke to escape ambush.
1 Scott + 1 pack is also a good combo, use the napalm barrage with the Scott barrage/auto-fire to quickly decrew any weapon team.

1vs1 I usually end up with 50/60 kills with dual Scott, 2vs2 I can go till 100 kills depending how my opponents are spamming/blobbing infantry.

Obviously having a Calliope or Priest behind is a plus.

One key element of the gameplay behind manipuling 2 Scott is being good with ATgun management. You´ll obviously get less fuel and popcap for sherman/jackson so dual Atgun is in my opinion the must to go to protect hold your line and then, later, a jackson for more firepower and mobility.

Does all of that solve the lack of late arty. Not in 100% of cases, maybe between 60-80% depending how you manage well your units. USF definitely need a late game stock arty to compete with other factions. On the mean time, make sure you always have at least oney on your loadout, Calliope-priest-mech commander-armor commander.
12 May 2017, 05:53 AM

Out of 8 usf commanders 6 have either an amazing late game artillery callin or powerful late game off map. The ramaining 2 have a late game armour callin. There is really not much to complain about in that regard.

Cept airborne. P47s are the best way to waste muni since perimeter overwatch.
12 May 2017, 06:46 AM

PZ47s should have low CD and low cost, because Allied Air Supperioty, and how much of a coin flip they are.
12 May 2017, 12:25 PM

PZ47s should have low CD and low cost, because Allied Air Supperioty, and how much of a coin flip they are.

Either reduce the cost or make it hurt infantry as well, like the British Typhoons do. Now, unless you manage to cripple the tank, you don´t get anything from it, aside from forcing it away for a moment.
12 May 2017, 19:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 May 2017, 12:25 PMmediev

Either reduce the cost or make it hurt infantry as well, like the British Typhoons do. Now, unless you manage to cripple the tank, you don´t get anything from it, aside from forcing it away for a moment.

I saw it on a replay finish off a Panzer IV, once, it was hard to believe.
12 May 2017, 22:36 PM

I saw it on a replay finish off a Panzer IV, once, it was hard to believe.

Damn. And my p47s whenever I make the mistake of calling them in a) instantly get shot down or b) miss a kt's broadside.
12 May 2017, 23:31 PM

Damn. And my p47s whenever I make the mistake of calling them in a) instantly get shot down or b) miss a kt's broadside.

The JU87s cost 66% of the P47s and can kill most Allied Armor in a single sweep, while you'd consider yourself lucky if your Thunderbolts do something, the average player will swear to you they only kill tanks by crashing on top of them.
13 May 2017, 00:34 AM

The JU87s cost 66% of the P47s and can kill most Allied Armor in a single sweep, while you'd consider yourself lucky if your Thunderbolts do something, the average player will swear to you they only kill tanks by crashing on top of them.

Yup. Ju87 is a bit broken though.
16 May 2017, 12:48 PM

Yup. Ju87 is a bit broken though.

Not really. It is just appropriate for what it costs. If you spend the majority of your munitions, you should get something out of it. It is the abilities like Zeroing Artillery and P-47s that are the problem here I think.
16 May 2017, 20:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 May 2017, 12:48 PMmediev

Not really. It is just appropriate for what it costs. If you spend the majority of your munitions, you should get something out of it. It is the abilities like Zeroing Artillery and P-47s that are the problem here I think.

By all means, make P47s as appropiate as the JU87s and watch how long it takes for there be trending "meme" posts about Allies having skill planes like the Germans.
16 May 2017, 23:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 May 2017, 12:48 PMmediev

First of all, ju87 at strafe is literally click to kill at least one medium instantly. If that's not cheese, I don't know what is.

Wait p47 is a problem? It's so damn bad, unless that's what you mean. Don't know much about zeroing artillery other than get the fuck out of the circle
16 May 2017, 23:36 PM

By all means, make P47s as appropiate as the JU87s and watch how long it takes for there be trending "meme" posts about Allies having skill planes like the Germans.

+1

Lol. How much does ju87 cost? How much does p47 cost? How much does each do?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★