Login

russian armor

GCS Replays bug? Or maybe even a replay bug in general?

4 May 2017, 14:04 PM
Senior Referee Badge

Thx to AggonyPrussianPrince for pointing this weird stuff out!

It started with him wanting to watch some replays of the GCS tournament. He had put them in the right folder and they didn't all show up (even with the -allowIncompatibleReplays option). Some did (for example game 5 of steffen vs zarok), but some didn't as for example Theo vs Refero Game 3. We tried puting one replay in the folder and then seeing if the replay shows up but it didnt make a difference.

Replays that worked and didn't work:

work:
-jaeforjett vs koreanarmy, all work
-jesulin vs havoc, all work
-aimstrong vs hooligan, all work for hooligan BUT NOT FOR PRUSSIAN PRINCE (even the one aimstrong saved)
-zarok vs steffen, all work
-tomakaze vs baumy, all work
-hans vs ku2521, all work

don't work:
- Fredbrik vs Earth, all broken
- Talisman vs rachmaninoff, all broken
- Devm vs Fahu, all broken
- Theo vs Refero, all broken
- VonAsten vs Spanky, all broken
- pappy vs jeremy, all broken
- tobis vs anders, all broken
- vonivan vs burmie, all broken
- aimstrong vs hooligan, all broken BUT NOT FOR HOOLIGAN (even the one aimstrong saved)

Things that we tried:
- allowIncompatibleReplays option, FOR HOOLIGAN THIS DID WORK BUT FOR PRUSSIAN PRICE NOT
- put only one replay in the folder
- renaming:
-different download region
-different replay versions:

things that might be the problem:
perhaps bugged replays are autosaved ones that are renamed?
something with the game language settings?

THEORY 1:
Some of the games were played with the mod. The mod now has been deleted from the workshop. You can now only watch the games if you HAD installed the mod before it was deleted and if you put the option on for replays that are older. So you need to have the mod and put old replays option on to see them all.

4 May 2017, 14:16 PM

Noob here. But something caught my mind. Is it possible that with watching back the replays, the one that was trying to watch it, didn´t have the GCS balance mod installed or at least selected?

Don't know if this helps. Just an idea.
4 May 2017, 14:26 PM

Noob here. But something caught my mind. Is it possible that with watching back the replays, the one that was trying to watch it, didn´t have the GCS balance mod installed or at least selected?

Don't know if this helps. Just an idea.

That is a good point, unfortunately I cannot test it as I believe the mod cannot be downloaded anymore.

EDIT: After having Hooligan send me the mod file over manually, everything works as it should.
4 May 2017, 14:51 PM
Senior Editor Badge

Yeah, pretty sure that's it. The "Don't work" replays seem to be all from the first two days (when GCS was not live so they were played with the mod), and the most others from day 3 & 4.

I think I noticed that indeed you and Aimstrong used the GSC mod when playing the game even though that would probably not be necessary, and this seems to be the only really weird one.

So, I'm speculating but my guess is:

• PrussianPrince can't view any replays with the mod because he didn't have the mod and its now not available anymore.

• You can't probably view the old replays anymore because I guess the program refuses to apply a mod to an old patch replay file (like, it says: GSC mod & WBP patch? Can't do!).

• You can watch your series with Aimstrong because you have the mod installed and it is applied to the current live patch.

At least that would make kind of sense...
4 May 2017, 14:56 PM

Yeah, pretty sure that's it. The "Don't work" replays seem to be all from the first two days (when GCS was not live so they were played with the mod), and the most others from day 3 & 4.

I think I noticed that indeed you and Aimstrong used the GSC mod when playing the game even though that would probably not be necessary, and this seems to be the only really weird one.

So, I'm speculating but my guess is:

• PrussianPrince can't view any replays with the mod because he didn't have the mod and its now not available anymore.

• You can't probably view the old replays anymore because I guess the program refuses to apply a mod to an old patch replay file (like, it says: GSC mod & WBP patch? Can't do!).

• You can watch your series with Aimstrong because you have the mod installed and it is applied to the current live patch.

At least that would make kind of sense...

Going to repeat myself in case you didn't notice the edit on my last post, but in general you are right. It's basically like this:

1. Once Hooligan sent me the mod manually, I was able to see his replays in game and watch them.

2. Replays with old patch but with GCS mod still can be watched with -allowIncompatibleReplays set in CoH2 launch options.

EDIT: I propose that the mod becomes public again on Steam Workshop so that this issue can be solved. Still a bit of a hassle rather than simply being able to watch the replays in game, but at least it's a workaround.
4 May 2017, 15:10 PM

That is a good point, unfortunately I cannot test it as I believe the mod cannot be downloaded anymore.

EDIT: After having Hooligan send me the mod file over manually, everything works as it should.

Good to hear it is resolved!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS